Human camera

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Human camera

Post by VonVulcan »

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

what da hell?!

3 days of constant drawing and he can do this from a 45 minute flight in a helo!

its those damn aliens again!! :lol:
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I remember seeing this guy on TV; years ago, when he was a kid. The question i ask meself is..is his kind of autism an affliction that enhances a particular talent, or does it unlock a door to powers that we all possess? I'd love to think it's the latter.

Whatever it is he's pretty amazing.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

^^^

Ditto. That was wild. He might be good with algrithms.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I couldn't have drawn that well even if I had a picture in front of me! Amazing guy.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Flabby Chick wrote:The question i ask meself is..is his kind of autism an affliction that enhances a particular talent, or does it unlock a door to powers that we all possess?
I believe that autistics have these powers precisely because they do not possess the normal powers we have. It's a zero-sum game: you can have good powers of social interaction, or you can be a savant, but not both.

True, there is that weird ginger in Britain who can explain what he does, but he is still very much a person who can not tolerate much of teh normal world.

I do not believe it is possible to "unlock" these so called powers in a normal person. Sure, there are training courses which can give you an astounding memory, let you read at 2500 words a minute, and calculate crazy-a55 numbers lightning fast - but they are just modern technology-based training which allows you to do more with what you already have, rather than giving you something new.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Mobius wrote:I do not believe it is possible to "unlock" these so called powers in a normal person
In general, this seems to be a very good theory. BUT, there are exceptions. Not all Savants are Autistic Savants. Look at Mozart, or Henri Poincaré. I think the theory that Autistic Savants have certain skills atrophied while others are emphasised is reasonable, but it can't account for all cases.
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

That guy is more then talented.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Sir Sam II wrote:That guy is more then talented.
So were Mozart and Poincaré.
At 14, Mozart listened to Miserere ONCE in the Sistine Chapel. He then went home and transcribed it accurately, note for note. That is a feat that is quite beyond comprehension.

Poincare could tell you the page and line of any item in a book or paper he had read.

BOTH of these people qualified as savants, but were multi-talented and far from autistic.

Like I said, I don't think one theory can't account for all cases of photographic memory.