Including a PHP/HTML file in Flash.

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Including a PHP/HTML file in Flash.

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Is it possible? How? :D
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

[edit - nm, I misread the title...]
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

I'm not totally sure but I think you can extract variables from PHP files and then do what you want with those.

But I don't think you can actually include them directly.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

If you have HTML it should be DISPLAYED USING A BROWSER'S HTML RENDERER.

Repeat after me: Flash is for multimedia content which can not be displayed using HTML.

KTHXBYE.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Mobi Mobi Mobi.... stfu. Tell me how I can display an animated page change in HTML? Nope? Can't!!! KTHXBYE!

I want to include the *parsed* PHP, not the literal php code.
Basically what I want to do is have the site content loaded from a page. THis includes links, images, forms, etc. I have a flash navigation, but I also want some kind of loading sequence for the page content (like a nifty little fade in animation or something), when you click a button. Something simple yet more than just a page load. Somehow http://2advanced.com seems to do a lot of this, but maybe they're just very good at designing their panes. I dunno. But is there a simple way to create possibly a MovieClip that loads an HTML file?

The page I'm doing this on is www.arasian.com . I have a flash interface, but I want to integrate it with the rest of the page.
Samuel Dravis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Samuel Dravis »

Are you sure it doesn't just grab the content directly from a pregenerated xml file or something?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Nitrofox125 wrote:Tell me how I can display an animated page change in HTML?
If all your site is going to be is nothing but visual dazzel, then people will look at it, go "ooh ahh" and never visit it again, unless it has content.

this is what you want to avoid in website design... all flash, little worth-while content. Just to annoy Mobi, Rob is using flash correctly, even though its a POS flash.

Do this, and you'll find your life a bit easier: get the content first, then work on the navigation, THEN start thinking about extravigant visual effects.

Going for the visual wow will make adding content later on harder.

And don't do a Mobi, and stick your navigation into javascript. thats just pure evil.
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

rob's site sucks. who the f is rob and why does he have a site? who knows. i guess that's what we have to decide.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

The way I have it set up now, when you click a button on the interface, it goes to a new page. (well, it's the same page, but with a different ?page= query). For people with a nonexistent or very low cache, they have to load the flash nav each time (it's only about 100k, but still could get pretty annoying). I wanted to include the content in the flash file so you didn't have to reload the page at all when you clicked on a link, Flash just loaded a new file into it's content pane. Make sense?