Norton, Networking and D3Server

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

pipsqueak10
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Norton, Networking and D3Server

Post by pipsqueak10 »

I've been running a server on a network comp with no problems until recently. I can see the Server on all game trackers. When I try to join from another comp on the network through a game tracker, I get a No response from server error message. If I run D3 and join from the D3 multiplayer TCP, I can join no problem. I have a router with the proper ports forwarded. Norton's firewall is on but D3Server is an allowed program. Also when I disable Norton I still have the same problem. Any ideas?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I came across the same problem after a router firmware upgrade

use a static internal ip (at least the server)

Then on the server in the command line (or misc section)

-useport 2093
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Hey pips!

You allowed main.exe in the Norton-Firewall too? You allowed access to both? Hm you said that you even disabled it so it shouldn't be the problem.

As Bubba said: try to change ports, best would probably be: set servers to 2094-2099 and other clients to 2093 so if you use Vortex you won't have problems there too...

If you forward port 2092 to the SERVER, it may cause problems to to your client. Lemme guess: You can join other servers on the internet from the LAN one ONLY your own server is causing that "no response" error?