Woodi here, just wanted to say thanks,

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Woodi here, just wanted to say thanks,

Post by World War Woodi »

I must say it has been a blast learning to play multiplayer, as you all know it is a completly different animal than single player.

I played single player D1 and D2 originally on playstation 1 and loved it. No clue about trichording at all, I played them up to the difficulty setting of "insane" and loved it. I never thought it could get any harder than that, then I bought D3 for the pc and tried multiplayer for the first time a few weeks ago and wow. I havent had so much fun in along time !

You guys ROCK ! I dont care how much I die I still have a blast.

So the reason I'm writing this is to say thanks to the guys who have helped me to relearn this game, Cadet, Kobutsu, Canuck, Kyro, and several others that have given me tips and even started a dedicated game to show me the ropes, Cadet has done this several times.

Also to my teamates in the CTF games that have put up with me shooting them in the back with missed Mass Driver shots, a missplaced frag missile, or napalm, thanks so much for your patience with a noob, you know who you all are :)

BTW, special thanks to Mobius for his awesome website, that was the place that got me to consider this game online after all the links from the game launcher were found to be dead. Not to mention what a resource his site has been for a noob to learn tactics, and a great intro to trichording and configuring a joy stick.

See you in the mines !
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Glad to see you're havin fun dude.. keep at it.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Welcome to the world of online D3, woodi! I fly under any one of many aliases refering to Superman. Don't pay any attention to people when they get mad at you in CTF, the only time they have that right is when they're in a team/clan game. Just give it your best--it's a learning experience for all of us, and it is a blast! ;) See you in the mines!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

They're so Cute when they're young. ;)
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Until they get old and ugly. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Word Duper ;)

Woodi:
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I still don't get why you're flying a cargo transport ship, Krom. :P
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Krom wrote:Word Duper ;)

Woodi:
Kyouryuu wrote:I still don't get why you're flying a cargo transport ship, Krom. :P
Heh. I was playing that ancient level earlier. Cloaked turret atop the mine's entrance is what fired that oh-so-infamous Mega Missile. :oops:
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Well I played you for the first time today woodi, and I must say that you definetly have skill. GG and hope to see you in the mines again.

-Unix
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

Woodi Blows up Real Good ! ! bits of Black Pyro fly all over the place !
[TA]One
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [TA]One »

Woodi, you'll see words like "noob" and "elite" get thrown around by the D3 mob. Just remember, the TRUE elite are those who have a love for this game, consistantly display sportsmanlike conduct, and do what they can to help rather than hurt the enjoyment of others who love this game. Skill has nothing to do with being elite.

You're one of D3's elite, Woodi. Stay elite. :)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

That's a great sentiment, One, but I'm afraid you can't just redefine a word like that. ;)
[TA]One
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [TA]One »

I hope you're joking - because that's the only true definition "elite" ever had. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Easiest way to tell the difference between a (perma) newbie and an elite. Perma newbies say things like what [TA]One just said to make themselves feel better. ;);););););):)*

* This post is intended to flame [TA]One and just about everyone else too for the amusment of the author, please feel free to take too seriously.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

Krom wrote:
* This post is intended to flame [TA]One and just about everyone else too for the amusment of the author, please feel free to take too seriously.
i can't read that... did someone say perma-noob?
:P
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Actually Krom, I don't see anything wrong with most of what One said about love for the game, sportsmanlike conduct, and helping rather than hurting others enjoyment of the game. It's the interpretation of those that would be disagreed upon. As for skill though One, I'm afraid that the dictionary owns you on that point.

"A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status: â??In addition to notions of social equality there was much emphasis on the role of elites and of heroes within themâ?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

[TA]One wrote:Woodi, you'll see words like "noob" and "elite" get thrown around by the D3 mob. Just remember, the TRUE elite are those who have a love for this game, consistantly display sportsmanlike conduct, and do what they can to help rather than hurt the enjoyment of others who love this game.
I agree.
[TA]One wrote:Skill has nothing to do with being elite.
I disagree. Although I'd say it has less to do with skill than with experience. The elite should be experienced and well-known and should have at least one or two LANs under each of their belts.
[TA]One wrote:You're one of D3's elite, Woodi. Stay elite. :)
The elite are those up to whome others in the community look.

Woodi seems like a cool guy, ie "elite material" but he's also a newbie.
[TA]One
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [TA]One »

Here's another definition: "those people or organizations that are considered the best or most powerful compared to others of a similar type" Replace "elite" with "best" in my first post if you're stumbling over what I typed to Woodi. And those who display Woodi's attitude ARE D3's best.

I know that the word elite is often associated with those who are the most "skilled" of a group. That's why I made it clear in my post that skill was not a factor in who I was calling elite.

Now you can pick apart this post as much as you like - I just think it's funny that some of you actually find the need to. :D
Bonz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bonz »

I find it funny you actually felt the need to reply back :roll:
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

[TA]One wrote: And those who display Woodi's attitude ARE D3's best.
And those who passively-aggressively insult some people by changing word definitions to feign compliments of others ARE D3's worst. =)

Please don't use Woodi, who seems like a cool guy, to subversively argue a political point.

kthxbye
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Precisely
LEON
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by LEON »

Skills are worthless, if you cannot use them to become a better person. :)

Martial arts words of visdom. :)
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

LEON wrote:Skills are worthless, if you cannot use them to become a better person. :)

Martial arts words of visdom. :)

I really like this one. Simple.