Just got fired at bennigans.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Kiran »

[quote="Isaac"] They never fired me, i walked out after i was asked if i was cheating.[quote] Be a bit more specific when you title the subject of your thread:P
Also, it sounds like they were trying to be fair in their part. Someone accused you of cheating and they had to get to the bottom of it to find out if they were lying. One way they did it was to have you re-test to prove your honesty and the guy's dishonesty. Rather than to stand up and admit your actions, you choose to walk out? How is that supposed to help anything?
It's one thing when a kid decides he doesn't want to work at a restraunt because he was about to get caught doing something wrong, but it's another when someone close to their midtwenties' does the same way. This definitely does not look good in your work history.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Kiran wrote:This definitely does not look good in your work history.
His work history would show him abandoning a test. Had he admitted he was cheating, his work history would've shown him cheating on a test. Which would you prefer?
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Actually, I think that if he had admitted cheating, they might still give him a second chance by letting him take the test a few days later. Depends on how good of a job he did at the restraunt at the time. A bad decision can be overlooked by a good job done. And if they did give him a second chance and he passed the test, was acknolewdged (after a time working there) as one of the good workers, they would not add \"cheated on test\" to the work history. Just depends on the kind of people managing the place.
I'm saying this because of my experience when I worked as a supervisor at a local grocery store. I've seen some people do something like that happen a few times. It's because of their good/hard work for the business during their first couple weeks that the manager decides to give them a second chance.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Kiran wrote:Actually, I think that if he had admitted cheating, they might still give him a second chance by letting him take the test a few days later. Depends on how good of a job he did at the restraunt at the time. A bad decision can be overlooked by a good job done. And if they did give him a second chance and he passed the test, was acknolewdged (after a time working there) as one of the good workers, they would not add "cheated on test" to the work history. Just depends on the kind of people managing the place.
I'm saying this because of my experience when I worked as a supervisor at a local grocery store. I've seen some people do something like that happen a few times. It's because of their good/hard work for the business during their first couple weeks that the manager decides to give them a second chance.
Oh no the reason i cheated was that this test was it. I could either just give up, take the test and fail, or just try to cheat. If i were to do it agian, i would have just quit and moved on.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

:|
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

It sucks sometimes to pass up fun things to do the responsible thing (like studyin or whatever), but sometimes you just have to or it can bite you in the ass.

But hey, everybody makes mistakes. You made one; you learned from it. Best thing in my opinion is to just move on and try to avoid making a similar mistake in the future.