I came back! but... (Some rant)

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I came back! but... (Some rant)

Post by Enzo-03 »

...I can't find any interesting servers!

Yes, that one guy whose name starts with E and ends in 3 is back due to his other computer's cd drive and USB ports dying while he was away on vacation, and a general empty feeling...

I knew I was craving something, so I came back here, played some BI3 and skybox, and found some of that emptiness filling! =D

More of it filled when I went to Kali for some D1, too... but now I'm bored again, and still have much of that empty feeling.

I think what I am missing is some good ol' CTF in either Halcyon or VVeins, but I go to the game tracker to find the only games on right now are CO-OP (laggy, hosted by mental asylum reject, Geordon) and Subway Dancer... -.-

I sure hope that D3 hasn't been reduced to nothing but that map! I really miss some of those great games I had on Varicose Veins, Halcyon, Bill The Cat, BI3, Stadium, Ascent... GAH! I can't remember all the levels and great times I had in the first game that I ever played online! I'm grateful that it was this great game, for it will never leave me as long as I live. But when I come back to see only a game of Subway Dancer (which, don't get me wrong, it has its fun moments too) when there used to be AT LEAST one CTF game going on just a year or so ago, it leaves me feeling empty inside.

Nevertheless, I pry open my Pyro's cockpit and spray rust remover on the canopy's hinges, then dust the HUD and controls of my ship, fire the engine to find it works just as it did before I left, and Prepare for Descent! I hope to have much fun while I'm back, but I really wish subway dancer and skybox weren't my only choices. :<
We will not have signatures in the future.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

ok
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Every game degenerates to cater to the lowest common denominator...and for D3 that is Subway Dancer.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

As I tell everyone who starts complaining... if you want something else, request it, server-ops like myself will gladly put it up. Then jump in the game (i.e. don't wait for others to join).

That's the problem; we have all these players sitting around waiting for someone to start a non-Subway game... but none of them start one. Somebody's gotta jump in first.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Heh, reminds me of listening to 15 good players in Kali chat, complaining because there weren’t any games.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

well spidey, not everyone plays Abend 24/7........

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Gandalf Stormcrow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gandalf Stormcrow »

It really boils down to the fact that we need people to jump in a game to start one. We like to get everyone we know to join us (rarely happens nowadays), so we never seem to start up a good game. Take the first step and be a leader.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

I seen some pilot just jumping into the game to start one up... and wait awhile for 'em.

Enzo, I'm finished with school for a few months now. Come into Kali sometime and we'll fly :P