I've got Half-Life 2...do you? :)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

fliptw wrote:It does come with a nice card with a summary of controls.
You get the same thing on steam with right-click -> manual (just FYI).
Sirius wrote:Is there a boxed version for just CDs, or will I have to buy a DVD drive too?
It's CDs. But you can make backups on either CD or DVD with steam (for those of us who really hate shuffling around puny CDs).
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

is there multiplayer for this thing that is worth a darn or is this just a single player flagship game?
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Just installed it and made a steam account. They don't charge a fee do they? That will really tick me off. The key was really annoying and I hated the fact that you have to register on-line to even play single player. I didn't know until I pulled it out of the package. Almost threw it out the window. I had a friend who would buy it if you didn't have to register in order to play single player.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Unlocking Half Life 2's game cache files....

Just wondering this but why do you have to load PC games onto your hard drive as apposed to console games? I've always wondered this.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Great, now I have to wait 30 minutes for the thing to register.

K, I started installing at about 9-10ish it is now 2:30 A.M. This game is a pain in the azz to install. :( ++

I hope it's worth it.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

1) Multiplayer is CounterStrike, and nothing else.

2) Steam is free.
[DWL]Punk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [DWL]Punk »

Half-Life 2 is as moddable if not more then half life. download the SDK and see for yourself.

as for online play, it depends on what you buy. i got the silver package and i get counter-strike:Source,
DOD:Source, and the soon to be released HL2-DM.
you also get Half-Life:Source as a bonus

there are also TONS of mods already in development, a lot of wich make use of vehicals.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I thought source was just the source code so I just got hte regular version of it. :P

Also note that the silver package came with an XL T-Shirt :D That's for those of us who do nothing but play video games and eat potatoe chips. ;) I say this because I noticed it only comes in one size.

Regular comes with Counterstrike Source.

What's DOD Source?

I probalby should have picked up the whole package. Never played the first Half Life.
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

>> Just wondering this but why do you have to load PC games onto your hard drive as apposed to console games? I've always wondered this.

Because CD drives, as fast as they are, aren't fast enough to run games, and still do the real-time decompressing of content that the EXE invariably does while the game is running. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Xbox has a hard drive...plus console games have a lot less content than PC games (partially due to their fixed hardware that has limited ability), which routinely ship on more than 1 CD now...

DoD Source is the Source-engine port of Day of Defeat, which you can find more about at dayofdefeatmod.com. And you don't have to pay extra for it either, you can get it free right at that site. Not the Source-engine version of course though.

Counter-Strike is also free at counter-strike.net (again, not the Source version), along with a variety of other great mods, like Natural Selection, Firearms, Science & Industry, etc. Of course though, all these mods are for HL1, so if you don't have HL1, you won't be able to play them. You'd have to wait for HL2 mods. Hah! Ha hah! You've should've bought the first one! :P
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »