WU Trouble

This is the place for chat on DBB Distributed Computing projects... remember team #39070 for Stanfords Folding @ Home project.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

WU Trouble

Post by JohnnnY »

This one WU has been getting on my nerves lately, I believe its called p1412. After a while, if my cpu gets turned off the wrong way, the WU starts all over because my dumb parents are always shutting my computer off when its running. Is there a way to prevent the WU from resetting to 0? My cpu wasnt like this until recently.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Another way to fix that is to remove the human error :P
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

Teen slaps crap outa parents over Stanford research project. News at 11. :D
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

How exactly do they shut your computer off? Is it by pressing the power button? you ca ndisable that in the bios and in windows power options usually. If they use the start menu to shut it down, you can lock the computer when youre away from it so they cant access it.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Well, on the front, theres like a couple switches. One for the cpu, one for the monitor, one for the speakers, and one for all 3 called Master. What my parents do is, they flip off the Master switch, which turns off the cpu the wrong way, making me have to run for errors the next time I start it up because they're too dumb to click on Start-Shut Down. Hmm, how would I format my hard drive to NTFS? This crap happened again, this time my mouse froze and I couldnt shut the program.