Snow Sucks!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Snow Sucks!

Post by llClutchll »

So here I am getting ready for a LAN tomorrow... I'm running way behind because I was out of town most of this week, and here it hits me like an iceball - I don't have my plow truck anymore :(

Big deal you say... Well, parking was never a problem, but since we got dumped on the temperature has stayed well below freezing. That means that all of the friggin 2ft of snow from last week is still there sticking it's icy middle finger out at me.

After fighting with my neighbor's miniature snow blower, I managed to clear out about 6 cars worth of parking.

Right now, for the first time in years, I have to say...

SNOW SUCKS! :x
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Doesn't snow here. Yay4me :)
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

Chicago's horrible. It'll snow, and then it will stop. Then right when you think the snow is about to entirely melt, it snows again.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Tyranny wrote:Doesn't snow here. Yay4me :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Wimp, get a shovel, stop using the easy way out. :D
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Be glad it's only snow... down here in Kansaa, we almost never get snow without ice mixed in.

Snow with ice on top means you can't break your shovel through the danged stuff.

Ice with snow on top means you don't *WANT* to shovel, because the stuff underneath is slicker than the stuff on top.

Snow with ice in the middle then more snow isn't that bad, once you break through the usually thin ice layer you can shove the stuff off--but snowblowers are out, unless you get the industrial variant--which, around here, means having the city come and dump more salt on your driveway than there was snow in the first place, then scrape it into the grass beside the driveway with a snowplough, killing the grass and any green stuff within 2 feet of the driveway.

Ice with snow underneath on top of more ice is just nasty. Don't even make me go there.

Snow with ice with snow with ice... well, you get the picture.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah we get the picture all right, you are obsessed with snow and ice.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

pics clutch!!!!1one
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

im glad im in GA
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I'll bet Goob and I got most of you all beat :P Up until the rain we've had over the last few days its been getting passed the 70 degree mark :P
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Tyranny wrote:I'll bet Goob and I got most of you all beat :P Up until the rain we've had over the last few days its been getting passed the 70 degree mark :P
I hate you.

:)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tyranny wrote:I'll bet Goob and I got most of you all beat :P Up until the rain we've had over the last few days its been getting passed the 70 degree mark :P

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`�¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯........('(...´...´....¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.........._.�´
.............\..............(
..............\.............\.....
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

it was like that just a couple weeks ago here in GA. at least a week and half was 70+ everyday
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Awesome Woody! :)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

woodchip wrote:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`�¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯........('(...´...´....¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.........._.�´
.............\..............(
..............\.............\.....
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Meh, summer sucks! Obscene humidity, sunburn, cutting the damn lawn every week, hordes of annoying bugs...the only redeeming feature I ever saw in it was going to the beach and summer vacation. As for winter, now that's a blast. Snowball fights, snow forts, sledding, snow days, no bugs, no allergies, Christmas...bring on the snow! :D
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tyranny, you posting pics of your gay friends again?
:wink:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Top Gun wrote:Meh, summer sucks! Obscene humidity, sunburn, cutting the damn lawn every week, hordes of annoying bugs...the only redeeming feature I ever saw in it was going to the beach and summer vacation. As for winter, now that's a blast. Snowball fights, snow forts, sledding, snow days, no bugs, no allergies, Christmas...bring on the snow! :D

Yeah man. Summer is nice but winter rocks. I also love spring. the fresh smell of pooh and walking around in a sweater when it's just about 1-2c is awesome.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Yeah, we had an ice storm last night. There is at least 1/4 inch of ice covering everything. I am just waiting for the power to go out. Atlanta is nothing if not predictable during an ice storm.
Delkian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Delkian »

Snow doesn't suck.

As for parking space and other such stuff, that's why you don't tell everybody to use their own car but organise one car to be used for bringing everyone and their computers to you. Much less parking space needed.

If the guests live too far away for that... well it happens.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

woodchip wrote:Tyranny, you posting pics of your gay friends again?
Yeah woody, I'm sending him over to keep you company. We all know how you love da'clock :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Dedman wrote:Yeah, we had an ice storm last night. There is at least 1/4 inch of ice covering everything. I am just waiting for the power to go out. Atlanta is nothing if not predictable during an ice storm.
I heard about that. Sounds nasty. I might be up for a little bit of snow tomorrow, so here's hoping. :)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Dedman wrote:Yeah, we had an ice storm last night. There is at least 1/4 inch of ice covering everything. I am just waiting for the power to go out. Atlanta is nothing if not predictable during an ice storm.

guess i opened my mouth too soon ehh?

it was ugly in Riverdale, 1/2 inch of solid ice and very little snow
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Well, right now we're getting hit pretty hard with rain and hail. So much for nice weather. With all this moisture I'm predicting record highs during the summer time. Great....120+ degrees with humidity, this should be fun.

You ready for that Goob?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tyranny wrote:
woodchip wrote:Tyranny, you posting pics of your gay friends again?
Yeah woody, I'm sending him over to keep you company. We all know how you love da'clock :P
Sorry, I don't do sloppy seconds :wink:
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

This thread is gay.
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Delkian wrote:Snow doesn't suck.

As for parking space and other such stuff, that's why you don't tell everybody to use their own car but organise one car to be used for bringing everyone and their computers to you. Much less parking space needed.

If the guests live too far away for that... well it happens.

Your kidding, right? :roll: You realize that we are talking about Michigan here... not California.
Delkian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Delkian »

llClutchll wrote:Your kidding, right? :roll: You realize that we are talking about Michigan here... not California.
I'm not kidding. I don't know where you live, even less how far away your guests are coming from, and I have absolutely no idea what the difference between Michigan and California is in whatever sense you intend to say. That's why I included the second possibility (which is "well, it happens").

Wherever it is, if they aren't too far away, problem solved. If they are from too far away, okay, that is a problem, but there certainly are much greater ones than the dilemma of getting enough parking space for a LAN. Whine when you come across one of those. No offense.

I happen to like snow for a couple of reasons, even if it sometimes means work.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

:roll: Snow is fun and cool to look at when its 1-2 inches deep and melts later that day, it is not fun when it is 1-4 feet deep and you have to put up with it for 6-8 months.
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Delkian wrote:
llClutchll wrote:Your kidding, right? :roll: You realize that we are talking about Michigan here... not California.
I'm not kidding. I don't know where you live, even less how far away your guests are coming from, and I have absolutely no idea what the difference between Michigan and California is in whatever sense you intend to say. That's why I included the second possibility (which is "well, it happens").

Wherever it is, if they aren't too far away, problem solved. If they are from too far away, okay, that is a problem, but there certainly are much greater ones than the dilemma of getting enough parking space for a LAN. Whine when you come across one of those. No offense.

I happen to like snow for a couple of reasons, even if it sometimes means work.

Hippy :P
Delkian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Delkian »

~20-30 cm is quite optimal.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Everything has thawed out and life is returning to normal. If you call a high of 45F normal. My Southern California body is getting tired of this crap. I long for the days of nothing but 75F.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Dedman wrote:Everything has thawed out and life is returning to normal. If you call a high of 45F normal. My Southern California body is getting tired of this crap. I long for the days of nothing but 75F.
Wimp. :P As that one town in Minnesota says, "40 below keeps the riff-raff out."
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Clutch: Salt = your best friend. :)

Seriously, when my father was stationed up at what was then NAS Detroit, the very first winter we spent up there we got hit by a thundersnow...which turned into a blizzard that dropped two feet overnight. Dad had to open the garage door and dig a trench to the front door just so it would open. :P (We had a storm door, which opened OUT.) Funny thing is, I still had to go to school. :D (it was across the highway...dammit!)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I don't think Clutch likes salt too much; it means he has to keep his baby in the garage for the next few months. :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Top Gun wrote:I don't think Clutch likes salt too much; it means he has to keep his baby in the garage for the next few months. :P
Not if he washes it every now and then. ;)
llClutchll
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by llClutchll »

Topgun... Yeah, Salt sucks. The 68 is offsite in a nice climate controlled garage until I'm ready to pull the motor out next month, so it's safe from anything tracked in on the shoes.

As for washing the cars... Religiously once a week and after every major storm. If you don't, you might as well just park it at the friggin junk yard after a couple of years.

Salt is good for keeping the lawsuits down. You sprinkle it on the walks and driveway so the paperboy and the mail man don't slip and break their tailbone. As for snow removal, you might as well be throwing oatmeal at a foot and a half of snow for all the good it would do.

As for the snow.. I'm not so irritated with it now. It does a good job of covering up all the nasty grungy areas with a nice white coat. I just don't like pushing it around when I'm on a time crunch.

Now the thread can be about how much SALT SUCKS! :)

Only 2 months to go till I can cruise around in the GT! Just the thought gets the blood flowing :twisted: