De-sensitized? :-(

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Bet, stay in your car. There have been known cases where women pull over to help on freeways out of town and get kidnapped.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Dad is correct

Post by Canuck »

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/200 ... 70862.html

These guys were going to jack his car and kill him.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hmm... seems that advice then is just as valid to Bett as to Bett's dad.
(assuming it's valid at all... i'm not exactly expecting to be attacked when i stop to help someone on the road - no matter how try the fear-monger media try)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Maybe some escaped convicts, or some factory defects taking Grand Theft Auto to the Nth degree... who knows but this happened in small Town Redneck Country on the #1 Highway... usually pretty safe as it is well traveled its the Trans-Canada Highway.

http://www.transcanadahighway.com/
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

I'd stop to help if I feel comfortable enough and can see that they needed some immediate life-or-death help, but other times I'll just call the AAA or the police dept and tell them about it. While it may go against my moral reasoning to not stop and help anyone that's stranded, I'm very aware that there are psychos out there. So in my case, the least I can do is to call for help if I feel it's the better option. Where I live isn't exactly one of the safest cities in the country.

Of course, if I have a guy with me, I'll stop anyway. There's power in having a guy with a woman. :P