Things Ford won't be remembered for...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Things Ford won't be remembered for...

Post by Isaac »

info found in \"Facts And Fun About The Presidents.\" by George Sullivan

Very random facts:
Gerald Ford is 12th tallest president, standing about 6 feet tall. He is one of the seven presidents who was able to receive the pay raise of 390,000 (trav+exp incl). His nickname was Mr. Nice Guy. One of the 5 presidents that are left handed. One of the twenty six presidents who were originally lawyers. For breakfast he normally ate a grapefruit, English muffin, with tea.

He once was locked out of the white house at 3am, after letting his dog out. The door he exited had locked behind him. He started trying other doors but they were all locked too. Tired of waiting he stared pounding hard on a door. Suddenly lights all around him flew on and the Whitehouse \"became alive\" with armed guards.

Betty Ford rated higher in popularity than her husband. Campaign stickers read “Vote for betty’s husband”
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

These days being a president that isn't very memorable is a good thing!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Awww i wasn't saying that!
Chaos Death Saurer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Chaos Death Saurer »

*Agrees with Will*
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Isaac wrote:Awww i wasn't saying that!
I wasn't trying to imply you were. Your post just made me realize how presidential legacies can be pretty bad as of late.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Will Robinson wrote:These days being a president that isn't very memorable is a good thing!
An American president, you mean. I'll be damned if Bertie Aherne isn't going to be remembered as a very great leader.

Ok, so he's not actually a president. But being a taoiseach is pretty much the same thing.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TIGERassault wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:These days being a president that isn't very memorable is a good thing!
An American president, you mean. I'll be damned if Bertie Aherne isn't going to be remembered as a very great leader.

Ok, so he's not actually a president. But being a taoiseach is pretty much the same thing.

And i'll be surprised if Americans even know who he is. Yes unless its really bad it wont make U.S news... Stupid media.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Isaac wrote:And i'll be surprised if Americans even know who he is. Yes unless its really bad it wont make U.S news... Stupid media.
I'd be suprised if people even knew what Ireland really is, aside from a ginormous bunch of misinformed tales.

Serously, I can't remember who it was, but someone on this forum said that Sinn Fein used to go around blowing up planes, and that if you wanted to pick our Irish people for searching at airports, you should look for the people with red hair and freckles.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

TIGERassault wrote:if you wanted to pick our Irish people for searching at airports, you should look for the people with red hair and freckles.
And that's wrong because...? :wink:
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Dedman wrote:And that's wrong because...? :wink:
Few Irish people do not have red hair and freckles.

Now, please tell me you were being sarcastic.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

TIGERassault wrote:Serously, I can't remember who it was, but someone on this forum said that Sinn Fein used to go around blowing up planes, and that if you wanted to pick our Irish people for searching at airports, you should look for the people with red hair and freckles.
Ahhhh bollox..no-one looked. The IRA was American backed, financed and supported. Why would they bother with them!!!!!
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

What. The. Hell. Are. You. Smoking.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

TIGERassault wrote:
Isaac wrote:And i'll be surprised if Americans even know who he is. Yes unless its really bad it wont make U.S news... Stupid media.
I'd be suprised if people even knew what Ireland really is, aside from a ginormous bunch of misinformed tales.

Serously, I can't remember who it was, but someone on this forum said that Sinn Fein used to go around blowing up planes, and that if you wanted to pick our Irish people for searching at airports, you should look for the people with red hair and freckles.
/me wonders if Suncho - naa never mind :P
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

DCrazy wrote:
What. The. Hell. Are. You. Smoking.
Congradulations! You win yourself a free backhand slap! Now, please come here to claim your prize.