Firefox 3!!!!!!!

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Got it to work, removed my profile to another directory then slowly moved back in my bookmarks (via Import function) and then my plugins and saved sessions. Been watching memory usage and virtual memory size and now its much more reasonable.

Still dont like how I have to go \"to the back\" to tweak a simple feature to only have one X to close a tab instead of having one on each tab. Thats what GUI configurations are for. :roll: The \"smart\" address bar is a bit annoying so I turned that off, might get a plugin that replicates 2.x behavior. But other than that its a sharp browser and hopefully it will stay that way.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

Top Wop wrote:Got it to work, removed my profile to another directory then slowly moved back in my bookmarks (via Import function) and then my plugins and saved sessions. Been watching memory usage and virtual memory size and now its much more reasonable.

Still dont like how I have to go "to the back" to tweak a simple feature to only have one X to close a tab instead of having one on each tab. Thats what GUI configurations are for. :roll: The "smart" address bar is a bit annoying so I turned that off, might get a plugin that replicates 2.x behavior. But other than that its a sharp browser and hopefully it will stay that way.
You need the Tab Mix Plus add-on.

As for making it behave like 2.0 ... there are add-ons and a couple themes that will have the desired effect. :) Assuming you don't discover down the road that the 3.0 version has some good ideas. :wink:
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

TechPro wrote:Assuming you don't discover down the road that the 3.0 version has some good ideas. :wink:
I could make do with less clutter and fluff, I dont need Firefox suggesting a million suggestions as im typing in a url for a completely new and unrelated website.

Edit: No need for extensions or themes, number one on this page is exactly what I was looking for. The other points may be useful for others as well.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by fliptw »

Top Wop wrote:
TechPro wrote:Assuming you don't discover down the road that the 3.0 version has some good ideas. :wink:
I could make do with less clutter and fluff, I dont need Firefox suggesting a million suggestions as im typing in a url for a completely new and unrelated website.

Edit: No need for extensions or themes, number one on this page is exactly what I was looking for. The other points may be useful for others as well.
those suggestions come straight from your browsing history, and it does learn to order them properly.