All I can say is...WTF?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: All I can say is...WTF?

Post by sigma »

Naturally, this tales of local Aboriginal people. There's nothing there except toadstools. And you have nothing to do there. Or with the Caterpiller or without Caterpiller.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I think the sooner we turn Russia into glass the better (hows your funny bone Sigma?)
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:I think the sooner we turn Russia into glass the better (hows your funny bone Sigma?)
Another Aryan Napoleon of the Livonian Order. Come on, try :)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick, just for information. There's a whole statistics about the missing in the taiga tourist groups and exploration expeditions. Until now, no one can explain why in the taiga well equipped and provided with a group of researchers and tourists die in a completely inexplicable reasons, or start killing each other, or are still alive, but they go crazy.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Links?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

One of the most famous stories Гибель тургруппы Дятлова Although such cases much more. Official press diligently trying to hide it, but everyone knows about it. If you are interested in this issue, you can find information about mysterious anomalous zones of Siberia.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

don't turn the place to glass, Woody....you will hurt the trout population, who clearly have as much functional grey matter as the human populace to the West......
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I do not understand why Woody asked me to give him a link to the topic that interests him, and when he got it, he did not leave any comment. It makes me think deeply, I will provide links to Woody the next time or not.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

perhaps because, like me, he cannot translate the article. You seem unable to link to international journalism or even Russian sources with translation capability. This link was to a Russian version of Wiki, so very non-credible, in that any dolt can edit the 'truth'.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:perhaps because, like me, he cannot translate the article. You seem unable to link to international journalism or even Russian sources with translation capability. This link was to a Russian version of Wiki, so very non-credible, in that any dolt can edit the 'truth'.
Listen, zombies .Firstly, I have already said that in the English Wikipedia is often incomplete and facts are available with a strong emphasis propaganda. Second, Wikipedia left of the page there is a hyperlink to this material in other languages. Third, sometimes I give you links to Russian-language resources for you to have the opportunity to gain first-hand.
Fifth, dude, open your eyes, all that is written in the English language in the press, it is not necessarily true.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

sigma wrote:I do not understand why Woody asked me to give him a link to the topic that interests him, and when he got it, he did not leave any comment. It makes me think deeply, I will provide links to Woody the next time or not.
Sorry sigma, but like slick said I couldn't read it it so couldn't comment.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

speaking of WTF, why on earth, Woodchip, do you have a sig quote celebrating a war atrocity that should have been prosecuted in an international tribunal?
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:
sigma wrote:I do not understand why Woody asked me to give him a link to the topic that interests him, and when he got it, he did not leave any comment. It makes me think deeply, I will provide links to Woody the next time or not.
Sorry sigma, but like slick said I couldn't read it it so couldn't comment.
Excuse my emotions, woodchip, but I did not give you links to the Bikya language? In my opinion, it's no problem to translate the text from Russian into English, if you are interested to get information in the original.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:speaking of WTF, why on earth, Woodchip, do you have a sig quote celebrating a war atrocity that should have been prosecuted in an international tribunal?
Since when is peeing on a corpse a war atrocity? At least the marine wished him well.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:speaking of WTF, why on earth, Woodchip, do you have a sig quote celebrating a war atrocity that should have been prosecuted in an international tribunal?
Since when is peeing on a corpse a war atrocity?
it is a war crime, and the person doing it should be incarcerated. Period. Has been for a couple of centuries(desecration of corpses).
At least the marine wished him well.
both of you lack souls, human dignity and any sense of honor. I'm disgusted by you, and the Marine, who I pay to serve our nation with honor. Frankly, he should have been shot in the field. That is what would have been done by any general in WWI, WWII or later.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote: That is what would have been done by any general in WWI, WWII or later.
your lack of Knowledge of history not withstanding
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

you have any contrary evidence regarding US military conduct, and international Laws of War?

such conduct is SUBHUMAN, and if any American supports such conduct, they are a disgrace to our nation. Sort of hard to maintain
moral high ground in the face of that sort of thing, Abu Gharib, Guantanamo, etc. If the war on terror is supposed to end with the triumph
of 'civilized' ideas of human conduct, pissing on the deceased, in THEIR HOME COUNTRY is beyond reprehensible. It is stupid, thoughtless
and counterproductive. Would you not agree, CUDA?

as I said, the soldier should have been shot on the spot.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

slick,
Do you have any evidence of US soldiers being shot in the field for desecrating the corpses of dead enemy soldiers since WWI? You certainly implied it has happened...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Perhaps before rushing to judgement, slick and sigma should try signing up and trying out close combat before being harshly critical:

"The sergeant said that on the day the urination video was shot, the platoon had seen heavy action and had 11 confirmed kills, including the three Taliban men whose bodies were shown in the recording. Deptola said another sergeant in the platoon had been killed earlier that day by an IED, and the Marines believed the heavily armed Taliban fighters they killed could have been responsible for it."

To say the marine should of been "shot on the spot" shows a singular lack of compassion for what our troops go thru. Luckily 'ole slickster is not in charge of the UCMJ:

"A Marine who pleaded guilty to urinating on the corpse of a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan will likely be demoted one rank under a plea agreement."

"Other Marines involved have received lesser sentences. Staff Sgt. Joseph W. Chamblin pleaded guilty to similar charges last month. Under a deal reached before his court-martial, he lost $500 in pay and was reduced in rank to sergeant. Three other Marines were given administrative punishments for their roles"

So once again it appears slick does not know what he talks about and his emotional angst clouds his judgement. As for me, I can understand perfectly why they did it.

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Slick.
there is Photo record of American soldiers with severed heads of Japanese soldiers mounted on their tanks During WW2. that's just ONE example. there is a reason why they say "War is hell"

again you speak with a total lack of Historical knowledge on this subject.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In my opinion, it's time to clarify. Who attacked whom? Taliban on the Americans or the Americans attacked the Taliban?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:Slick.
there is Photo record of American soldiers with severed heads of Japanese soldiers mounted on their tanks During WW2. that's just ONE example. there is a reason why they say "War is hell"

that is pretty ghastly, but not at the level of Woody's hero. I reiterate my question to you, CUDA. Is such behavior right, especially in the context
of a war for hearts and minds? Was torturing people right? I feel the perpetrators there ought to be up on International Charges, too, for the sake of clarity. Why? One look no further than the words of Dick Cheney: 'I'd do it again...." And so will the next person until the torturers face justice.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Were those piss victims in uniform?

Were they official combatants of a nation we are officially at war with?

★■◆● those terrorists, they can get some respect when they deserve some, and if so many people over here would stop saying things like…

It’s really America’s fault, and the litany of other things…maybe people wouldn’t feel compelled to take the more extreme positions.

I see remarks like that as “in you face” due to the many comments people have to endure in support of these animals.

I don’t want to speak for Woody, but that’s how I feel personally.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Were those piss victims in uniform?
why should that matter, in a moral sense?
we haven't been at war with a nation for a while.

you know, another thought that came to me while catching up on my DescentBB reading after the Christmas celebrations was this:
it seems that some on the right just LOVE to characterize Occupy Wall Street as some sort of liberal mob, destructive and dangerous.
Some of you here dispelled the political conformity of some of those rallies and actions. Philly's crowd was, for the record, largely 'liberal'
leaning, and an interesting mix of young and older Americans. However, the notion always grates me when I see some nitwit suggest
that 'liberal' activities and groups are somehow more dangerous or destructive. I propose to any who think so, the following test:
1. Travel to Lower Manhatten, NYC
2. Go to the Wall Street financial district, look around, note what was damaged, destroyed by OWS over a 4 week span two years
or less ago. Try to remember how many people died from that liberal mob action.
3. Take a stroll a few short blocks down to where the WTC towers used to stand. Now, reflect on the distruction, damage and death
wrought by 4 Conservatives with a gameplan to impose upon others their idea of rightness. Make no mistake, Atta and Company were pure Conservatives,convinced that mankind was largely evil and thus to be treated ruthlessly.

then, please cool it with the OWS silliness. Thanks.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:Slick.

that is pretty ghastly, but not at the level of Woody's hero.

Slick you are so morally bankrupt it is sickening. Cutting heads off is OK but you'd shoot someone for peeing on a corpse. How about cutting ears off dead VC? Plenty of that went on during the Vietnam war. No one got in a tizzy over it either. No one got shot either. Lt Cally murdered 109 civilians and no one shot him either. You slick, OTOH, would be judge jury and executioner. I wonder if the vets at Fisher House would even accept your money if they knew your real sentiments. The only real ghastly act here is your thought process.
callmeslick wrote:I reiterate my question to you, CUDA. Is such behavior right, especially in the context
of a war for hearts and minds?

Let me help you out here slick, the war for the hearts and minds is a fable. Nothing is won when fighting someone like the VC or the Taliban. The VC won in the end and the Taliban will also.

Was torturing people right? [/quote]
callmeslick wrote:Why are you bringing up torture? You think the corpses felt the hot pee on them?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
Spidey wrote:Were those piss victims in uniform?
why should that matter, in a moral sense?
we haven't been at war with a nation for a while.

you know, another thought that came to me while catching up on my DescentBB reading after the Christmas celebrations was this:
it seems that some on the right just LOVE to characterize Occupy Wall Street as some sort of liberal mob, destructive and dangerous.
Some of you here dispelled the political conformity of some of those rallies and actions. Philly's crowd was, for the record, largely 'liberal'
leaning, and an interesting mix of young and older Americans. However, the notion always grates me when I see some nitwit suggest
that 'liberal' activities and groups are somehow more dangerous or destructive. I propose to any who think so, the following test:
1. Travel to Lower Manhatten, NYC
2. Go to the Wall Street financial district, look around, note what was damaged, destroyed by OWS over a 4 week span two years
or less ago. Try to remember how many people died from that liberal mob action.
3. Take a stroll a few short blocks down to where the WTC towers used to stand. Now, reflect on the distruction, damage and death
wrought by 4 Conservatives with a gameplan to impose upon others their idea of rightness. Make no mistake, Atta and Company were pure Conservatives,convinced that mankind was largely evil and thus to be treated ruthlessly.

then, please cool it with the OWS silliness. Thanks.
You obviously totally missed Spidey's point.