Can't win for loosin.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Can't win for loosin.

Post by Duper »

Just heard on the news about a man that was making his own Diesel fuel from vegetable oil paying a lot more than he would from the pump.

The state said \"thank you\" by FINING him $1000's (for a bond mostly) for not paying a fuel tax and told him that the Feds would do the same.

Yup, wonderful country. And WHY would we want them running our health care??

read it HERE

Or/and Here
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i heard about this too. It seems that you guys have a roads tax integrated into your fuel tax. So if you don't buy fuel - there's no money to build roads.

(IIRC here in OZ we put all of our roads taxes into car registration. Car rego here is rather expensive as a result.)

What i'm the most interested in, in this story, is WHO decided to fine this guy? It seems that ppl went outof their way to smack him down. Who would be behind such a thing? It seems rather evil.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I have to agree.

Here in the Northwest US, folks like to use their snow tires when it's NOT snowing ...which is most of the time. thus, the roads wear QUITE a bit faster than they should. So we need to spend a lot of money on the roads.
FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

That is a sad, sad story. The Illinois Department Of Revenue needs it's head knocked around a bit.

When it comes to politics, it's all about the money.

Biodeisel rocks.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

roid, gas taxes in this country average to 50 cents a gallon. (half a dollar) My state is 46 cents. Per gallon.