Changing the number of Proxmines a given by a pack?

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
sushi.h.a.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Changing the number of Proxmines a given by a pack?

Post by sushi.h.a. »

I would like to know how to change the number of prox mines given in a pack from 4 to 1. I can’t find the value that determines the amount anywhere. (Specifically, I haven’t yet found it in the game table files, though it might be in there somewhere.) Though it might be in a plain text table, or worse yet, it might be a hard coded value.
If anyone knows how to change this value please let me know.
Thanks. Take care everyone.
- sushi
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

What game version? 1,2 or 3?

For D1 and D2, you cannot change it. Prox/smart mine powerups always come in packs of 4. The number mines is not coded into some data record describing the powerup, but each powerup has a unique id, and the number of contained items is hard-coded in the program.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Judging from this.
I would say Descent 3. :mrgreen:

But then again. Playing D3, I don't remember how many proxies you get in a pack. :|
sushi.h.a.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sushi.h.a. »

Sorry, I forgot to mention which game. Descent 3 in particular. The issue I'm faced with at the moment is that prox mines, betties, chaff, etc come in packs of 4 (or there about). I would like to set each to give only one, so that I can replace the countermeasure with an actual descent 3 robot and not have to worry about the game play being broken by the ability to deploy 4 relatively powerful robots after picking up a single item.
Thanks
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I know Otherone has previously altered the number of MD rounds per powerup in Bill the Cat.

Don't know how he did it though; whether tablefiles or via some fancy scripting...
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

hmm usually powerups are set in the tablegam, the value \"ammocount\" defines how many you get. for the ProxMinePowerup the value is set to zero, i guess cause of all the mine-types in d3 are robots, as the proxmine is.

maybe the amount you get is hard coded in the modul generic.dll or in the ai-module of the proxmine robot.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

DigiJo wrote:hmm usually powerups are set in the tablegam, the value "ammocount" defines how many you get. for the ProxMinePowerup the value is set to zero, i guess cause of all the mine-types in d3 are robots, as the proxmine is.

maybe the amount you get is hard coded in the modul generic.dll or in the ai-module of the proxmine robot.
The proxmine AI won't affect the powerup count, as the robot doesn't get instantiated until after you deploy a proxmine. The powerup itself isn't controlled by AI.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It could be hard-coded. That would of course mean there is no way of changing it, unless you have some scripting event that pulls out two \"rounds\" whenever someone picks up a proxbomb of course.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Try taking out the tablefile from Bill The Cat and see how he did it?