....A Well-Regulated Militia.....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: ....A Well-Regulated Militia.....

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:Consumption taxes are about as popular here in Oregon as an ingrown toenail. Right now, our esteemed Democratic legislature in Oregon is floating the sales tax idea............again. Most people asked about it on the streets said "No way in hell" if it was just another added tax. HOWEVER, most said that they would go for it IF the property tax was eliminated. I'd even buy that.
The FairTax can't be put into law unless the IRS, and thus the income tax, is abolished. It is written in the Bill so unlike the example you cite, it wouldn't be 'another' tax.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: ....A Well-Regulated Militia.....

Post by Tunnelcat »

No, I'm talking about our esteemed Democratic Legislature ADDING this tax ON TOP of all our other taxes, including our income tax. Typical. Most Oregonians are steadfastly against this, even me, because they know it's an added money grab. Now if they eliminated the property tax, and then brought in a sales tax, most Oregonians would approve, even though it's regressive. Me, since my property taxes are high, I would see a large reduction in my taxes with a switch to a sales tax. Huzzah!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.