Shreck vs Breck

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

All I can say is "Nice try John".
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Cheney won that debate easy.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I think anyone who watched it intently would tend to give it to Chaney. But anyone who just had it on would definitely go for Edwards. Chaney has a very dull voice and unless you have wetdreams about him like the above do, he is rather hard to pay attention to: he just isnâ??t anywhere near as entertaining as Edwards when he speaks.

Too bad Chaney can't debate for Bush, then the presidential debate may be close :(
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

It seems to me that this debate was the President vs. the Vice Presidential Candidate.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Edwards was way out of his league.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Cheney, who I still maintain is the poster child for the "rich white guy" stereotype, probably outdid Edwards in this one. It was, overall, a rather dull debate though. Not necessarily because of Cheney, whose sneaky jabs always reward the cautious listener, but because both men echoed the exact same things.

Cheney: "I think Bush is just great and Kerry is a waffler."

Edwards: "Kerry and I have a plan."

I swear, if I hear any of the big four proclaim that "we have a plan," I'm going to scream.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Just from reading this I got the sensation that it was pretty biased towards the right..

does anyone have a transcript?
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Those are pretty biased answers I would think Ferno. I watched two minutes of it, boring as hell. Same as everything before. On a side note, I love this picture. Tell me what you think about it. (It has nothing to do with the debate from last night)

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

Cheney won, but Edwards held his own pretty well.

It's obvious though that Cheney is the bossman of this administration. He is a brilliant man.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Ferno wrote:Just from reading this I got the sensation that it was pretty biased towards the right..

does anyone have a transcript?
Not at all, the moderator was excellent. She put it to both of them equally.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Zuruck wrote:Tell me what you think about it. (It has nothing to do with the debate from last night)

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm
I think it means nothing. We were friendly and supportive of Hitler right up until we went to war and destroyed him!

Do you think we shouldn't have fought Hitler? Because that is the logic behind those that pose the analogy that you just repeated.
The nature of the business of international politics is beyond the grasp of the average voter... in the instance you bring up democrat politicians depend on that ignorance to stir up votes.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

all i said was i love the picture, not that i think anything about it or i'm anti war...you're quick to jump to conclusions will...
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

I think the logic is that at least part of the hatred towards America is the due to the fact that we so obviously and ruthlessly pursue our interests around the globe, befriending anyone who will help us along the way. We don't do foreign policy based on morality, rather, we seek opportunity. The entire world is more aware of our hypocricy than the American public is.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Zuruck wrote:all i said was i love the picture, not that i think anything about it or i'm anti war...you're quick to jump to conclusions will...
Oh, my bad, I thought you wanted a comment on the implications of the photo.

So, what do I think of the photo...
It's a terrible shot, poor lighting, slightly out of focus, poor composition...partially cropped subject on right side....horizon not square to subjects...

Is that *really* what you wanted Zuruck? :roll:
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

yeah, it's not really a professionally taken photo is it...