pantera guitarist shot dead onstage

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

pantera guitarist shot dead onstage

Post by TheCops »

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

★■◆● !
why ?
i'd better hear an explanation of wtf his motive was.
Perediablo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Perediablo »

This is horrible!

I am not happy! :x :x :x
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

That's insane...
R e v
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by R e v »

That is extremely depressing. Dimebag was an amazing guitarist and defined his own path and style.

Sad that security allowed a weapon into the concert venue. Even worse, that they allowed the guy to easily march onto the stage.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Wonderful. :roll:
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Fait divers...
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

:cry:

This is absolutely awful. Dimebag was such a great guitarist. This is way before his time. I hope the jerk who did this gets the chair, or at least life without parole. Man, this is gonna be a bleak day. :x May Dimebag R.I.P.
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

Clay, a police officer shot the guy dead.

People are insane these days...
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

A friend was telling me that apparently Dimebag and Phil weren't on the greatest of terms. Phil has been posting shiat about Dimebag on websites and such for a while now since Pantera broke up.

Probably a disgruntled Pantera fan who blamed him for the breakup of the band. It's really a shame, Damageplan was just starting to take off. It's just unfortunate that he and others had to die before the shooter got his...

R.I.P Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

d'oh

:(
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Avder wrote:d'oh

:(
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Who was this? Only ever saw the name Pantera on shirts.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

I've been kept away from my news sources the last 24 hours because my cablemodem fried early last night, and I've been on vacation the last couple of days...

Anyways, I get up this morning and for the first time in about 3 years I grabbed my Pantera T-shirt and threw it on. (anyone that knows me can tell you I ALWAYS wear one of the 4 million Clutch t-shirts if given a chance)

Anyways, after a bunch of other ★■◆● happens to various family members and vehicles this morning (now trivial matters) my Internet connection is finally fixed. What's the first thing my wife pulls up... A murder in Ohio. :cry:

We've lost one of the greats. And I am very upset over it.

- :cry: -
Buef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Buef »

Tyranny wrote:A friend was telling me that apparently Dimebag and Phil weren't on the greatest of terms. Phil has been posting shiat about Dimebag on websites and such for a while now since Pantera broke up.

Probably a disgruntled Pantera fan who blamed him for the breakup of the band. It's really a shame, Damageplan was just starting to take off. It's just unfortunate that he and others had to die before the shooter got his...

R.I.P Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott.

PHILIP ANSELMO: 'DIMEBAG DARRELL Deserves To Be Beaten Severely' - Dec. 1, 2004

In a lengthy interview published in the "Xmas 2004" issue of Metal Hammer magazine, ex-PANTERA/curent SUPERJOINT RITUAL frontman Philip Anselmo spoke extensively about the breakup of his previous band and the status of all of his musical projects, among many other topics.

Your friend couldnt be more correct....RIP DD...
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Just takes some common sense. Meanwhile Ohio's finest are wandering around with their heads up their ass because they don't know what the motive was and aren't sure they'll ever know :roll:

Then for most of the day you have the national media doing their usual number on metal music when things of this nature happen. "Oh, it must be the music, the music is to blame". Like any song actually advocates going out and killing someone for real. Thats the whole point in making music or listening to it, to escape. It's the same thing with video games.

It was nice for a change that while one of the news networks interviewed Juliya Chernetsky, host of Uranium on FUSE, she pointed the finger back at the media and asked them to check themselves at the door. That they're just as guilty for airing negative and depressing things because people are supposedly more interested in such subjects and that music depicts real feelings and experiences, it doesn't promote for others to enact them out.