Music Video

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Music Video

Post by Blackhole »

Many of you disliked the Tips and Tricks video. I admit, it was retarded, so here is a Music Video that i made a while ago. I hope you find it to be of better quality than the tips video.

Varicose Viens Music Video

If you like it, i'll upload the other 2 videos.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Should really be in the PTMC Gallery, IMO. Anyway, I wouldn't call it a music video so much as a video of D3 with Linkin Park blaring in the background. It's not bad, and I didn't mind the stuttering of the video in sync with the music all that much, though I imagine it would turn some people off.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

After seeing this video, I'll have to side with DC on this one. It's borderline but it edges towards Gallery.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

downlaoding it!! I'll see it when i get home!
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

That was sick! Great work.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was good i liked it.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Isaac wrote:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was good i liked it.
Did you really need to do that?

Side scrolling bites! :x

Vid was ok. ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

That video demonstrates the very reason I quit playing viens. An over use of the Mass driver. It I want to play rail gun tag, I'll play quake. ;)

I didn't really like it. It's not horrible, it just dind't do anything for me. Just the same, thanks for posting it.

oh, yea.. if you do that again Issac, I'll hunt you down and beat you with a dead hampster.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Duper wrote:That video demonstrates the very reason I quit playing viens. An over use of the Mass driver.
I love Veins, but I definitely hate MD. A low-ammo mod would be perfect -- make people have to work for their MD shots.

Downloading the video now.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Isaac wrote:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

It was good i liked it.

Yeah. why did i do that?

no wait it's art!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Lothar wrote:I love Veins, but I definitely hate MD. A low-ammo mod would be perfect -- make people have to work for their MD shots.
Agreed. I liked it better when there was no extra ammo. It balanced out the weapon better. I understand that some folks enojy this kind of play, but it took the fun out of the game for me.

sry.. I didn't mean to dredge up an old topic. The vid just struck a nerve. ;)
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

...you do know that wasn't the POINT of the vid...

I just recorded a random VV session. The only reason i use the MD a lot is because everyone else does. When i go into a VV game i expect it to be full of MD, i never had a problem with it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Blackhole wrote:...you do know that wasn't the POINT of the vid...
Obviously.

If you read through my posts, I stated that it mearly stuck a nerve.

I used to really enjoy this game until levels like this version fo viens killed it for me. Kinda like when all that anyone played in D2 was minerva.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

I always wondered why ppl don't use more interesting (visually & gameplay wise) levels to take vids in. BTC, Damage, Vamped, Taurus to name a few. Heck, even Hally looks better..

Nice work tho ! :)
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Anotherbox! That would be a great field for videos. Especially running my audio/graphics set.

Wish I had the editing skills. I can whip up some great footage, but I can't piece it together for beans afterwards.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Testiculese! I love to edit video. Send something my way and i'll have fun with it.
Blackhole
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blackhole »

I just do my vids in the levels i play the most. I play VV and abend 2 a lot, so, uh, thats where teh vids went.

I'm a tad busy composing music for Descent IV: Project Pavilion right now so i won't be making movies for a little while, maybe in a week or so.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

a week is fast here. as slow as PTMC Gallery moves this thread might still be on top by the time you're done.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Music Video

Post by Canuck »

Blackhole wrote:Many of you disliked the Tips and Tricks video. I admit, it was retarded, so here is a Music Video that i made a while ago. I hope you find it to be of better quality than the tips video.

If you like it, I'll upload the other 2 videos.
How about a bunch of pilots get together and make a "tips video" showing new pilots tips and tricks
:)_~

Like constantly camping in the same spot in Abend, whining about type killing and spawnkilling, holding down the AB key until your afterburner is depleted, sitting still while firing, or bumping your teammates for spew while ignoring a dropped enemy flag right in front of them in CTF, ploughing your team members into nape, camping on the flag so that your runner can't score, sitting in VV's weps room and hogging all the weapons, mothing the flag carrier so that they get nailed, gads this could be really funny yet informative :P

I'll volunteer a ship once you get some more time.
I'm sure some other pilots might want to help out as well.
This allows us to practice and make some demos so that we can come up with a decent story board.]

Descent Lives!

Von Canuck out,
AKA Von Cancuck :wink:
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Gawd Isaac now I know why the Mods are cussing you...
I'll edit the text later to be readable I have a service call...

Grrr.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Testiculese wrote:Anotherbox! That would be a great field for videos. Especially running my audio/graphics set.

Wish I had the editing skills. I can whip up some great footage, but I can't piece it together for beans afterwards.
I'll join you in that level, leave the Blackshark in please. Keep in mind I play at 60 hz so if you try and view my demos on a 1000 + FPS beast it'll be way too crazy fast. Also for editing and film purposes I say we should play locked at 60 HZ for optimum viewing quality. The movie and film industry did not spend untold thousands of man-hours and tons of money on developing this standard for nothing.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

i used to record to vhs as a second monitor. But i never could get the vhs copy to be crystal clear...
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Go figure.. >.>
You could probably get it to come out right with a DVD recorder...if you have one that is...
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

you mean a second computer to caputre the video... then later record it to dvd? Or a dvd recorder that captures it live.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Going straight to a DVD recorder would work better than VHS.
There also should be a way or an app. to capture the video out on a Dual Head video card, or you could feed the output to a TV input card whether on another system or a PCI card... the vids would be very high quality and really smooth.

Nuck out
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

i do have a pinical capture card (the 90$ one) and it gives me video that's ok but it has horizontal lines that look kinda cheap.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Sweet video!!!