Fix your damn avatars

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Lets just turn off the avatars and be done with it.

Seriously, this issue did not deserve a thread of its own.

The proper media for this was an email to those that have avatars that don't work, or don't fit the rules.

If it invovled a moderator, then either Xciter or Sickone should've have been brought in.

Moderator icons should have never have violated the rules concerning them in the first place.
BlackFalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BlackFalcon »

Oh GOD! It's the sig debocle all fscking over again. Shoot me now...

I say fsck you flip, and fsck the rest of you too. Bring back sigs, and I'm sure it won't kill the 56k'ers to wait 2 more seconds for a little 64x64 image to load next to someone's post. IS IT REALLY SO IMPORTANT THAT WE ALL HAVE TO BE A ★■◆● ABOUT IT!

Oh by the way, just in case anyone says, "You're right," - heh, like anyone would say that about ME - "they're not that important. So just turn them off!" like flip here did, then no, they're not that important. But some people like having them around.

If you're lacking a life to the point where you have to ★■◆● about how big the filesize of a avatar is, maybe you should better spend your time working up enough cash to upgrade to something better than 56k.

[/end fscking rant]

Jesus...

(Also, I appologize for the over-usage of crass language, but rediculous junk like this push my buttons)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

LOL. So 15924 Bytes is over-size? WTF? It's less than 5% over the limit "suggested" by the DBB.

Merlin: You dummy! Try getting an icon that isn't resized by the browser. It needs to be 64 x 64 pixels. Not 50 x 49 pixels. Call *that* fixed? Image

Beowulf: I squashed your avatar to less than 1KB in Photoshop. Maybe you should too. Image

It's a reasonably easy task to write some script which erases avatars larger than 15KB, and refuses to allow you to use one which is larger. Might add 0.001 seconds to the page serve times.

That's if you actually give a sh!t - which I don't. They're all cached for God's sake - so you only ever download 'em once.

Personally, I think the size is too small. 30KB would be an acceptable limit in 2004.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by MD-2389:
<b> Enough about the damn Janet Jackson boob debacle. It happened, theres nothing you can do about it so drop it. Now.</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah well, at least her's didn't drop. Image
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

let's review shall we?

users whine about something and ruin the party for everyone else.

Go babies.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Nexus_One:
I find it insulting that the "man" who is bitching about avatoars was HIMSELF considering putting a NAZI SYMBOL as his avatar just a few weeks ago. I say shove all the avatar bullsh!t up your azz.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, it was a joke. Unfortunately nobody took the bait.

Edit: you jew.
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Mobius:
LOL. So 15924 Bytes is over-size? WTF? It's less than 5% over the limit "suggested" by the DBB.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mobi... It was a joke. Image I like your icon, it's cute.

You guys shut up already, this is 3 pages too long, and I swear that if I have to I'll go take MD and his dogs down myself and make him close this topic. If tetrad had ever grown a brain, he might have had started this post with meaningful content and closed it to make it a no-discussion point that needed to be commincated.

All of you nay-sayers, This topic is really about two things:
1. People who have broken icons
2. People who have icons that are too large

People like Jbomb need to pipe down. Your hardly making a valid arguement... if you had any idea of what this rusty old BB can and cannot do, you could come to terms with how it just isn't a good idea to ask Topher to come up with a hack for BB for only 2 people who are violently out of bounds.

Stress and duper have brought about this discussion of icon size. This is not a hunt for people with 15.5KB, or 17KB icons... in reality it's about people with HUGE ICONS. And the only people who have changed them are the people who have been the folks with the 17KB icons and crap. This is a completly foolish waste of time. People like stress know the rules and doesn't follow them. He's done everything from posting pictures of crap in a toilet on every fourm in this damn BB to causing the last fight we had... and during that one we lost signautres. He does not respect this place or the people in it... if he was anyone else like AceCombat he still wouldn't be here, and any respectable Admin like the ones we Had before Jim or Kevin would have dealt with him accordingly, not give him moderator status. I mean, hello people? We ALL don't have siggys now because Stress abused them so much.

*bleh*
-Gavotte