419 scam

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

419 scam

Post by SuperSheep »

Wooo! Just got another 419 scam email. Thought I'd share.
Letter of Relationship and Establishment Aid.
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire West Africa.
Tel+NOOOOOOOOO
For logistic reason contact me on e.mail:(WHATTHEHELLAREYOUDOING)
Attention: Respectful
Greetings and How are you Dear Friend.I am Nkomo Kamara from Ivory Coast in West Africa.I would like you to Please permit me to apply through this medium for your cooperation to secure an opportunity to invest and do joint relationship and establishment with you in your country.
As I have a substantial capital which I honourably Inherited from my late father Chief Emile Kamara Doudou who was the minister of Interior and also have Cocao and Coffee plantation and deals in Gold, Diamond Mining and Trading in bouake Northern District of Coted' Ivoire in Western Africa.Before the Epmigo Rebels killed Him during the political crisis on the mutiny rebellion upraising that equally lead to the death of former military junta Robert Guei.
I am contacting you because of my need to deal with honest person whom I can lay trust and personal confidence on with hope that he will not let me down,because since the murder of my father,I have been subjected to all sorts of harassment and intimidation with lots of negative reports emanating from the rebellion people due to this political crisis we are facing which have resulted to war in some part of our country Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa since this past years.
I legitmately inherited this sum from my late father who died recently and I intend to invest this money in profitable areas in your country into a very lucratives business venture of which you are to advise and execute the venture over there for the mutual benefits of both of us.
Most especially is for you to help me come over to your base if possible for You be able co-operate with me to become my business partner in your country and create ideas on how money will be invested, properly managed and the type of investment after the money is transferred to your custody with your assistance.I inherited this sum from my late father whom the rebels killed because he was not supporting their selfish interest to topple the president Gbagbo the present president of Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa.
I want to consider my situation and reply me on the indication of your willingness to handle this transaction sincerely by protecting my Interest and upon your acceptance of this proposal.I will furnish you with the full details information, procedure on how to continue.The exact amount involved is the sum of Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand USD ($9.500.000.00)USD
If you accept to associate with me,both of us will mutually agree on your percentage interest and share holding for helping me to secure the release of the deposit and investing the money into lucratives profitable venture in your care.I will be glad to reserve this respect and opportunity for you if you so desire to relate with me with good mind and honesty. I do urge you to kindly give this matter your immediate attention and the maximum seriousness it deserves for the smooth achievement of the aim.
I want you to be rest assured that everything is in order and legitimate it was due to the political crisis in our country that have resulted to war in some part of our region which have cause everybody to find a way of geting out from the country,for this reason I use this medium to request for your assistance with hope that you will not let down the confidence I have already reposed on you.
This money is legitimately acquired by my late father from sales of Cocoa and Coffee and Diamond dealings.If it interests you Please forward your reply including your telephone number and fiscal address to my private email address so that I can provide you with more clarifications and details about it all.
Looking forward for your prompt response on e.mail:(WHATTHEHELLAREYOUDOING)
Thanks for your understanding and future cooperations.
Sincerely
Nkomo Kamara
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

When I had a Juno e-mail address, I use to get those almost daily. Kept me busy putting them on my \"blocked\" list, as they change e-mail addresses constantly.

They haven't gotten my new e-mail addresses thankfully. If half of those had been real, I'd be richer than Bill Gates.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

speaking of email addresses. Posting this spam with all it's emails intact is prettymuch just spamming the DBB.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

Not sure how having the emails of the \"sender\" a.k.a., the person sending the 419 scam is spamming the DBB or is inviting anything bad to happen to the DBB?

What's going to happen? An email harvester will grab the emails and spam the \"sender\"? Wouldn't necessarily see that as a bad thing.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

Unless you actually think someone will respond to a quote from an email on the DBB posted as a 419 scam.

I guess that would require the person to read the quote and completely miss the part about the scam????
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

You'd think that people would know better than to respond to that email. but then I read this.
The Telegraph wrote:More than 3.2 million Britons have handed over cash after being approached by scammers via email, letter or telephone.

Just wow.
oops 3.2 million brits total not a year. Still thats quite a few idiots! (thx for the correction!)
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I can't understand why this kind of stuff keeps circulating. Are there any people who actually respond or click on the links in any of these messages - what morons!! I would have thought by now that even the densest of clods would have been able to see through this garbage.

LOL - then I saw Hattrick beat me to the post. Man, what a bunch of idiots. I think if you send one of these scammers any money you should be required to wear a scarlet letter out in public. So, what letter should we choose??
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

D for dumbass.

:D

Also, 3.2 people in Briton.... but where are you getting your 3.2 million per-year? Big difference. That could mean these stats were accumulated after a period of 12 years at least.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

Now there's a commercial on TV warning people about this... It starts with a guy on a train approaching a woman with an offer, making the point that you would not fall for this in real-world, why would you in an e-mail... But obviously people do or we would not see so many. I get like 3~5 all at once, then I don't see any for a week or two...
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

SuperSheep wrote:Unless you actually think someone will respond to a quote from an email on the DBB posted as a 419 scam.

I guess that would require the person to read the quote and completely miss the part about the scam????
I don't think anyone here is THAT stupid. Just edit it back.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

think of spam like goatse man.

omg, someone sent you a goatse. You are horrified, so you want to talk to someone about how horrified you are. So what do you do? You forward the email WITH ATTACHMENT to your friend with \"omg someone just sent this to me\". Your friend then gets to see goatse man too. haha.

i think of spam, here, the same way. What is the difference between me getting that spam in my inbox, or getting it here at the DBB. Spam is spam, by on-posting it on you are essentially propagating the spam yourself free of charge, you make the spammer very happy.

ps: now if you started reading this dont stop its really scarey!ok send this to five other videos in 143 minutes.When you are done press F6 and your crushes name will apear on the screen in big letters this is weird because it does work.If you break this chance you wont have a crush in the next five years
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by SuperSheep »

roid wrote:think of spam like goatse man.

omg, someone sent you a goatse. You are horrified, so you want to talk to someone about how horrified you are. So what do you do? You forward the email WITH ATTACHMENT to your friend with "omg someone just sent this to me". Your friend then gets to see goatse man too. haha.

i think of spam, here, the same way. What is the difference between me getting that spam in my inbox, or getting it here at the DBB. Spam is spam, by on-posting it on you are essentially propagating the spam yourself free of charge, you make the spammer very happy.

ps: now if you started reading this dont stop its really scarey!ok send this to five other videos in 143 minutes.When you are done press F6 and your crushes name will apear on the screen in big letters this is weird because it does work.If you break this chance you wont have a crush in the next five years
Ummmm. No to everything you just said. This is not an OMGWTFISTHISINMYEMAILAHHHHHHHH!!!!!, it is HAHALOOKATTHISLOOSERANDHISSTOOOOOOPID419SCAM!!!!

Possibly you'll understand what I mean now. :)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

roid, I think you need to lay off the acid dude. Seriously. The entire point of this thread (as with many others in this forum) is to laugh at something outrageously stupid. As for your hatred of spam, I suggest you avoid this forum altogether since the Cafe is littered with \"spam\". Unless there is something obviously offensive to everyone (ie: a giant floppy dong embedded or otherwise) then you shouldn't have to edit it. I thought you took a \"hands off\" approach anyways?
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

Does this mean we don't get to see the goatse?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

giant floppy donkey dongs are high quality spam. this low quality spam is, low quality
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

suum cuique.