Da Riddicks Da shizt

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Da Riddicks Da shizt

Post by woodchip »

Finally got cronicles of Riddick. Must say I am impress with environment, costumes and most importantly special effects. Anyone notice the vapor like emissions from the craft flying thru the city when the necrodudes invaded? Good gritty atmosphere. Well popcorns done and back to the flick I go.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

Yea I did, looked like souls hovering about, kinda like when one got ripped out
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

yeah those special effects rival starwars imo. good flick too.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

I believe this film didn't get its due in theaters. It was an amazing sequel to pitch black. Sure its campy a bit, but so was Pitch Black. Its pure Riddick.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

i got the dvd. its rare for me to buy something when i have the option to obtain it for free. it has to be a good product. this one was beyond that. i loved it.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Unrated Directors Cut >^200 Theatrical Version.
Watched it three times so far. Good stuff. Beats the hell out of Star Wars...
Watched the dismally short "Dark Fury" piece that takes place immediately following Pitch Black. Wish it was longer...
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

I expected this movie to be a flop, but I went and saw it in the theaters, and it was awesome! I'm definitly planning on getting the DVD. Y'know what did this movie in? The trailers. The movie trailers did not market this movie as anything new, just your normal sci-fi flick. Looking back, it almost was, but there was something that made it different, and original. The trailer didn't show this, however.

Anybody that hasn't seen this movie yet... the trailers do NOT do it justice.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

the unrated directors cut is what i have, and i only have 1 gripe. where they added footage into the dvd that differed from the theatrical version, theres a bit of a disturbance in the picture. i wish they could have made it seemlessly. a small nitpick i guess.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Rented Pitch Black again then followed it with Chronicles, good 1-2 punch.

My roomate saw Pitch Black for the first time and had to leave before Chronicles was shown.

After watching Pitch Black he stated he just had to rent Chronicles next.
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Yeah! I watched it last night! OMG I want the sequal tomorrow.

Guys, I just have to say it: that necro guy with the crew cut is so freakin hot! Wow!

It's hard not give away spoilers, but bein an animal lover (mebbe that's why I like Vin!) I really thought Vin's pets were awesome. And whats with kissing the corpse telephones? LOL.
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

DarkFlameWolf wrote:I believe this film didn't get its due in theaters. It was an amazing sequel to pitch black. Sure its campy a bit, but so was Pitch Black. Its pure Riddick.
it debuted at the WRONG time. it did well for a pg-13 film but it was sandwiched by Shrek 2 and Harry Potter. Two G-rated movies = more butts in the seats.

anyway depending on the dvd sales will determine if they followup with the two sequels planned.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Margo, yeah the animal scene was cool. Maybe some time I tell you about me being in a corn crib with a full grown male african lion with all his teeth and claws.
Kinda similar to Riddick.
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

woodchip wrote:Margo, yeah the animal scene was cool. Maybe some time I tell you about me being in a corn crib with a full grown male african lion with all his teeth and claws.
Kinda similar to Riddick.

...the crowd chants, Tell it Now!Tell it Now!Tell it Now! :D
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

I loved Pitch Black. I felt a little let down by Chronicles of Riddick but the film was still enjoyable. The visuals really appealed to me. Costume design, set design, etc...

It's worth buying the DVD (to me) just to soak all that up again. There was a point in the beginning of the movie that was starting to bother my eyes because there was constant light flashing, like a strobe light. This was for an extended period of time, anyone else remember that?
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Hmmmm.... I don't remember that. Maybe it's just a flashback from that acid you did at Woodstock DT! :D*

*Really this reply is just an excuse to say, "YO, DT"! How are ya buddy?
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

yeah, in the scene where the Necromongers attack Helion Prime. That flashing was a bit extended, but oh well.