Prescott Bush attempt at overthrowing US aired on BBC news..

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Prescott Bush attempt at overthrowing US aired on BBC news..

Post by Teddy »

A while back i shared info on Bush's gradfather, his dealings with the Nazi's and his plot (with several backers) to overthrow the US Government in 1933.

For all those who didnt even take the time to verify my clames... I'll make it easy... you can now read the story on BBC news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/doc ... ment.shtml

Or you can listen to thier radio broadcast here

http://www.prisonplanet.com/audio/24070 ... t_coup.mp3

Hopefully people will start to wake up sometime before Bush gets a chance to use his new powers he has been passing into law....which he is even denying congress the right to look at!!!

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonia ... xml&coll=7

There is definitly something wrong when the president passes a signing statement that puts his office over all other branches of government(see whitehouse.gov website to view bill passed last may)
and makes a new plan for how the government will run after a terrorist attack... but deny's congress the right to look at the plan???

The writing is on the wall... if Bush ain't removed soon, america will soon be the next Nazi germany.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Yep, I agree that there are some scary things about GWB. I strongly doubt that the american people would stand by and let an administration create a dictatorship since it would be against every value our society stands for. There would be open rebellion in the military and common citizenry.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re: Prescott Bush attempt at overthrowing US aired on BBC ne

Post by Lothar »

I don't see why Bush's grandpa's activities and Bush's activities should be treated as even remotely related... especially since Bush's daddy didn't seem to fit the pattern.
Teddy wrote:if Bush ain't removed soon, america will soon be the next Nazi germany.
If Bush does just like every other president before him and passes the office of president to whoever wins the next election, will you come back here and publicly admit you were wrong?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Oh, and I wonder how many of you hippies would take up arms against a totalitarian regime ya'll seem to support in other countries. ;)
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

you have more faith in the people of this country then i do, i find most americans are simply not willing to fight for what is right, only go along with what is popular....

Lothar, I'm not going to waist the time to draw all the similarities between what is going on now with what grandad bush wanted to put into force here.... all i can say is maybe you need to check into what bush has been doing the last 6 years or so....
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Teddy wrote:Lothar, I'm not going to waist the time to draw all the similarities...
So how about the second half of my post: if, hypothetically, W steps down just like every president before him, will you come on here and publicly admit you were wrong?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Most Americans won't even know what to fight for. They haven't had freedom for so long, they're not sure what it is.
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

if he steps down, sure, i would admit i was wrong .... wouldn't be the first time i was wrong, and i sure hope I AM wrong about what Bush's intent is.

I dont see him steping down however, in the past 2 months, Bush has passed several laws/ signing statements that give him all the powers of a dictator, all that needs to happen is a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or financial collapse of the econemy( and with USA Today reporting our real national debt over 60 trillion not the 8.9 trillion currently reported... thier saying even this is a real possability)

Presidential canidate Ron Paul, Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration Paul Craig Roberts and several other members of congress are now making statements that Bush will even stage the terrorist attack just so he can use these new powers he has passed into law...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

First off, after all the leak i.e. wire tapping of terrorist cell phone calls, Tracking terrorist money via banking transaction....why would you think the administration is not partial to letting anyone know the plans of keeping our govt. secure in case of attack.
I'm sure Eisenhower did not inform congress of all plans in case of a nuclear attack nor I suspect Roosevelt didn't lay out all the plans he had in case of invasion by Japan or Germany. So why should Bush.

I am amazed at the idiocy of how Bush is responsible and was the force behind 9/11 and now supposed future attacks just to keep himself in power. If that was his design, I would imagine we would have had more attacks already if that was the case.
Presidential limitations are (2) four year terms in office. Bush cannot change that ruling by force of edict, only congress can. Stop reading conspritorial websites and sensational news stories...you sleep will better.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I can give you news stories about the fact that Aliens are actually controlling government officials! OMG!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Presidential limitations are (2) four year terms in office. Bush cannot change that ruling by force of edict, only congress can.
"Emergency Powers"
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Lothar wrote:I don't see why Bush's grandpa's activities and Bush's activities should be treated as even remotely related... especially since Bush's daddy didn't seem to fit the pattern.
I have to agree here. What ones relatives did in 1933 should have no weight in judging someone.

Bush's Dad handed it over to Bill Clinton, and now Bush will follow in his fathers footsteps in handing it over to Bill Clinton..........'s Wife.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Gooberman wrote:
Lothar wrote:I don't see why Bush's grandpa's activities and Bush's activities should be treated as even remotely related... especially since Bush's daddy didn't seem to fit the pattern.
I have to agree here. What ones relatives did in 1933 should have no weight in judging someone.

Bush's Dad handed it over to Bill Clinton, and now Bush will follow in his fathers footsteps in handing it over to Bill Clinton..........'s Wife.
Or to hand it over to Obama...who would be the 2nd black president.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

This thread is so full of crap...
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Gooberman wrote:Bush's Dad handed it over to Bill Clinton, and now Bush will follow in his fathers footsteps in handing it over to Bill Clinton..........'s Wife.
No chance of that happening! There'll never be such a thing as 'a female American president'.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

There's a good possibility that Hillary will be our president in 2008.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Mostly because of the politics of \"since this major party f'ed up the government, the other one will surely fix it\" The Dems are going to say \"OMG republicans messed up everything, if you vote for us we'll make it allll better\" And that's the only reason why she's get in.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

d3jake wrote:Mostly because of the politics of "since this major party f'ed up the government, the other one will surely fix it" The Dems are going to say "OMG republicans messed up everything, if you vote for us we'll make it allll better" And that's the only reason why she's get in.
Like last time!
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

TIGERassault wrote:There'll never be such a thing as 'a female American president'.
Could you explain why?

Bee
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Because it's something that needs to be voted on.

:oops:
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

TechPro wrote:This thread is so full of crap...
Bingo!!
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

d3jake wrote:Image
LMAO!!!..I'm SOOOoo stealing this..
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I already stole this... I think this is the orginal.... I made an edited version that I may use sometime in the future....
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

When I first learned about Prescott Bush, my mind instantly thought of Back to the Future. It's rather interesting how far back the Bush family chain goes and, more importantly, how it recurs in politics. Bush is the Biff Tannen of politics, I swear. Every age seems to have its own incarnation.