D2X-XL featured by NaturalPoint

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Nice, I've thought about getting Track IR for my racing and flight sims. This would make playing D even more fun.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I assume this will only be trackIR 4?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Should work with any Track IR I think.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

D2X-XL supports TrackIR:4 systems, so I don't know whether and how you can control it with other TrackIR systems.

There are however three different modes of control in D2X-XL, and you don't need all functions for each of them. You can just rotate the view to look to the side or back, or you can point the ship like with a mouse, or you can make it turn as long as you look to the side or up, and also slide left/right and accelerate/brake.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

I got it--mount that thing to the plastic Pyro, and move THAT around instead of your head!

Perhaps the model can have some kind of clip on the bottom for a display stand, which could also accommodate something to which the tracker could be mounted. It could have a handle with a spring on the bottom that would let your hand rest yet still let you slide down. And maybe that handle could move inside an arc on a base so rolls would stay smooth. And wheels on the base for smoother sideways slides.

Cantcha hear my brain working: whirrr...whirrr...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Rofl! Nah, make a trackball that you can spin in any direction and use that.