MS Crimson Skies and XP SP2?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

MS Crimson Skies and XP SP2?

Post by AceCombat »

i recently dug up one of my older MS Flight Games, titled Crimson Skies. when i try to run it, any selectable menu options are filled in with rainbow effects boxes. according to MS Crimson Skies is supposed to work with XP SP2 with the latest (1.02) patch installed.

ive already tried googling up results as to why it doesnt work, but im not turning up any useful fixes/information.

anyone think they can help me figure out what the problem is? id really like to play this game again.

EDIT: Ok, i found a way to get it working, but its very crappy rendering, no details or anything. i have to force it to software rendering but that disables just about all the eyecandy.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Here is a reason for the problem, but there doesn't appear to be a solution (yet):

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/13361 ... mson-skies

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?show ... &show=&st=&

Don't hold your breath.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i read those forums, as like i said, i have yet to find a fix or temporary solution.

i love this game, and i wish i had the $$$$ to build me a legacy box with just high enough specs to run my older games.

Win98SE
~1.4 GHz PIII
GeForce MX440 or something along those lines
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Crimson Skies got sold along with MEch Warrior, so there is a possibility of seeing another installment.