Wesley Snipes at EA

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Wesley Snipes at EA

Post by BigSlideHimself »

My friend Jooce works at EA in Cali. A few days ago, he was in his office working on the next Medal of Honor game, when he turns around and sees Wesley Snipes standing in the hall wearing full African tribal getup. Apparantly Wesley Snipes was getting a tour of EA (for what reason I don't know) and Jooce says Snipes was very intense, like he wanted to kill someone. Jooce asked his boss (who was giving Blade the tour) what Snipes was like. His boss said that Snipes claimed he had never seen a videogame in his life. The boss said: "are you sure you've never seen a videogame?" to which Snipes said: "That is correct."
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

No way! :o
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

The guy spent all his time practicing his J00-J1t5u f00! ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

the dude IS a video game.. :P
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

Why would someone who's never seen a video game be touring EA? :o Maybe he's going to buy it....
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

He's gonna play an EA spouse.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

perhaps he's providing some service. voice acting, or motion capture.
Defender
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Defender »

Probably a Blade game.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

oh, THAT Wesley Snipes.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Never saw a video game... o_O?
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Couldn't remember which black actor he was. I never saw Blade, but I've seen the previews.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Who cares about Wesley Snipes, ask your friend about THE CURRENT Medal of Honor game. I spent $60 on the DVD edition of Pacific Assault. The first patch came, and fixed a couple issues. Then, they updated the demo version with a new map and bug fixes that were supposed to be in a second patch for the retail game. 2 months later, the freely available demo has all the bug fixes and even an extra map that ARE NOT AVAILABLE to people like me that actually paid for the game.

★■◆● EA. ★■◆● EA right up it's poop chute.
Samuel Dravis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Samuel Dravis »

Vander wrote:Who cares about Wesley Snipes, ask your friend about THE CURRENT Medal of Honor game. I spent $60 on the DVD edition of Pacific Assault. The first patch came, and fixed a couple issues. Then, they updated the demo version with a new map and bug fixes that were supposed to be in a second patch for the retail game. 2 months later, the freely available demo has all the bug fixes and even an extra map that ARE NOT AVAILABLE to people like me that actually paid for the game.

**** EA. **** EA right up it's poop chute.
Can't mod the map in?

And that's crazy. How could he never have seen a video game?!? Impossible.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Vander wrote:Who cares about Wesley Snipes, ask your friend about THE CURRENT Medal of Honor game. I spent $60 on the DVD edition of Pacific Assault. The first patch came, and fixed a couple issues. Then, they updated the demo version with a new map and bug fixes that were supposed to be in a second patch for the retail game. 2 months later, the freely available demo has all the bug fixes and even an extra map that ARE NOT AVAILABLE to people like me that actually paid for the game.

**** EA. **** EA right up it's poop chute.
I'll ask him and see what he says the EA consensus is.

Most EA employees are pretty jaded by the workload/hours, but he's pretty thrilled to be working on the game. I don't follow the medal of honor games, but I'll be playing the next one because he's putting some of my suggestions in. He was put in charge of giving the enemy character. Not AI really, but the little manneurisms of the nazis. He submitted these for approval:

-When a group of the enemy gets together they start singing their national tune in German. Think how great it'd be to lob a grenade into a room ful of singing germans.
-If you kill a nazi, his friends get pissed and come after you with reckless regard.
-A nazi will lean his gun against the wall and take a break. If he sees you he jumps up and fumbles for the gun.
-Gun jams. The nazi fires, gun jams, and they either: pull out a pistol, or throw their helmet at you and run the other way.
-When making a nazi surrender, he speaks broken english about American pop culture(think saving private ryan)
-Decoys: If you have a nazi pinned behind a wall, he'll put his helmet on his rifle and shake it around the corner.
-If you have a nazi pinned behind something, you'll see their arm holding out a mirror to see where you are.
-Drunk germans

Those are the only ones that made it into the game, though the list I submitted was much longer.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Sorry if my post was a little abrasive. I've been hooked on MOH for a couple years now. The new one was such a big let down. They basically released an unfinished, buggy game. I think even the version number of the retail game was .99. But what really pissed me off was when they fixed the demo version, but not the retail version. I mean wtf is that?

I just needed to vent.
aldel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by aldel »

Snipes was probably trying to be in character for some new movie he's in, and answering questions as his character would. He's known for being ultra-method and staying in character all the time; apparently it's really annoying to his costars.
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Vander, I dunno if this helps, but this is my AIM convo with the guy (names changed)

BigSlide(9:07:15 PM): he was saying that on teh last one, Pacific Rim? he said that he bought it for pC, adn that it had a bunch of bugs, and that there was a patch for the demo, taht gave the demo a map the full game didn't have, and fixed the bugs on teh demo, but the bugs were never fixed on the game
Friend (9:07:16 PM): nice
BigSlide (9:07:22 PM): what's your take on that?
Friend (9:07:35 PM): thats EA style
BigSlide (9:07:42 PM): really?
Friend (9:08:04 PM): if they break something...they just pay to fix it
BigSlide (9:08:04 PM): hwo does the patches? is there a specific guy that does patches, or is it jsut something you do when you have free time
Friend (9:08:06 PM): nothing more
Friend (9:08:13 PM): there is a whole team that does patches
BigSlide (9:09:18 PM): indeed indeed