being against Obama doesn't mean you're racist....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: being against Obama doesn't mean you're racist....

Post by roid »

Spidey wrote:The guy [roid] makes a remark about the ”3 brothers” Woody, CUDA and myself…saying and I quote “These are the kind of people the world can do without”
Reference required please.
If it's a quote, as you say, why isn't it comming up in google searches.
Could it be that you are... lying?
Spidey?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

roid wrote:Thunderbunny hates Muslims and keeps posting threads about it.
There are mulitple hateful Jesus freaks, i count Thorne and Aggressor Prime as recent \"woaaa\" examples.
Then you get the lesser Christians, Duper etc who can't really explain themselves too well but just make up vote numbers.
Spidey just came back - i think i was glad he left coz he was a cookie cutter redneck. It is interesting relearning who he is though.
Woodchip, Cuda, are basically just Spidey's brothers.

I'm mostly sick of talking to you people. i note you are all Americans. Well you are the type of Americans that the rest of the world is sick of hearing about. I certainly am sick of just seeing you around, and am sick of visiting this forum simply because people like you exist here. But hey - your type exists everywhere.
It is a pile of ugly american cliches, in human form.

I feel that in your presence, no new ideas can come forth, no progress can be made. You make this place boring and dull for people like me.
I talk to people to get new ideas, to learn things. I want to hear interesting things, from interesting people, who want what's best for the world and have good ideas on how to both impliment it and live their lives well. Then i want ideas to develop, mature, strategies to be worked out. But in your presence i find myself getting more and more misanthropic - i have less hope for the human race, and want to meet less people because i run the risk of meeting idiots like you. I want to have a filter - so that people like you are filtered out of my life, and i never ever have to see another person like you people ever again.
I'm tired. i think i'll goto bed.

I like the way this thread is going
Yea, it was a paraphrase from memory…sue me. But the meaning is spot on.

Well the DBB now has a “filter” I suggest you use it.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

thanks for the reference.
after a skim through that thread from 4 years ago - i stand by my actual original statements and still regard them as technically accurate and thus unworthy of retracting. Abiet after 4 years... i now probably have a differing level of passion/apathy about the subject.
roid, 4 years ago wrote:...I'm tired. i think i'll goto bed.
And i've probably had quite some sleep since then ;)
That "tired" thing i recognise as a "woa post" disclaimer at the end of that post. As Neo can attest ... i can get rather frank and hurtful when i'm tired. And that's what that post was, honest, personal even, there was a fair bit of raison d'être in there. It was pure honesty, i wasn't trying to be hurtful, but it tends to be a sideeffect.
To be honest i knew the post was going to be fine, because articulated (poorly or not) hatred against non-christians, muslims, progressives, etcetcetcetc had been for standard mode of operation on the forum for a while. So call it an experimental post, in seeing what it was like with the weapons spun around.

i don't hate you man, honestly your posts aren't distressing enough to me to warrant putting you on a block list. I'm not sure if i want you to feel slighted by that or what, it's just the honest truth.
I think i was kindof panicing back then, because your announced reason for returning was something along the lines of leftist-mods leaving, so it was safe for you to come back, or something. To my mind - those words were a sort of outside confirmation, a reality check, of my feelings about the direction the forum was taking. It was like... an autumn leaf falling on one's face, suddenly jarring one outof a delusion that it's still spring.
So... suddenly cognizant of the whole picture - i decided to spell it out what was going on in the forum, the horrible picture.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Few Things…

1. I NEVER said anything about “leftist mods” in that context.
2. I didn’t ask or expect you to retract what you said.
3. The only reason I posted this quote was…you called me a liar.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

oh, i was holding you to academic standards (mis-quotes are very serious business).
By those standards i guess i was expecting a retraction&post-edit. I don't see how it changes anything about you being a liar, coz your faux-quote didn't stop being a thing that happened or anything. I guess you're pleading ignorance of proper honest quoting guidelines? ok.

I guess the whole exercise is just you trying to ★■◆● on my name, and ending up shitting on yourself, as usual.
[youtube]TKTIfXTd32M[/youtube]
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lol, Roid comes back to immediately pickup ★■◆●-slinging from 4 years ago. I love da intanet :)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yeah it's freakin weird. Outof the blue i come back to a forum, to find this bull★■◆● about me on the front page of E&C.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Roid, you can make an issue of accuracy of quotes, that's fine; Spidey already admitted it was a paraphrase. But take some responsibility for the content.

P.S. If you guys are going to continue the pissing match over drudged-up old material, do it via PM, rather than mucking up threads.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

if you wanna move all posts referencing me into another thread, that's fine.
Start at this post http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?p=297203#p297203

Foil wrote:take some responsibility for the content.
roid wrote:i stand by my actual original statements and still regard them as technically accurate and thus unworthy of retracting.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Both of you have made your points. Take it to PM, if you have to continue.