I wonder why Interplay hasn't released the mp3 versions of t

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

I wonder why Interplay hasn't released the mp3 versions of t

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hey everyone, recently Interplay released the D2 full soundtrack includeing all the cutscene music as mp3's on their website. I wonder why they haven't released the D1 music? I talked to the webmaster and it also appears that I have permission to use them in Descent 3 levels as long as I give credits to the original artists and I don't try to sell anything. Interesting.

http://www.interplay.com/interact/downl ... p?Dltype=1
Pink Panther
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pink Panther »

Is the PS1 Descent 1 soundtrack the same as the Macintosh D1 soundtrack?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Because the D1 music is mostly the same as the D2 music except some tracks are longer and more boring.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hmmmm.... someone hasn't really listened to the D1 PS 1 tracks very closely then because they are a lot different than the D2 tracks.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Some of em are taken from D2 redbook, but most of em are remixes of the D1 midis. Really good stuff if you like the D1 music.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

D1 music owns. Go to hell, spamcho Image
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Just rip them from the PSX disk like I did, and yes they are the MAC tracks! I think a total of three of the D1 mac/psx tracks are on the Vertigo D2 2ndCD the rest are not!

Sunch that's because you suck at D1/D2! Don't Dis' D1!
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by BUBBALOU:
<b> Just rip them from the PSX disk like I did, and yes they are the MAC tracks! I think a total of three of the D1 mac/psx tracks are on the Vertigo D2 2ndCD the rest are not!

Sunch that's because you suck at D1/D2! Don't Dis' D1!</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. I'm sorry. =)
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by BUBBALOU:
<b> Just rip them from the PSX disk like I did, and yes they are the MAC tracks! I think a total of three of the D1 mac/psx tracks are on the Vertigo D2 2ndCD the rest are not!

Sunch that's because you suck at D1/D2! Don't Dis' D1!</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are these widely available somewhere? Like say DirectConnect or BitTorrent...?

BTW, is there a place that has the correct names for the Descent 2 Vertigo tracks?
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

aggle aggle....nostalgia listening to those Descent 3 tracks... Image
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i have them rip hell i rip them my self

u have fast connection cause i can send them or if sme one offers a ftp i can up them to
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Warlock:
<b> i have them rip hell i rip them my self

u have fast connection cause i can send them or if sme one offers a ftp i can up them to</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IM me on AIM, TopherTheGreat2, we'll work something out and I can hopefully host them for a little while...
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

LOL, actually, there are a couple of websites where you can get them, but their not perfectly legal as I understand. What I'm hopeing for, is for Interplay to make an official release so that we could use them in some D3 levels. Image I would love to play D3 while listening to the PTMC theme music or some of the old D1 in-game music. For now it's D2 music though and thats at least a step up. Image
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Darkside Heartless »

Traditional sequels, better game, worse music Image
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Topher:
BTW, is there a place that has the correct names for the Descent 2 Vertigo tracks?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.descent2.com/goodies/music/d ... ml#vertigo
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by mob-messenger:
LOL, actually, there are a couple of websites where you can get them, but their not perfectly legal as I understand. What I'm hopeing for, is for Interplay to make an official release so that we could use them in some D3 levels. Image I would love to play D3 while listening to the PTMC theme music or some of the old D1 in-game music. For now it's D2 music though and thats at least a step up. Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you download and play "The Bearcaves" Image