Firefly (the series)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CyberDog!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Firefly (the series)

Post by CyberDog! »

My Son (Ya, ya. He's probably older than most of you :wink: ) just gave me the Firefly DVD collection for my birthday. Awesome show.

Anyone else find it a crime against SciFiDom that Firefly got cancelled while Andromeda and Enterprise (though getting better), continue?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

we have a new drama series called "fireflys" here (australia). it's about fighting fires in the bush and is only on it's 6th episode or so.
prolly not what you're talking about though
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

FireFly probably didn't last long because people were into Farscape at the time, and perhaps thought that it was just another clone trying to cache in on Farscape's success.

Too bad Farscape was then cancelled anyways, even though it had the best ratings of any Sci-Fi show other then perhaps Stargate SG1 (lame) at the time.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Well hey, Stargate SG1 is at least amusing... even if it does get a bit, uh, worn out at times.

Oddly enough I've never seen Firefly, and only even heard of it thanks to the Internet. What actually is it about?
Kumba
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kumba »

It's basically a western in space. Oh and legalized prostitution. I thought it was a great show! :P
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I like it

Post by Mickey1 »

Firefly is the nonconformist individual; honorable thieves and hookers against the Alliance out in the new frontier of terraformed worlds. Too ideologically risqué for USA broadcast TV. DVD sold so well a movie to wrap the story up is in the works:)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Kumba wrote:It's basically a western in space. Oh and legalized prostitution. I thought it was a great show! :P
sounds like cowboy bebop :D
which can only mean good things