I had to sing in Church

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

I had to sing in Church

Post by Bet51987 »

I'm just blabbing here....

I got stuck singing in the Church choir today during a high mass because some were out sick and I used to do it regularly until I got out of it. I ended up having to go 45 minutes early to review the sheets. Grrrrrrrr.....Then, I had to do a Charlotte Church solo of "Ave in Aeternum" with some backups humming. My dad said seeing me up there in the highest part of the church, wearing my cross, and singing made me look Angelic. Geez..... I told him please don't ever use that word in front of my friends....ever....I think I'm going back to dirty blonde now. I found the choir thing BORING but didn't tell him that.
Anyway, while Dad was all proud, all I could think about up there was which one of you guys ratted on me......It's the only thing I was thinking about the whole time. Drakona I'm sure has the power and I will figure it out somehow.

The brightest part of my day was a complete surprise while Dad and I were shopping for clothes and boots. Right out of the blue, he decided to buy me a cell phone. WOW!. I now have a cell phone, and it works. Kool. Unfortunately it has to be off in school, but anyway, I'm a happy girl now. Clothes, boots, and a cell phone.

Anyway....that was my day.....just blabbing and happy.

Bettina
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Get a livejournal or something; you're just asking for trouble by posting this here. :P

High mass? I haven't been to church on a regular basis since my Confirmation, and that was to get me into high school. (Yes I go to Catholic high school. No I'm not sorry.)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

If your dad was proud, then that should be reward enough.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

you can't sing in a church choir with dirty blonde hair?
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

All well and good - but where is the MP3? ;)

Glad you enjoyed. I'm not religious in the slightest, but the boys school I was at http://www.christscollege.com/ had an amazing choir, and all 600 boys sang pretty damn well (2-3 hours prac for the entire school each week! ACK)... Anyway, hearing some of those hymns still gives me shivers and a tingly spine.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Yay for cell phones. I have two! :P

(duuude you gotta get the Super Mario Bros. ring tone!)
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Bah, my high school http://www.jesuitnola.org

Got everyone beat in terms of private education :P
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Sorry, ccb, my Jesuit high school probably has yours beat. ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

DCrazy wrote:Sorry, ccb, my Jesuit high school probably has yours beat. ;)

LOL the website doesn't. ;)
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

out of a graduating class of 300 we usually have gotten 30 national merit semifinalists over the past few years

btw, how did you get tuition free education, mine costs 4500 a year.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Yeah I know, Duper, Jude (the web admin) has a tendency to break things over the weekend. Especially when the entire senior year needs access to their network shares. :x

ccb: Because it's in our school's charter. I think we had 25 semifinalists this year out of the class of 125 (I was one of them). That's 1/5th vs. your 1/10th. Nya-nya... pissing contest! :D My school requires letters of recommendation (yours discourages them), take a separate admissions test, and take 2 interviews. I'd say the school is pretty good by now at determining who will become millionaires and donate big bucks to the school as alumni. ;)
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: I had to sing in Church

Post by Avder »

bet51987 wrote:I'm just blabbing here....

I got stuck singing in the Church choir today during a high mass because some were out sick and I used to do it regularly until I got out of it. I ended up having to go 45 minutes early to review the sheets. Grrrrrrrr.....Then, I had to do a Charlotte Church solo of "Ave in Aeternum" with some backups humming. My dad said seeing me up there in the highest part of the church, wearing my cross, and singing made me look Angelic. Geez..... I told him please don't ever use that word in front of my friends....ever....I think I'm going back to dirty blonde now. I found the choir thing BORING but didn't tell him that.
Anyway, while Dad was all proud, all I could think about up there was which one of you guys ratted on me......It's the only thing I was thinking about the whole time. Drakona I'm sure has the power and I will figure it out somehow.

The brightest part of my day was a complete surprise while Dad and I were shopping for clothes and boots. Right out of the blue, he decided to buy me a cell phone. WOW!. I now have a cell phone, and it works. Kool. Unfortunately it has to be off in school, but anyway, I'm a happy girl now. Clothes, boots, and a cell phone.

Anyway....that was my day.....just blabbing and happy.

Bettina
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

What Avder said..
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Let the girl blabber, it's what they do! And now that she has a cell phone she will do it 3x as much! :D

(J/k J/k! Don't hit me!!) :O
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

I know a girl just like her, no wait, exactly like her. She's also blond and looks similar.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Damn, I forgot how much puberty and the whole teenage thing sucked ass.
Mr.Rsm
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mr.Rsm »

sing at church for the next month and get him to buy you a car.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Mr.Rsm wrote:sing at church for the next month and get him to buy you a car.
Now theres an idea!
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

JMEaT wrote:Let the girl blabber, it's what they do! And now that she has a cell phone she will do it 3x as much! :D

(J/k J/k! Don't hit me!!) :O
I won't hit you....yet. :wink:
I'm kind of the quiet type and I only blab here, but I think this cell phone will open a new world for me.....
I already have orders to keep it on all the time when I'm not in school, and it has some kind of GPS locator in it so if I push 911 the police know where I am. Kinda neat though. Kool looking too.

Bettina
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Dedman wrote:Damn, I forgot how much puberty and the whole teenage thing sucked ***.
I don't feel that way now, I'm free, (sort of) I don't pay room and board, I have good clothes, got my own room, TV, stereo, and a desk. I work for it by doing my chores around the house, mowing the lawn, etc. It's not bad at all, but I know that some aren't as lucky as me.

Bettina
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Its got a GPS locator on it because your parents are paranoid and want to know your exact location at all times. I suggest if you ever wana do something and you dont want your parents finding out that you conveniently forget to bring your cell phone :P
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Actually most new cell phones have this technology. I just purchased one recently with the feature. It goes live when you dial 911. Also most have a setting for it to be on all the time. I have mine enabled to transmit GPS at all times.
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

They can only track the phone when a call is made. It doesn't transmit location data all the time.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Oh come on, singing in church cant be THAT bad. ;) Being an acolyte is worse, though I actually enjoy my job. Been for at least a decade.

Many cell phones now have the GPS feature. You can actually turn it off unless its specially built to be permanent.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

JMEaT wrote:Actually most new cell phones have this technology. I just purchased one recently with the feature. It goes live when you dial 911. Also most have a setting for it to be on all the time. I have mine enabled to transmit GPS at all times.
I was wrong before...mine is setup like yours.

Bettina
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Top Wop wrote:Oh come on, singing in church cant be THAT bad. ;) Being an acolyte is worse, though I actually enjoy my job. Been for at least a decade.
Yes it is... They say I have a voice, but I don't like singing in public. It's just not me and I feel dorky and sweaty doing it. I rather carry the candles. I sing some italian songs for my dad and his friends, but thats it. I even wrote words for his favorite "La Notte Di Favola" (we're italian). I have to sing again in church for Christmas too. I'm gonna want an Xbox for that. :wink:

Bettina
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Heh, yeah I hate singing @ church too. So I don't. :D
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

heh...where's that "this is a room of people who care" image?

Jeez, you're spoiled. I've been working since I was 15. Stop complaining. If I got all the shiz you got for free I'd sing the Palestinian national anthem if they asked me to (and that says a lot, I hate Palestinians)

In any case, luckily my parents are JWs, so I just have to go to meetings and service and sit there and think about all the sins I like to commit.
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Phaser »

hey, i'm in choir!!! :evil: What's wrong with that? And i might be doing a duet with a girl from school in a couple weeks. The choir concert is gonna be in a church!! and it's a Christmas theme too so the song has to be "Godish" if you know what i mean... I think we're gonna do "Where are you christmas" by Faith Hill....we're not sure yet though. But what's so bad you get your 15-20 min. of fame or whatever, and u get clothes, shoes, and a phone! How old R U, I got my phone when i was like 12. OK that was just 2 years ago but it's still cool. Seriously you made out like a bandit. :wink: Sounds fun..!!! :D

Phaser
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Why the hell would you need a f'ing cell phone at age 12? Who are you going to call? You're 12! What the flippin hell? I see little kids all the time with phones. Why do they have phones? I didn't get a phone until I was sixteen years old because my parents wouldn't buy it for me and I had to pay for it myself along with my cell phone service. I have to buy my own clothes, I pay my own car insurance, I bought my car myself with my own money and I have to pay for gas.

Its like living on my own...except the fact that I'm not living on my own :P
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Phaser »

Beowulf wrote:Why the hell would you need a f'ing cell phone at age 12? Who are you going to call? You're 12! What the flippin hell? I see little kids all the time with phones. Why do they have phones? I didn't get a phone until I was sixteen years old because my parents wouldn't buy it for me and I had to pay for it myself along with my cell phone service. I have to buy my own clothes, I pay my own car insurance, I bought my car myself with my own money and I have to pay for gas.

Its like living on my own...except the fact that I'm not living on my own :P
If you have a cell phone at 12 that means you're just cool. Also i'm not 12 now!!! grrr!!! Anyways i don't have to buy anything myself. Why did you have to buy your own clothes?!?!?!?!? that aint right!!! I already have a car too! :D lol, sry :( ...bragging
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

[rant]
Beowulf wrote: I didn't get a phone until I was sixteen years old because my parents wouldn't buy it for me and I had to pay for it myself along with my cell phone service.
Wtf did you need a cellphone at 16 for? You were 16! ;) Everyone forget how to use a pay phone overnight? All these little spoiled brats running around with cellphones at school these days. Or grownups driving/walking around with them glued to their ears. Not once did I ever need to call someone from school or do I need to talk to someone so much that I have to have a friggin phone with me all the damn time.

I still don't have a cellphone. Most of the features are pointless. OMG, CUTE RINGTONES! :roll: wow, I can check my email :roll: Awesome, I can play mp3s! :roll: It's a phone retard, you know, you use them to phvcking talk.[/rant]
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Tyranny wrote:...I still don't have a cellphone. Most of the features are pointless. OMG, CUTE RINGTONES! :roll: ...
Are you knocking the SMB ring tone? :x :crackknuckles:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I dont have a cellphone yet, but eventually I will need one I know. I'm just resisting till that time comes. :P
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I have one because there are no payphones on trains.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

DCrazy wrote:Yeah I know, Duper, Jude (the web admin) has a tendency to break things over the weekend. Especially when the entire senior year needs access to their network shares. :x

ccb: Because it's in our school's charter. I think we had 25 semifinalists this year out of the class of 125 (I was one of them). That's 1/5th vs. your 1/10th. Nya-nya... pissing contest! :D My school requires letters of recommendation (yours discourages them), take a separate admissions test, and take 2 interviews. I'd say the school is pretty good by now at determining who will become millionaires and donate big bucks to the school as alumni. ;)
:P
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

bet51987
Do the math Beowulf. It doesn't add up to twelve. :lol:
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I wish I have a cellphone :cry:

If I have a cellphone, I won't give away my number
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Dark Falcon wrote:I wish I have a cellphone :cry:
No, you don't.
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Phaser »

LOL!! this topic went from singing in church to everything about cell phones.