I'm grounded from D3 for awhile

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

{OSS}Paedric wrote:It has served it's purpose and run it's course. Anything else would be flogging a dead horse.

EXACTLY!! Thank you Paedric
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Consider yourself fortunate that your father cares enough about you to be sure that you don't place yourself in harms way. Many kids don't have that luxury. In the D3 setting you really don't have much to worry about, but he doesn't know that.

B-
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

wow

Post by Jadewolf »

jeeze bet...
well whats best for you is best for you.
i live in maine and thats all my parents let me say on the inter net but i read in the state news paper once that about almost a year ago a similar case happened where two people were chatting and they were getting whooped by a girl they didnt belive them so they said to go take a photo of them with something recent...
the person that told the girl to do this was actually in that exact same area.
the man found her house and raped her
phlegm
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Bettiina's suspension

Post by phlegm »

OK, I know betty is back and thankfully so, great player. I have read all the posts and most of you are right, Bettys pops is justified in his concern, wether you think the punishment fit or not, there are lots of mean and nasty people out here and right next door for that matter. As the father of 2 young children knowing it is going to get nothing but worse scares the piss out of me.

On to the guy who started all this. He is in real life my brother. He watches my 3 year old daughter and 4 month old son while my wife and I go out. He felt terrible about this and meant no real harm. He has not replied to this post, simply because he does feel that bad and wanted to let it die, now that it has been going for a month with no end in site I want to set things straight.

He and I joke regularly (or did) about you all, we used to have simlar banther with someone you remember as POH, I for one am still pretty sure that POH was not the 23 yr old girl she made herself out to be but a 43 yr old sweatty bald guy. at any rate one day talking about the fight the night before this kidding started up about B and I said "well you know she/he will never put another pic up, because he/she cant find the same girl to take the pic of... ha ha". So in reality I planted the seed, he just did what my older brother has always done and took it a step futher then it needed to go. The intent was to get laughed at or told to shut up, nothing more in this case, I swear (for what its worth).

Also worth mentioning, BEFORE any of this happened he was and is the only server that i know of to make it a point to keep the brash language to a dull roar so that players like B that are offended have somewhere to play.

So please, just know he is a dumbass in this case, but all around a great man and father of 2. Also if possible lock this post down so my brother can quit having folks think ill of him.
{OSS}Paedric
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by {OSS}Paedric »

I personally never believed that Road Kill ment any harm for what it's worth, but in today's climate one can't be too careful where one's children are concerned.

And yes, it's time to lock this thread.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

{OSS}Paedric wrote:And yes, it's time to lock this thread.
Or just let it die, like most of us where doing.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

This topic is ancient
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Dark Falcon wrote:This topic is ancient
...Thanks Captain Obvious. ;P
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Please, Please, Please, do not reply to this post anymore....I want to say something about Roadkill.

Roadkill and I have played before. He was just fooling around with the "boy/girl/bald guy" thing, and I took it serious. I was dumb, and my Dad used that as another tool to teach me a lesson about who to trust. (which to him is nobody)
It's not easy being me cause every time some girl gets abducted, I get a big lecture, more code words, etc, but I know why he does it. He's taught me what to do.

I know Roadkill is a good guy and I like him and his "Fword" free server. I showed my Dad the latest posts here and though he didn't comment, he was interested enough to read them with me. So, after about a week, I would like this whole thread deleted please.
Roadkill...your a good person if your reading this.
Bettina :wink:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Paedric... I get to make that call. not you.

clear?
Phantasmagirl
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Phantasmagirl »

I was once in a similar situation as yourself, being a young girl on the internet that was filled with millions of guys just waiting to stalk and abduct me (at least that's how my parents perceived it). Most people are not like that of course, but it just takes one persistent one looking for someone vulnerable and naive enough to give out information that ruins it for everyone. Just be smart and limit what you tell people. I can say now that your dad probably did the right thing, but I know at the time when my parents had similar talks with me, it did nothing but piss me off. It also made me more careful about what info I told/gave people too.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Woa sup Trin.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

heh @ people crawling out of the woodwork. :D

[edit] Wait a second, I seem to recall a story someone posted here about a female friend, a Quake LAN party, and sedatives... *shudder* That wasn't your friend, was it? The dark side of the Internet... [/edit]
ArcherOmega
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: I'm grounded from D3 for awhile

Post by ArcherOmega »

bet51987 wrote:Cuties, I'm in big trouble. I was in Roadkills Subway, and he didn't believe I was a girl because I was winning. He wanted a picture of me holding the latest copy of USA Today to prove it. I told him I would do it.
Bettina
Why ANYONE would want a picture of you to â??proveâ?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Read the rest of the thread. The issue has already been resolved.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

DCrazy wrote:heh @ people crawling out of the woodwork. :D

[edit] Wait a second, I seem to recall a story someone posted here about a female friend, a Quake LAN party, and sedatives... *shudder* That wasn't your friend, was it? The dark side of the Internet... [/edit]
That was DarkWolf's friend and it's why she won't go to any LANs.
ArcherOmega
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ArcherOmega »

Oops! Sorry - I responded to the opening msg w/o reading the rest of the threads. Didn't know "no more replies" 'till after it posted. :)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Thx sunch.
{OSS}Paedric
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by {OSS}Paedric »

Now will you lock it Ferno? Betty has already publicly requested that everyone please stop posting to this thread. She has even requested that it be deleted after a week. Well, it's been 7 days since her last post. Lock it or delete it, your call Mr. Moderator Man.

EDIT: Okay, it hasn't been quite 7 days but it's off topic and the original poster has kindly requested we stop posting here. The only way this bunch will do that is a lock.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

{OSS}Paedric wrote:Now will you lock it Ferno? Betty has already publicly requested that everyone please stop posting to this thread. She has even requested that it be deleted after a week. Well, it's been 7 days since her last post. Lock it or delete it, your call Mr. Moderator Man.
lol
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

What's this? A girl in descent I didn't know about? [spoiler]I'm just kidding! I have no interest[/spoiler] :P
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

she's kinda cute...how old?
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I dunno

I kinda like her

Does she have any interests of me? I mean I do.. I..er...urgh *runs off*
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

she send a pic? and if so, can you forward it to me. thanks
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

ya, but what if she looks good in photos and has chronic halitosis and scabs?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Can someone lock this thread ? It's been beaten to death serveral times now..
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

ROFL- why is this thread still alive?
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Paedric... I get to make that call. not you.

clear?
<3
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I usually let these kind of threads die on their own.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

those are flavor enhancers cops. It's like a caramel nestle crunch. Cruncy on the outside and gooey on the inside...just how I like them.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

hey what ever flips your pancakes... you'll be rockin' that trailer park in no time.
:P