Disgusting...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

You don't have to worry about me, betty. You barely register on my \"radar\". I rarely see you in games I join, and when I do you usually come in, die 4 times and leave.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

WarAdvocat wrote:you usually come in, die 4 times and leave.
Ah, Bettina is obviously a much better player than I am. I come in, die 28 times, take a deep breath and realize, my word, we've already been playing for 5 whole minutes! How time does fly!
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

You play, Kilarin?

Never seen you :)
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

You've probably seen me, My ship was spinning and smoke was coming out of it, so you couldn't see the name label. :)
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

If i remember correctly she only has a problem with f-word AUDIO taunts and that ONLY because her dad could hear it from the other room, which is one reason i would slow down on the use of them in the case someone ELSE had a problem with them.

Since then i have turned them off because i cant always pay attention to the game if someone's taunt is so amazingly loud that i cannot hear if he is around the corner.

Bottom line.. Bett: Just try to be more reasonable about peoples usage of terms when they are typing, and if they do not respect you're wishes concerning taunts that just means THEY are either inconsiderate *******s or they are just immature either way.. be the bigger person.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Iceman wrote:I am not one to normally use profanity but it it removes the gnat ... so be it.
I don't have a problem with chasing someone off if they're harassing you or causing problems like Bettina seems to have been in the first game... but from the way Bettina describes it, you kept looking for "the gnat" even after you'd chased her off from that game and she stopped saying anything.

If you want to chase her away from you when she's being annoying, or ban her from your servers, go for it. But harassing her and chasing her away from other people's servers when she's *not* being annoying? That's childish.
Bettina wrote:couple that with the grudge I still hold that the community got split up
The community has *always* been split up. This is just the latest episode, and the one with the most memorable drama. There's no reason to hold a grudge -- the new board didn't cause the split, it was a result of a split that's been here for a long time.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Just to clarify, he didn't chase me off of that game in question. I remained, but kept quiet after I was told to do so. My original comment in that game was something like \"support Koolbears dbb.net\". He was offended and I said I was sorry, that he was right, and stopped. It was the games that followed that he showed me what a good christian he is.

I just want to keep the story truthful.

Bettina
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Bet51987 wrote:I don't see vanilla and chocolate because I know why the other was formed.
Why do you think the other was formed?
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Yeah, I wonder if someone told the subwaydancerite juvenile something I wasn't let in on?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

WarAdvocat wrote:Yeah, I wonder if someone told the subwaydancerite juvenile something I wasn't let in on?
Your attitude isn't helping, Chris. I just wanted to know why she thought people formed DBB.com.

Obviously, you know the real reason and so do I. I'm not trying to sarcastically imply that she knows more than we do. I just want to get her take on the events.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

WarAdvocat wrote:I wonder if someone told the subwaydancerite juvenile something I wasn't let in on?
Why DO we tend to get upset about people liking different levels? It's not like they are forcing you to play them?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

Kilarin wrote:
WarAdvocat wrote:I wonder if someone told the subwaydancerite juvenile something I wasn't let in on?
Why DO we tend to get upset about people liking different levels? It's not like they are forcing you to play them?
Actually, they are. It's a complicated social structure that I've explained in the past. But it's also their choice to play the bad levels. They don't deserve to be persecuted for it.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

A. The good players usually stick to levels that force you to bring out skills that make descent what it is, (Because descent 3 is as far from a REAL descent bad enough already)

B. Other players stick to ONE level and when the majority plays that level it discourages the A players from playing because no one makes them use the skills they have to make descent fun.

C. If the good players leave then the game eventually dies out and its no fun.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

That's a little simplified, but basically yeah. =)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by WarAdvocat »

Suncho wrote:I just wanted to know why she thought people formed DBB.com.
Me too!

I thought maybe she had some kind of theory about the evil moderator on the grassy knoll firing a magic DBB.COM bullet, myself.

Sorry for not helping. :)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Suncho wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:I don't see vanilla and chocolate because I know why the other was formed.
Why do you think the other was formed?
Suncho, I don't want to create another post about my interpretation of why the other dbb was created.
The person who started it all posted his reasons here...

viewtopic.php?t=9185

And I posted my interpretations here... in several places.

viewtopic.php?t=9267

And... How come you don't play. I enjoyed playing with you.

On the subject of games. I don't just play Subway Dancer. Everytime I logon to http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3 , there are only 4 or 5 levels being played at the most on any given night. The ones I see are VV, subway, stadium, skybox, halcyon, abend2, and Waltzing Matilda. The latter which I played last nite with Cope, Bunhemoth, and a few others who all owned me. I play all the games. Also, Its ok that people call me a subwaydancerite juvenile. I don't mind at all. I just don't like fwords fired at me because they know I'm 17.

I will play any civilized person....anytime..... even if I get beat up bad.

Bettina
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

Bet51987 wrote:Suncho, I don't want to create another post about my interpretation of why the other dbb was created.

viewtopic.php?t=9185
Bill aka STRESSTEST was not the person who started it all. He provides the hosting for DBB.com. Those may be his reasons for agreeing to host the forums, but they aren't the reasons the forums were created nor do they reflect the rules by which the forums are run.
Bet51987 wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=9267
Wow. I think you have the wrong idea. Without flaming DBB.net, I think these are the main reasons why folks decided to create DBB.com:

1. There was a perception that replying to posts on the main page of a sparse forum should be considered necroposting.
2. There was a perception that silly threads with pointless posts such as "post #100 9 more to go" were running rampant.
3. There was a perception that the people who still play Descent weren't in charge of running the board, so they decided to go back to the roots and create a fresh DBB for actual Descent players.

I think both you and Pally got the wrong idea. It's not about "no censorship." It's about moderating intelligently and supporting the community of people who play Descent.
Bet51987 wrote: And... How come you don't play. I enjoyed playing with you.
I've been busy. =/
Bet51987 wrote:On the subject of games. I don't just play Subway Dancer.
Don't worry about it. I'm not blaming you. I'm not blaming anyone. It's just the way the game is and the way things change. It's great that you're having fun in other levels. Do what you enjoy. =)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Suncho wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:Suncho, I don't want to create another post about my interpretation of why the other dbb was created.

viewtopic.php?t=9185
Bill aka STRESSTEST was not the person who started it all. He provides the hosting for DBB.com. Those may be his reasons for agreeing to host the forums, but they aren't the reasons the forums were created nor do they reflect the rules by which the forums are run.
Bet51987 wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=9267
Wow. I think you have the wrong idea. Without flaming DBB.net, I think these are the main reasons why folks decided to create DBB.com:

1. There was a perception that replying to posts on the main page of a sparse forum should be considered necroposting.
2. There was a perception that silly threads with pointless posts such as "post #100 9 more to go" were running rampant.
3. There was a perception that the people who still play Descent weren't in charge of running the board, so they decided to go back to the roots and create a fresh DBB for actual Descent players.

I think both you and Pally got the wrong idea. It's not about "no censorship." It's about moderating intelligently and supporting the community of people who play Descent.
Bet51987 wrote: And... How come you don't play. I enjoyed playing with you.
I've been busy. =/
Bet51987 wrote:On the subject of games. I don't just play Subway Dancer.
Don't worry about it. I'm not blaming you. I'm not blaming anyone. It's just the way the game is and the way things change. It's great that you're having fun in other levels. Do what you enjoy. =)
I don't know what to tell you. You asked me a question and I answered it. Stresstest made it perfectly clear in his post and no matter how I look at it, it still comes up the same. Anyway, the main point I was making was getting rid of a certain player.

Your ok with me as you have always been. :) I just wish more good people like you would come and play.

Bettina
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

Bet51987 wrote:
I don't know what to tell you. You asked me a question and I answered it. Stresstest made it perfectly clear in his post and no matter how I look at it, it still comes up the same. Anyway, the main point I was making was getting rid of a certain player.

Your ok with me as you have always been. :) I just wish more good people like you would come and play.

Bettina
Thanks for answering my question. The reason I asked it was so I could help clarify the situation for you. =)

Also, I was wrong about something before. Stresstest doesn't actually host the site. He's been kind enough to provide us the domain name. He's a good guy. He just has some strong opinions about some certain things... as do you... and as do I.
Redbone
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Bet and the Game

Post by Redbone »

Bettina I watched this discussion and here's my take,the \"other\"DBB\" was formed because of KoolBears filtering of subject matter. I have known him online a long time. I personally have some things I don't care about with him but I'm sure he has the same amount with me.I have some offensive Taunts I've used since this game started.I do try not to use them when you or anyone I know is a kid in a game,BUT it is a hard habit to break hitting taunt buttons.My suggestion would be to turn off taunts unless its a \"nice\" game you see going. :Þ
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Bet and the Game

Post by Bet51987 »

Redbone wrote:Bettina I watched this discussion and here's my take,the "other"DBB" was formed because of KoolBears filtering of subject matter. I have known him online a long time. I personally have some things I don't care about with him but I'm sure he has the same amount with me.I have some offensive Taunts I've used since this game started.I do try not to use them when you or anyone I know is a kid in a game,BUT it is a hard habit to break hitting taunt buttons.My suggestion would be to turn off taunts unless its a "nice" game you see going. :Þ
I don't have a problem with you. Accidently pushing the wrong taunt button is one thing. Lowlifes that keep doing it to me on purpose is something entirely different.

If you text messaged me that you were going to use them in a game, I would respect it and leave for another. Thats called courtesy.

I hope you come and play. We need players. :)

Bettina
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I don't think that it is fair to assume that a level is bad just because it doesn't require as much skill as another.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Jeff250 wrote:I don't think that it is fair to assume that a level is bad just because it doesn't require as much skill as another.
I would go further than that and say some levels require a DIFFERENT skill.

Me, I have fun in Subway Dancer occasionally. But the primary kill mode is, obviously, secondaries. POWERFUL secondaries. Which means you have to play an entirely different way. I actually PREFER levels that require more dogfights. I think they require a subtler kind of skill. But Subway Dancer demonstrably requires skill since it is obviously a skill I haven't mastered. :D

Of course, I haven't mastered any OTHER style of D3 MP play yet either, so perhaps my opinion here is not very valid. :)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

E&C is not the place to discuss Descent levels and skills. I will, however, say this: If you think it takes skill to get kills in Subway Dancer, you've got a long way to go :)
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

WarAdvocat wrote:E&C is not the place to discuss Descent levels and skills. ... you've got a long way to go
Both points conceded. :)
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Behemoth »

WarAdvocat wrote:E&C is not the place to discuss Descent levels and skills. I will, however, say this: If you think it takes skill to get kills in Subway Dancer, you've got a long way to go :)
word
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

I think the Cope and I used to get ★■◆● for playing horde in Brain Salad...but it was some of the funnest descent I ever played. Who cares where/how/what you play...enjoyment is enjoyment yes?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Zuruck wrote:I think the Cope and I used to get ***** for playing horde in Brain Salad...but it was some of the funnest descent I ever played. Who cares where/how/what you play...enjoyment is enjoyment yes?
Yes. :) :)

There are levels that I consider a lot of fun but not skill learning. I just like to have fun and I could care less about skill, although I admire those who have it. Cope may have got me big last time, :( but all I need is one good shot to make me feel good. :)

Bettina
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

That's right, this IS a game if you are not enjoying it then why even play? :)
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Bettina pardon me but you seem to be a little hot under the collar lately. Everything ok?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Iceman, any thoughts on responding to my last post to you?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Iceman wrote:Bettina pardon me but you seem to be a little hot under the collar lately. Everything ok?
I'm fine, why don't you be nice and just play.

Bettina
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Uhh... Bettina, in the Bedlam server, I('ve) played against someone who is impersonating you.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Re:

Post by Iceman »

Lothar wrote:Iceman, any thoughts on responding to my last post to you?
With all due respect to you Lothar, I have no plans to participate in the discussion further.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re: Bet and the Game

Post by KoolBear »

Redbone wrote:Bettina I watched this discussion and here's my take,the "other"DBB" was formed because of KoolBears filtering of subject matter.
LOFL, I edited on friggin post, one friggin post, blame me if you will but you are wrong, dead wrong. While I might have provided the catalsyt I was in no way filter anything.

And tell me, since you got me going, what have I actually changed since I've been here in how things were run or moderated?

I've asked Ferno and MD to tone it down. But what has actually changed? Man I love it when people have thier facts stright!

Call a GX a GL but don't pass bad stories about someone if you are clueless.

[/rant]

KB
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

It wasn't Koolbear, guys. It was just a coincidence that the thing with Adam happened at the same time that they were getting ready to launch DBB.com. =)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

This whole thing is crap.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by WarAdvocat »

Ferno wrote:This whole thing is crap.
/me points and laughs
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

believe what you want.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Sapphire Wolf wrote:Uhh... Bettina, in the Bedlam server, I('ve) played against someone who is impersonating you.
Thats ok DF :) If he swears or gets a really high score, people will know its not me. :wink:

Bettina