Noah's ark found??

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Bet51987 wrote:
Xamindar wrote:Some day, thousands of years from now, people will refer to the stories of Hitler as "mythological in nature". :P
Assuming we haven't destroyed ourselves, the video archives
would still be around.

bee
Sadly bee, it's ALREADY happening. :roll:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Gun »

Xamindar wrote:Some day, thousands of years from now, people will refer to the stories of Hitler as "mythological in nature". :P
You kidding me? Call of Duty 4000: World War II Yet Again will be the best-selling title of the year. :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

"Noah's Ark found... again! - The Atheist Experience #655"

Noah's Ark found... again! - The Atheist Experience #655 youtube video wrote:And of course it's sources like Fox News and World Net Daily that are reporting on this, no legitimate news outlet is reporting on this.
Is your thread worth reading you guys? I have a feeling the 5 pages is pretty predictable.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by snoopy »

Spidey wrote:I’m sorry but, I am having trouble reconciling Fulfillment #7...If Jesus was on trial for claiming to be God, how could he have been innocent, if indeed he did claim to be God? (some believe he never did)

And he was on trial for “claiming” to be God, not for “being” God, which would make him innocent of lieing, but not the charges.

There is some skewed logic in there.
He was on trial for blasphemy; the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God. If you really are God, claiming to be so is simply the truth. If you aren't God, claiming to be so is blasphemy.
Herculosis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Herculosis »

Top Gun wrote: As far as this supposed direct genealogical lineage back to Adam goes, we know from genetic evidence (particularly mitochondrial DNA) that human beings didn't all descend from a single pair of forebears, a literal Adam and Eve; indeed, that sort of situation couldn't exist logistically.
Interesting that you should mention that. I can't remember any specifics, but I remember not too many years ago that genetic testing showed that all humans currently living on earth shared a marker from a single common female. The woman is referred to as "Primordial Eve".

Now, let's just assume for a moment that this is true that we all share a common ancestor. If your quote above is true, couldn't this be Mrs. Noah?
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Flatlander »

Herculosis wrote:
Top Gun wrote: As far as this supposed direct genealogical lineage back to Adam goes, we know from genetic evidence (particularly mitochondrial DNA) that human beings didn't all descend from a single pair of forebears, a literal Adam and Eve; indeed, that sort of situation couldn't exist logistically.
Interesting that you should mention that. I can't remember any specifics, but I remember not too many years ago that genetic testing showed that all humans currently living on earth shared a marker from a single common female. The woman is referred to as "Primordial Eve".

Now, let's just assume for a moment that this is true that we all share a common ancestor. If your quote above is true, couldn't this be Mrs. Noah?
Nope, and it's Mitochondrial Eve
si vis pacem, para bellum
Herculosis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Herculosis »

Ok, so I remembered the wrong word. GUILTY! My point was really to refute the notion that we didn't all come from the same human ancestor. Your link (thanks for that, btw) appears to support my recollection.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by flip »

Flatlander wrote:Just leave 'em in their warm fuzzy delusion, they ain't gonna wake up.
LOL :P
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Flatlander »

flip wrote:
Flatlander wrote:Just leave 'em in their warm fuzzy delusion, they ain't gonna wake up.
LOL :P
Thank you for having a sense of humor :)
si vis pacem, para bellum
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

It amazes me how many people buy/spin theories about something they themselves have read nothing about..... and that is the largest reason most christians dont agree.

The Ten commandments were spoken in front of EVERONE (around between 1 to 2 million people) before Moses was called up the mountain and they were written down by Gods own finger, MOSES NEVER WROTE THEM DOWN. After Moses broke the first set, he was told to carve out to more tablets like the set God made, bring them up the mountain, and God again wrote them out....

Ex 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

NO human was trusted with writing down Gods Law, God Himself did it both times.

As far as where this happened, Just like the Ark, the real Mt. Sini has been discovered!!!! (unless your catholic and still believe in that abortion located in the sinai peninsula because your bound by tradition instead of evidence)
Trusting in the Bible instead of Constitine's mom, people have found the real Mt. Sinai in Arabia, right were the Apostle Paul said it was.
http://www.bibleplus.org/discoveries/mtsinai.htm

Topgun, there is a part of the bible that were written by God with his voice booming the very fact that he did create the world in 7 literal days...(the forth commandment)

Either evolution is true,and God lied in front of millions of people, or he really did make our world as he said he did... there is unfortunatly NO middle ground.

if there is any question as to how accurate of a source Moses had for compiling Genisis, well, he was in God's presence for 40 days up on the mountain.... what do you think he was doing up there? and later....

Ex 33:9 And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses.

Ex 33:10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.

Ex 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

.... God met with Moses face to face, in front of the entire camp...and talked, what info do you think they could have possably been going over? Would God really let Moses compose the book of Genisis with the wrong info... while Moses was in his very presence? i dont happen to think so...

Moses was responsiable for putting the book of Job in the bible....Jewish tradition also puts moses as the author of the opening chapters, where the discussions take place between God and Satan in heaven... where would this info come from in the first place since it took place in heaven? I'd say someone heard it first hand from God himself....

And if all that isnt enough to consider, think on this...

By what power did Jesus perform miricles?

Lets look at just one of them, the healing of leprosy.. does anyone know what leprosy does? it kills your skin,muscle and bone and it rots away slowly till it kills you... you virtually look like the living dead...

My question is did Jesus evolve this skin, muscle and bone back into place over millions of years, or did He, using the same power that he used at creation, cause the missing flesh to instantly come into place....

you see, to throw out creation, you in the end, also throw out the very miricles Jesus peformed, and in the end salvation.... For a God who does not have the power to create, does not have the power to RECREATE.... The promise of God is that those who believe in Him, He will begin a work of santification(being Born again).
Sadly, most christains if they even believe Jesus when he said you have to be born again to see the kingdom of God, they dont have faith that God can do it because they have no faith in God's creative power...
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Thank you for having a sense of humor
Heh same to you my friend. I respect that alot. Never have figured out why people get bent out of shape when their disagreed with. I always say state your case and move on, some people will hear what you got to say and some won't. I'd rather talk about cars, guitars and video games than argue semantics when it starts getting hostile.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Either evolution is true,and God lied in front of millions of people, or he really did make our world as he said he did... there is unfortunatly NO middle ground.
Why is it that if evolution is true, that there still is a God? Evolution disproves religion. If God lied, then he's not really a God is he?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Teddy wrote:It amazes me how many people buy/spin theories about something they themselves have read nothing about..... and that is the largest reason most christians dont agree.

The Ten commandments were spoken in front of EVERONE (around between 1 to 2 million people) before Moses was called up the mountain and they were written down by Gods own finger, MOSES NEVER WROTE THEM DOWN. After Moses broke the first set, he was told to carve out to more tablets like the set God made, bring them up the mountain, and God again wrote them out....
well, condisending to others doesn't help reconcile disagreements.

And speaking of not reading scripture, you forgot the very end of Chapter 34.
Ex 34: 27-29 wrote: 27 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel."

28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water and he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain)...
It was the second set that Moses wrote, not the first. I thought I posted that.