Sexual Harassment case settled for Bill....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Sexual Harassment case settled for Bill....

Post by Gooberman »

..O'reilly.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... oreilly_dc

I don't think any conservative in the media has ever been able to capture a liberal audience like Bill O'reilly. Do you think it was wise for him to settle the sexual harassment case? Will it hurt his image/huge fan base? Is there any truth to this, she just want money? or is it just liberal slander?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/10 ... kris1.html

I get the feeling that he settled now, hoping that the election backdrop will just make this story go away.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

If the woman had a real case, she and her atty.'s should have gone through with the case.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

i guess they settled for like 10 million, so obviously she had a case good enough for that or they would have laughed it off and not paid 7 digits. food for thought woodchip.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ten million...who says? I thought it was a sealed decision where neither party claims wrong doing.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Zuruck wrote:i guess they settled for like 10 million, so obviously she had a case good enough for that or they would have laughed it off and not paid 7 digits. food for thought woodchip.
O really? Where do you get your info? Source Please? I heard on the radio this morning that BOTH parties agreed that nothing happened and they dropped it all.

My source : WAY Radio, 88.1 FM, Huntsville/Harvest/Athens AL.

Also worth reading ...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/10 ... illy1.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6242870/
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Eh, I heard it on Mancow radio this morning. Damn conservative radio stations being misinformed!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Mancow is also a comedian.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

you can be a conservative commentator and still want to jack it all over your producer... of course the sex for the woman would be terrible.

another thought... does a republicans sperm look like little elephants? does a democrats sperm look like little donkeys?

:x :x :x
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Just because they agreed to no wrong doing, doesn't mean he didn't pay her a ★■◆● load of money for her to agree to that. Oreilly paying her 10mil, and her agreeing that there was no wrong doing, are not at all mutually exclusive. As odd as that seems.

She said to a reporter on CNN that she was very happy with the settlement. The reporter then joked that "she gets a new apartment, O'reilly gets the story to go away."

My bet is that there was no sexual harassment. But there were some image damaging taped phone conversations with a woman that he wasn't married to.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

actually it makes perfect sense. the guy, who writes books on how society is in a pit of despair, pays off some woman to keep quiet.

Why? he most likely did do what was alleged and doesn't want it coming out in order to keep his career.
index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by index_html »

If B.O. was calling her and spouting filthies, I wonder if she ever considered just hanging up the phone. Seems a little hard to believe that he just decided out of the blue to turn her into a 1-976 worker. I suspect they had a little mutual flirty thing going on, and she either got bent about something or decided to set him up (making recordings and such) and cash in. Still, he's married and looks like a perv now. I'm pretty convinced the recordings exist (which were probably submitted during pre-trial discovery), otherwise he probably wouldn't have settled. I could be wrong, but I suspect they both smell less than lemon fresh in this little Jerry Springer episode.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

smart move on bill's part. Get the thing off the airwaves ASAP, or it would have been the next OJ trial
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

to some his situation up, how poetic. I wonder what a lot of his previous guest have to comment on the matter :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Actually Birds, it was a pretty stupid move settling outright.

Because now it sets a precedent that any woman can sue a famous person and get a settlement.

If I was him and the allegations were indeed false, I would have said 'I did not do any of this, and there is no proof I did this. there are no tapes, no affidavits, no evidence that I ever did any such thing.', and then I would have fought it out in court.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

woodchip wrote:If the woman had a real case, she and her atty.'s should have gone through with the case.
Out of curiosity... does that simple logic make Michael Jackson innocent? :P
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

"Because now it sets a precedent that any woman can sue a famous person and get a settlement"

lol, as if this didn't already exist and wasnt the motivation!
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Now it's just automatic
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I wonder if he pays his guests like that when he shuts them up on the air.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

probably about the same when he gets his producer to cut their mic when he's losing a debate.