Call Of Duty 4

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Call Of Duty 4

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Been playing it a bit on XBox live. It's kind-of growing on me. Anyone else play this? Have any tips?
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Yeah, I played it a good few times, but only the multiplayer. It's certainly one of the best FPS multiplayer games I've played (along with TF2 and Halo3), but like all \"hardcore\" FPS games, it's over-populated with ultra-skilled swearing 15-year-olds that spend way too much time playing the same game over and over again.

Team Fortress 2 is my favourite FPS though, mainly because it isn't based upon 'best control of aimer wins' and it's not \"hardcore\".
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

Got it for ps3... like it alot. Devil may cry 4 is amazing also.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

You figured that out too eh Tiger...I can't for the life of me figure out how to aim better. And the kids are so annoying on the headset...I end up muting most of my own team, let alone everyone else.

There are a handful of us on xBox live...I suck but everyone else is pretty good.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I wouldn't call it hardcore... or the best FPS game. We all know the the most hardcore and the best FPS is Descent hands down. It takes real skill to fly a Pyro. But sadly those days are ending fast.

One thing about next gen games that I like is BALANCE. CoD4 and Halo 3 really do this well. The thing I hate, is that on live, there is a severe lack of levels. No way to add new mods or levels to your game over Live. However, they do have other ways to increase the replay value of multiplayer. If you play with the right people, you can easily build a real team that can function as a team. Communication and tactics are the real key to winning a match. I also love the lack of cheating and uber hardware that increase a player's aim. Everyone has the same controller and the same abilities. There isn't really one gun that is better than another gun in COD4. They are just simply different. Same in Halo. However, COD4 I think should be more custom level friendly since it really doesn't matter how the map is designed. There isn't any real advantage or disadvantage to anyone, no matter how you design the map.

Halo 3 would have that problem because weapons are scattered about but the provided levels are very well thought-out other than snowbound (guess every game is prone for tunnel rat levels). Not even Halo 2 held this key balance. However, I don't like single for Halo 3 that much. CoD4 single is better but not fantastic by all means. Multi is a blast though.