Level # 11 - How do we restart it?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

descent
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Level # 11 - How do we restart it?

Post by descent »

ok maybe GB Bot is not working properly.. I'am activating generators and seeing them being activated but the idiotic gb bot is just displaying an instruction to 'Go to the Primary Forcefield' ... now how do i locate the damn generator. . this seems like an illogical error , so how can i restart this level? ( my last saved before the one at this level is FAR FAR away , so how do i restart?? ) ( i remember picking up the hub key from no where )

how will i somehow finish up this level??
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

What version of Descent? this soundslike D2, but please; more detail. :)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Duper: it can't be Descent 2, GB goals were not programmable. They were find blue/yellow/red key, find reactor, find exit, and others like Find Powerup, Energy center, etc.

Is that the CED Expediator ship? There's a bug with the Guidebot on that level that was never fixed.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

no.. it's the one where the pilot's supposed to be trapped. It's on titan.
That level is kinda mesesd up as far as objectives go. Hit Shift-Tab for your objective list.
descent
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by descent »

i've checked out the walkthroughs at gamespot and avault but even at the detailed walkthrough of gamespot, at most of the places they have asked to use the GB Bot for path finding so i have no other way besides to restart the damn thing and try to use the GB Bot in a proper manner to take me to all the objectives bcoz rite now that idiot just takes me to a stupid primary forcefield with everything already done there! .. take me to the freakin generators!!

how do i restart the level??
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Descent 3 should let you pick the level when you start a new game in the Retribution mission. You'll be starting with no weapons, though.

That's unless you kept an earlier saved game.
descent
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by descent »

1)i disable secondary forcefield and secondary forcefield one and only generator gets activated
2)i blow it out
3)i go for the primary forcefield and my bot takes me to the three switches and i shoot all three.
4)3 primary shields generators gets activated and my gb bot takes me there
5)i destroy all of them
6)now the only instruction remaining is again 'Go to primary force field' and it takes me back to the three buttons..
7)i keep moving in that pathway and i encounter 2 more individual buttons.. ( my gb bot never points them out ) and when i shoot them the generator behind the forcefield gets activated same goes for the other one
8)what should i do now

ok now Add image to post link is not working for me so here goes a link:
http://bond.sitesled.com/badquality.jpg
(behind is one of the buttons i'am talking about)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

those are hidden rooms, see the camera behind and just above you? fly infront of it and activate the turrets inside that room. then keep shooting lasers or flares at that forcefield so that it doesnt bounce back and hit you and they will keep shooting untill they destroy the generator from inside. this takes a few minutes of shooting or flaring so be paitent.

if you use a cheat code to get all the weapons, use a mega and fire it directly at the center of that generator. be warned, if you have any score, it will be reset to 0 permanently
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

If I remember, the switches are further into the level and you need to double back.

But yeah, the mega's are the quickest work around.
descent
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by descent »

ok .. all this for a secret area .. what should i do now? forget about all those individual switches!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

no real secret. Just a bunch of powerups you loose in the next level. :P
descent
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by descent »

but how will i cross this level?? my GB Bot stinks