heart beating in your eye lid?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

heart beating in your eye lid?

Post by Isaac »

recently my right eye lid has started twitching to my heart beat. I can watch it in the mirror. What the hell?
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Dial 911
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

A demon has crept in your eye. It's called the heartbeat demon.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

It means you've been hanging out at the DBB to much again! :P :P :lol:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

It's probably not serious, but see a doctor.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I get eyelid twitches every so often. I've always worked under the assumption that it's a sign of either sleep deprivation or a lack of some vitamin or another, since those are generally the two cases when they occur for me.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

happens with me from time to time. If it continues to persist, I would see a doctor just in case. If it went away in a reasonable amount of time I wouldn't worry too much.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

You're going to die!

someday

;)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote:I get eyelid twitches every so often. I've always worked under the assumption that it's a sign of either sleep deprivation or a lack of some vitamin or another, since those are generally the two cases when they occur for me.
That makes the most sense. I work 40 hours a week and do projects for anther 40. And also I'm getting another full time job and that's been keeping me up. Plus my caffeine intake is almost 600mg a day, by 200mg every 4 to six hours, via pill. (drinking it is too slow)
Kilarin wrote:It's probably not serious, but see a doctor.
Yeah.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Layoff the pills man...

Seriously though my younger cousin got into those along with his Dad and they both ended up with twitches, shakes, and caffeine withdrawal symptoms such as headaches and irritability.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Canuck wrote:Layoff the pills man...

headaches and irritability.
yes i get those bad when i cut down. But im also taking painkillers with caffeine because of my burning eyes and hurting spine.
Well writing about all of this has opened my eyes to how unhealthy i am. I thought nothing of it a week ago, but i guess now it's taking it's toll on me.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Isaac wrote:yes i get those bad when i cut down. But im also taking painkillers with caffeine because of my burning eyes and hurting spine.
You do know that doing that isn't exactly the smartest thing to do, right?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

It's called a muscle spazm. Nothing more, nothing less.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

If you run a CRT, make sure the refresh rate is better than 75Hz. Anything 85 and above is good.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

Isaac wrote:That makes the most sense. I work 40 hours a week and do projects for anther 40. And also I'm getting another full time job and that's been keeping me up. Plus my caffeine intake is almost 600mg a day, by 200mg every 4 to six hours, via pill. (drinking it is too slow)
As Richard said: You're going to die. And if you continue to live like that, "some day" could be pretty soon for you.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

It happened to me once, for a couple of weeks, but now it went away.

Caffeine is going to screw you up. Its even worse with pills. Lay off of it.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

The things we can do nowadays... that can be a contribution to the delcine of our health later... :P

but honestly, Issac, don't depend too much on painkiller pills and caffine... Taking them often is strongly not recommended.
What are you thinking when you have two full time jobs and \"projects\"? You're too young. Have some time for fun and relaxing! If you don't, you'll end up looking 10-20 yrs older than your age when you get to 30.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Caffene can also leech the calcium from your bones and does damage to your nervous system. Taking it in Pill form ...decidedly dodgey! :oops:
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I remember an eyelid twitch a year back or so.

Yeah, it seems to be caused by sleep deprivation; I don't generally get it. Nothing serious by itself, but missing sleep isn't good for you, obviously.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

The guy is totally overworked, he is living off pills to mess up his body chemistry to be able to keep exploiting his tormented body even more (which as far as I remember doesn't look like he ever cared all that well for its health), and you guys keep guessing what the reason for the eye lid twitch is?

Isaac,

if your story is true, stop working 80+ hours a week, stop sleeping to little, and stop consuming all that chemistry, or you will for sure regret it some day, and that day may come sooner than you like!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Well i hear that if your body can recover from a drug if you quit before 30. I figure if this is true then breaking my back while im 24 will be easier than any other time in my life.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

So, you have \"heard\"?

I have rarely heard something that stupid.

Once your organs are ruined, there is no way back, regardless of age.

But if you are just looking for someone patting your head and telling you \"it's alright son, you are fine, just go on\", you can have it here and now:

It's alright son, you are fine, just go on.

(And you will see where it leads you when it's too late).

Oops, I didn't say that.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Injuries I got when I was younger still hurt, only worse. You'll pay for the hard playing, eventually.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Your eye will burst in the next 30 seconds and counting... :oops:

:P
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Canuck »

Isaac wrote:Well i hear that if your body can recover from a drug if you quit before 30. I figure if this is true then breaking my back while im 24 will be easier than any other time in my life.

That is totally wrong Isaac... believe me what you do in your younger years totally reflects the quality of Life in your older years. How does the age 30 become such a magical number? Does this rule apply to acid too? How about Crystal Meth?

Take Kir's advice and learn to set aside time for you to enjoy life. Hop on a bike and go for a ride in a park, go camping for a weekend with friends, see a movie, etc. Try and enjoy your life daily if you can.

Take time to pay yourself first in life Isaac. Get some Sun, even 10 minutes a day is more than your skin needs to need to make your daily Vitamin D.
You are given one body... what you do to it now affects you later, trust an old fart on this.

I tell ya man Drug Companies are the worst pushers evar... stay away from them if you can.

EDIT: ROFL Messenjah
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

You've been given a lot of good advice in this thread, Isaac.

Take it. Lay off the excess pills, man.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ok all done. no more pills.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Okay. That's a good step, Issac. I do have a question though... Why are you taking 2 full time jobs and another full time job for projects?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Kiran wrote:Okay. That's a good step, Issac. I do have a question though... Why are you taking 2 full time jobs and another full time job for projects?
Oops i might have explained that wrong. I'll drop the projects when i get the second job. I need to sleep and taking the bus makes me get home later as it is.

I need to support a friend who's got bum roommates who can't keep a stable job and my current roommate is going to school. When all added it comes over 2 grand.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Um, why do you \"need\" to support this charity landlord friend of yours? Sounds like he should have those guys evicted (or move out himself) and find some responsible roommates, and if he can't do that by a certain time, you should cut him off.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Kick those deadbeats out. You dont need leeches in your life. They need to get their act together.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Or is it a her? HMMMM? Then it's justified ;)

If you need two jobs just to clear $2G a month, you need to change professions.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Top Wop wrote:Kick those deadbeats out. You dont need leeches in your life. They need to get their act together.
No no no.. they were there for me in my time of trouble and they put me where i am today.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Try to be a Man...

Post by Canuck »

I too have \"supported roommates\" on the belief that they were telling the truth and been burned in the end. Get yer Australian Kicking Boot on. Sedwick says it too.

Tell them that although you do feel obligated to them for supporting you that you cannot support a family of 3 right now. If jobs are so depressed you can't get one... pick bottles... mow lawns... wash dishes... whatever you need to do to make rent you have to make rent.

My Dad made me pay $50.00 a month when I was twelve on for room and board. That taught me how to make rent. If theses guys cant make rent... then out they go because there are plenty of enough people to fill their spot. Unless you owe them $2,000.00? Anywho...

It seems you are not thinking for you yourself anymore Isaac... snap out if it man /me slaps Isaac across face, (in Ren voice too). Maybe go sleep at a friend's house for a night or two and really sleep man. Recharge your batteries and think things through. And if you need to work Three jobs.. which I have done and hated, be prepared for 4-6 hours sleep max a night, and take Testi's advice.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

It should be fine. I'm not worried about it.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Uhhh huh. You're not worried about it?
I gotta be honest with ya. Unless they have mental or drug problems, there's no excuse for these guys to have an unstable job. Nucker's right about finding odd jobs.. there is always something for someone and it ain't the Great Depression period.
One thing I learned about being in this situation (yes, I was in a similiar situation) is that you may be a good person at heart trying to help someone out... especially if that person helped you out too, but a burden can be a heavy one if it's taking it's toll on you (and obviously it is). If you don't learn to draw the line between helping a friend out and owing that friend everything you have, you will get yourself in something deep and you will have traces of regret in what you did.

Besides there are all kinds of programs out there that help small landlords like this guy. He shouldn't leaning on a friend to overwork himself in order to help pay for bums' rents (when they don't learn to grow up and STAY in a job).
If anything, Issac, it might do the picture good overall if you don't just throw your money away, but to spend some time helping the landlord figure out a solution/ find a program that will help this guy work with tenant problems. Something like that.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

NASA actually recommends crystal meth over caffine. I'm not kidding.

When you have too many stimulants, you die of a heart attack. It sounds like you're burning the candle at 8 ends, take care of yourself mate :(
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

lol

I'm none too trusting of the source, naturally, but the guy they're quoting sounds a bit more reliable.

I drink coffee as well, but not in huge quantities like some people do... more often 1-2 cups a day or something. That and it's relatively mild stuff...
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Just to clarify--by \"charity landlord\", I never believed that the friend is an actual landlord; I merely referred to how he has to pay both his and his bum roommates' share of the rent. They get to live rent-free, out of his charity, and he lacks the cajones to put a stop to that.

Just because they once helped you out does not give them the right to leech off you from then on. Sure, you're friends, and it won't be easy to tell him to stop taking advantage of your good nature, but whose life are you living here? What obligates you to support him? Can you claim him as a dependent on your tax return? There's a difference between helping someone to their feet and carrying them on your shoulders, and obviously the burden is taking its toll on you, to quote Kiran. You are enabling this friend's gutlessness. If he's too much of a puss-ee to give these sponges the heave-ho, he doesn't deserve your respect or your money. At least your roommate is working to make something of himself.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

ok all fixed. no worries here. Everything's in perfect balance now. Thanks for your help you guys.