Interplay Is ALIVE!!! (Descent 4 is coming...)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yup. but there should be a Linux version. By that time, Linux will be a bit more prominent. At least I'm hoping.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Eh, we'll see. There are a few Linux users on these boards as it stands, but there is precious little chance of it actually becoming a standard at this rate.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

You're right Kyouryuu, MMOs are a crowded marketplace, but to the best of my knowledge I can't think of any MMO Fallout clones. There's plenty of Fantasy-themed MMOs out there, so many of them may fail because of a lack of clear differentiation. Fallout shouldn't have that problem.

I imagine that MMOs aren't under the same pressure to sell as high a number of games in order to break even too, as the residual income stream and longer play time overall would give you longer to recoup your investment funds.

In addition, if there's one thing that investors love it's sequels - for their proven demand and established IP. Unless Fallout 3 totally bombs, I really can't see Interplay *not* getting some development funding for a Fallout MMO.

One man's opinion mind... :wink: