GXEdit patch

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Hammerhead
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

GXEdit patch

Post by Hammerhead »

I downloaded a patch called GXEdit about three years ago that allowed the user to adjust certain aspects of the game, such as ship speed, firing rate, gravity, etc. I've since lost both Descent 2 and GXEdit, and cannot find this program online now. Does anyone know where or if I can still get this patch? Playing descent 2 just isn't the same without it.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

so you hack?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Hammerhead
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Hammerhead »

Thank you. No, I don't hack. I work with cars, not computers.
Coolcat
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Coolcat »

stress, playing within the limits set by the developers sucks. :wink:

D3k Filez for Life.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

DXEdit doesn't work with multiplayer IIRC. Infact it has an anti-hack that turns a players shields down to 1 if they try to use it for multiplayer hacking.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Besides, who would bother to hack D2 now? Only about ten people would notice. :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Mr. Perfect wrote:DXEdit doesn't work with multiplayer IIRC. Infact it has an anti-hack that turns a players shields down to 1 if they try to use it for multiplayer hacking.
lol

I actually used GXedit just to see if it would actually work in multiplayer. I set my mass to some rediculously low figure just goofing off and forgot to set it back when I hopped on Kahn. Well, some newbie tagged me with a quick burst of gauss and my ship started bouncing all over Minerva. :D It was hilarious! The new dude was like "wth?!". If he said anything, I didn't notice because I was too busy laughing. :D
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

The Official GX-Edit Homepage wrote:GX-Edit modifies the Descent2.ham in such a way as to make cheating in Multiplayer mode unprofitable. If you use GX-Edit and then try to play in a Multiplayer game, your shields will be severely crippled. If you want to play a Multiplayer game after using GX-Edit previously, just select Restore HAM from the File menu and that will restore your Descent2.ham to it's original settings, shields and all.
All is safe in the barren world of D2 multiplayer. :P