Your first gaming console you ever had

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

Octopus wrote:
Duper wrote:Apple IIe+; Amber monochrome screen.
Why does that count as a gaming console?
If all you have is games ... then it qualifies. Without more software (or doing basic programming), it wasn't good for much else.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

Like my blackberry.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Sedwick »

My mother didn't want me to have a video game system as a kid (and she was probably right for doing that, as I would have wanted to spend much time playing on it), but I vowed when I was 9 (in 1987) that I would get an Atari by the time I was 12. Then my friend got a NES and I stopped caring. I played all the consoles he got after that at his place from then on, but did get a first-gen Game Boy in the early '90s. After college I got the first-gen Game Boy Advance, which I modded with a backlight, and then a SNES off eBay when I got a craving for F-Zero. A neighbor/friend gave me his Atari 2600 setup when I was 28.
Foil wrote:
Sllik wrote:Commodore 64.
x2

[Edit: Mine came with 0 games, but had a programming guide, so any games I played on it had to be something I created myself. I credit that machine as the beginning of my career in programming.]
I can say the same thing for my Amstrad PC1512DD! Though, I could never create anything as sophisticated as the games that came with it.