hayeena vs ___?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

What would win? A ______ vs a Hyena.

lion
26%
wolf
4%
pitbull
39%
bear
30%

Total votes: 23
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

hayeena vs ___?

Post by Isaac »

Vote first
before finding out if you were wrong!

[------------------]

Wolf vs hyena info
Wolf vs pitbull vs hayea forum
Lion vs hyena video1 (tail in the face lol).video2
Black bear vs hyena video
[spoiler]
The hyena is a great fighter, but i don't think one could kill a bear. The vdieo dosn't show much, but it dosn't look like the hyena is winning. A bear isnt a fat dog or a big mouse. :p
The lion... maybe.. a male lion pwnd that hyena in the video.
The poll is just to see how most people go. but i'll believe that the spotted hyena is the most deadly of dogs.[/spoiler]
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I'd have though that a female lion would have been pissed off enough protecting her cubs to win, but i went for the bear. Bears are cool.

I reckon Woody's racoons would have beat the ★■◆● out of anything, pity they're not in the poll.

edit: LOL sh1t is a naughty word again?

edit2: Woops wrong forum!!! LOL
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

i think the bear might have been a dumb thing to add... a bear could kill most things that walk on land.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Couldn't kill me if i had a big friggin' gun....
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Pits have been tested at over 2000psi, and have been on springboards for 3 hour intervals. My pits have rubber tires on a rope, and they've hung from there for 3 hours easy. That wolf/pit/hyena forum is missing quite a few facts.

Pits can't kill a lion or a bear by themselves. Bears..maybe, with a lot of luck. Lions are just too fast, and too big. Pits are quick, but not that quick. Lions have those nice 3\" claws too.

The hyena and wolf are way in the back. They're pack hunters only, and don't have the wieght to power ratio for much else.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Lions r cool
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Isaac wrote:i think the bear might have been a dumb thing to add... a bear could kill most things that walk on land.
Speaking of Bears. :P
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Palzon »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:
Isaac wrote:i think the bear might have been a dumb thing to add... a bear could kill most things that walk on land.
Speaking of Bears. :P
Krom will be by shortly to tell you he's already seen your submission a long time ago :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Palzon wrote:Krom will be by shortly to tell you he's already seen your submission a long time ago :P
Yeah. a million times per second since it was put on the net. :P
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Given that bears are the largest predators on the planet, it's not even a question. A Polar Bear would take out a Hyena with a single bite. An angry Grizzly might take 2 bites to finish it off.

The question isn't really reflective of much though - because in a bad ol' fight, body mass, jaw size and claw size is going to tip the scales.

Hyenas are known for their powerful bite, and IIRC they can exert more lbs/sq.ft than any other animal. So if the Pitbull and the Hyena became locked in a \"I'll let go when you let go\" kinda thing, then things might be interesting - or boring, depending on how you look at it!
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by TigerRaptor »

A bear would most likley dominate over any predator. Even a Tiger.
Aus-RED-5 wrote:Bears
Hey look! Its KB vs MD :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Any predator? No. An alligator should be able to kill a bear. When they get a peice of you, they spin. A killer whale pwns anything in the water. They eat great white sharks.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Alligator will have the advantage in water no doubt. On dry land that is a different story and its death roll won't be so effective.
Jagori
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Jagori »

Isaac wrote:Any predator? No. An alligator should be able to kill a bear. When they get a peice of you, they spin. A killer whale pwns anything in the water. They eat great white sharks.
Well yeah, a water predator will have a huge advantage in water against a land animal. You could also say that a bear could beat a killer whale on land.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Alligator will have the advantage in water no doubt. On dry land that is a different story and its death roll won't be so effective.
Nope. They are fast very fast and strong on land. Try reading about them.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Win what? A fight? A race? A barking contest?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I know how quick and powerful they are. But so is the Bear. So explain to me how an Alligator could kill a Bear on dry land. Advantage to disadvantage.

--------------
And just for fun while on the subject of peditors. Guys might want to check this out.

fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

gators can be very fast in spurts on land. However, a bear would be something large enough for them to steer clear of, and a bear would just stroll past a gator lying still.

the gator would have to get a drop on the bear, and the best for that to happen is when the bear is near the water looking for fish.

the entire point of the gator/croc's jaw is to break spines fast, and those jaws have to be able to get around either body or neck in order for that to happen and your typical bear is just too large for that to happen on land.

Its like saying a croc can take out a blue whale.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Re:

Post by Genghis »

Isaac wrote:
TigerRaptorFX wrote:Alligator will have the advantage in water no doubt. On dry land that is a different story and its death roll won't be so effective.
Nope. They are fast very fast and strong on land. Try reading about them.
Fast and strong is irrelevant if their kill maneuver (drowning) is inoperable. On land an alligator/croc is uesless, unless he can drag his victim into the water. However, a gator/croc wouldn't be able to drag a full grown bear into the water. And to prove it, refer to the second to last line on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Face-Off

Oh, and as far as max bite force, I saw a Discovery channel show that measured a bunch and determined either snapping turtle or gator/croc had the strongest bite (losers: great whites, lions, hyenas, dogs).

OK, now I'm arguing on the Internet about the winners of inprobably animal encounters. I really have to get out of the house more often.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Good facts but you have to take into consideration that they kill bulls in Africa in seconds.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

Against my better judgement:

Bulls? You mean those carnivorous beasts with deadly claws and jaws? Are they killed out of eyeshot of water bodies?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

HaSAAAAAAAAAAAAHNNN CHOP!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

If there were only giant gators and bears in mexico we would know for sure... :cry: