Ron Paul: A smart man, with a smart message.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Ron Paul: A smart man, with a smart message.

Post by Mobius »

Recently, I have been reading and listening to some of the things Republican Congressman Ron Paul has to say. (Disclaimer: If I were American, I'd be a passionate democratic libertarian, and NOT a Republican.) I think that despite his Republican membership, he is an extremely smart, well educated, and well informed man.

Even better than that, they guy can actually THINK, and even MORE importantly, he is a CRITICAL thinker. These are two qualities sadly missing from your current regime's administration.

I would hope, that America will soon come to see the fine qualities this man possesses, and I hope to see him on a Republican Presidetial ticket some time soon.

Anyway - here's his latest piece - WELL worth the read!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/paul4.html
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

His \"latest\" piece is dated 2001?
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

you might try http://www.house.gov/paul/

Ron Paul ran as the Libertarian candidate in 1988. It will be interesting to see what happens with him running as a Republican.

I'm afraid he's way too Libertarian for the Republican voters. BUT, never give up hope. The Republicans are looking for a change in direction, going back to a true small government candidate MIGHT be that change. not likely, but I can dream, can't I? :)

OH, and as an amusing aside. You know how a lot of folks have been giving republican candidate Romney a hard time about being a Mormon?
I thought THIS little tidbit was amusing:
The biggest difference between her husband and the other candidates, Ann Romney said, is that \"he's had only one wife.\"
McCain has been married twice; Giuliani three times.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Ron Paul: A smart man, with a smart message.

Post by TechPro »

Mobius wrote:... If I were American, I'd be a passionate democratic libertarian, and NOT a Republican...
So, you'd be a "Joe Lieberman"?
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I saw the title of this thread and asked, \"Ron Paul? Isn't he the guy who tries to sell food dehydrators?\"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ron Paul? Didn't he sing in the band \"Peter, Paul and Mary\"? :wink:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Ru Paul?

Better than Sheep I 'spose.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

WarAdvocat wrote:Ru Paul?

Better than Sheep I 'spose.
You forget where you are?

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Bakdraft
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bakdraft »

TechPro wrote: So, you'd be a "Joe Lieberman"?
You mean, Huckleberry Hound. Or "Jowl" Lieberman.

Sorry, guys, I didn't think he'd be back. I didn't vote for him, though, so that must count for something.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

War Advocate wrote:Ru Paul?
Ha! ok, I like Ron Paul, but that WAS funny. :)
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

I'd kinda prefer to see a female president first though. Just for the thought that the USA is changing.

And for the obvious riots that are bound to occur! Those outta make good news! I mean, there are still a lot of USAers that are incredibly racist!

(And once again, Irish society FTW!)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

TIGERassault wrote:I'd kinda prefer to see a female president first though. Just for the thought that the USA is changing.

And for the obvious riots that are bound to occur! Those outta make good news! I mean, there are still a lot of USAers that are incredibly racist!

I hate to break it to you but females are not a race unto themselves and in America we have females from numerous races, any of which who could be president. Quite an accomplishment really for such a young country compared to much older cultures where they wouldn't even have a female of any race as their leader and they really do have riots if anyone even dares to suggest they are wrong about it.

Imagine that, we're one of the youngest countries in existance and were already light years ahead of many of the others in advancing human rights, equal rights, and we even tolerate those who don't know the difference between a race and a gender of species!
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Ron Paul kicks ass. Some friends and I are considering re-registering to be Republican so we can vote for him in the primaries.

and no, this guy is nothing like joe lieberman. joe lieberman and \"Libertarian\" do not belong in the same sentence. In fact, I refuse to capitalize joe lieberman
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Mobius wrote:democratic libertarian
That is an oxymoron if I have ever seen one.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Dedman wrote:
Mobius wrote:democratic libertarian
That is an oxymoron if I have ever seen one.
Why? Isn't the point of libertarianism to solidify democracy by allowing individuals personal autonomy instead of prying into and somehow controlling every aspect of their lives? Democratic Statism is a far more apt oxymoron.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Will Robinson wrote:
TIGERassault wrote:I'd kinda prefer to see a female president first though. Just for the thought that the USA is changing.

I hate to break it to you but females are not a race unto themselves and in America we have females from numerous races, any of which who could be president. Quite an accomplishment really for such a young country compared to much older cultures where they wouldn't even have a female of any race as their leader and they really do have riots if anyone even dares to suggest they are wrong about it.

Imagine that, we're one of the youngest countries in existance and were already light years ahead of many of the others in advancing human rights, equal rights, and we even tolerate those who don't know the difference between a race and a gender of species!
Yes, women are not a different race. You know it, and I know it, but apparently America still hasn't fully copped it!