WoW Trailer. O_o

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

WoW Trailer. O_o

Post by Duper »

Have you guys seen the World of Warcraft Trailer???!?!?? Holy....

go get it HERE

About 45 megs. Some very VERY cool CGI. For those wanting to do fur (Drak) this is a Must.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Blizzard is really getting the cinematics down. Oo
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

If this is the one I think it is (game opening cinematic) it's actually a petty real display of the classes and how they play. Not that the game looks this pretty, but the fighting style is intact and the races the classes are are all possible.

The dwarf + bear = hunter. The sound where he cocks, shoots, and then the bear growls as he rushes forward is taken from in-game. If your pet is on assist, he charges into melee when you first deal damage (gunshot hits). Hunters fight from a range with guns or bows while their pets tank.

The night elf chick = druid. In caster form (elf or tauren) they are healers. You see cat form, which is a melee dps form. They also have bear form (tank) travel form (run speed, no attacks), and aquatic form (see travel form, but for swimming).

The undead guy with the infernal = warlock. Yes, you can summon that thing. You get 6 pets (demonic summons) by 60, 2 mounts, a ranged attacker/buffer, a melee attacker/CCer, a melee anticaster, a melee tank, and the mighty infernal. To my knowledge, no one has the infernal yet. It's one of two spells in teh game that you have to find. I guess it's rare. One pet at a time.

The tauren with the dust doesn't show us much, but he appears to be a shaman. Shaman have a far sight spell that moves your camera.

The orc is obviously a warrior. Not much to explain here.

The human with the fireballs is a mage. He uses mostly fire (the damage spell line) but he appears to use a bit of arcane (tricks and hard to resist damage), in the second scene his first spell is Frost Nova, an aoe root from the cold line (high dpm, comparatively low dps, snare and root centric line).

edit: this is it. Scenes:

Dwarf is overlooking Ironforge in Dun Morogh, a main alliance city. That's the main gate. Dun Morogh is the dwarf/gnome starting area. It's possible, though frustrating, to reach that exact in-game spot.

The Elf chick starts somewhere in ashenvale. In-game ashenvale looks EXACTLY like this. Northern kalimdor, contested zone but no horde quests yet. Pretty much an elf area.

The undead appears to be at agamand mills in Tirisfal Glades. This doesn't make a lot of sense since it's the undead newbie area but he's at least level 50.

The tauren is in Mulgore, near the center of the zone, I forget the name of that lake. On the left you will see a massive cliff. On top of that is Thunder Bluff, a main horde city. Tauren starting area.

Our orc friend is in front of Orgrimmar in Durotar, another main horde city. Also the main gate. Orc and troll starting area.

I'm not positive where the human mage is but it looks like winterspring.

Back to Dun Morogh, hunter vs tauren. Unfortunately, the totem weapon isn't in the game (yet?).

Back to Tirisfal Glades. Exactly the same spot, agamand mills.

The Orc and Night Elf look to be fighting in either Mulgore or the Barrens. Probably the barrens, as Ashenvale and Durotar are both connected to the Barrens fairly close together. The night elf shows off one of her racial abilities, increased dodge chance.

The mage area looks more like winterspring in this shot. The ruins have highborne (old corrupt night elf) spirits patrolling them, it's a high level area.

The tauren is the same guy, still in Dun Morogh.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So are the characters going to look as good as in the trailer when you play? The skin and hair/fur movement is phenominal. Oh and how soon before a nude patch? :wink:
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

The game wont look that good.
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

from me, because I love you guys:

The scenes in order, where they are in the world.

A part of a screenie I took during some lag (which is why I have holy casting animation while dancing on the anvil). This is with the graphics set as low as they go to run on my POS.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

you playing the beta?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Looks like Blizz has been taking lessons from the cinematics gurus at Squaresoft or whatever the hell they're called now. ;) Pupil has definitely surpassed the masters in this regard though.

Awesome cinematics.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I have absolutely no interest in this game, but that is still one freakin' hot cinematic. :D
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Top Gun wrote:I have absolutely no interest in this game, but that is still one freakin' hot cinematic. :D
x2

PS. Phoenix Red, go outside, there is a life waiting for you there.
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

Top Gun wrote:I have absolutely no interest in this game, but that is still one freakin' hot cinematic. :D
x3
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I don't like how the downloader insulted my network card drivers. Since when was old from "2003"? Maybe for video card drivers. Those Blizzard employees are soo smug.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Jeff250 wrote:I don't like how the downloader insulted my network card drivers. Since when was old from "2003"? Maybe for video card drivers. Those Blizzard employees are soo smug.
wth are you talking about? ..dude.. we're over here.. that's the chair. :mrgreen:
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

STRESSTEST wrote:
x2

PS. Phoenix Red, go outside, there is a life waiting for you there.
lol. I have a stack of homework I was/am avoiding on the flimsiest pretenses ^_^
MehYam
DBB Head Flapper
DBB Head Flapper

Post by MehYam »

I think Blizzard's always been big on cinematics. Didn't they win some sort of award for the Diablo cutscenes?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

The NeverWinter Nights are pretty good to, but they're recoreded in a low res. :\
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

I know a guy who worked on the WoW cinematics.

He did the elf chick and the minotaur. Some really badass work, no doubt about that.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

omg I watched that mother with my surround sound, and HOLY ****! That's so awesome it made me cry :P

Seriously, I'm never going to touch a MMORPG, or even hold the box. I think if I even brushed up against one, it'd latch itself on to me, ride home like a tick, somehow install itself on my computer, and four months later I'd poke my bearded head out my office door and go "wtf's that big bright orb?"
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

This is what I'm talking about:

I think the best part is, "Failure to do so will most likely cause your system to crash..." :roll:

edit: But yeah, good movie. :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Blizzards Very own little Bit Torrent Client(very old one no less has tracker porblems), WTF didn't they just give us a *.torrent Link

GHEY
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

BUBBALOU wrote:Blizzards Very own little Bit Torrent Client(very old one no less has tracker porblems), WTF didn't they just give us a *.torrent Link

GHEY
Yup, I noticed that too. took me a sec to figure out what was going on.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I was wondering why when I got up this morning it said that I had uploaded 127MB... I was like... huh wha?
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Arbitar wrote:
x3
x4

BTW That chick is HOTTT!!
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

Pgg, blizzard downloader sucks :-/

http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu

Here you can download straight .torrent links to download the game with your own torrent client. Makes use of blizzards' own tracker.