Computer Case

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Computer Case

Post by woodchip »

Finally getting my computer part ordered but I am a bit hung up on what case to put them in. I want a full tower case but it does not have to have a power supply packaged with it. Something I can easily install HD's, disk drives etc and has good ventilation. I'd like cost to be below 150.00.
Thanks for your ideas.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Bling or no bling?

If you want bling, you'd probably not like mine. Mine are as subtle as you can get :)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

After a lot of looking I decided on this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811233026

Mainly because I wanted all the inputs in the middle of the case and I hate doors on computer cases.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I've always been a fan of Lian-Li cases. :) Clean and simplistic yet well built.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Personally I use Lian-Li, expensive tho. In the recent past I built four machines for different customers using the Antec 900. Excellent air flow, even w/ all fans on low (very quiet).
ImageImage
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Chieftec cases from China I've found to be supurb - excellent airflow, easy to open up & work on, solid construction and extremely quiet.

http://www.chieftec.com/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Any advantage to a side pull out rack for hard drives etc instead of typical rear mounted racks? Any disadvantage like cables getting in way of door?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by fliptw »

woodchip wrote:Any advantage to a side pull out rack for hard drives etc instead of typical rear mounted racks? Any disadvantage like cables getting in way of door?
the side mounted trays make installing hard drives a lot easier.

as for the doors: nope.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Welp, after looking at your suggestions I was getting partial to the Chieftec until I went into Best Buy and saw this:

http://tinyurl.com/4gah7r

For 52.00 out the door I decide what the heck and bought it. Not knowing a thing about Rocketfish I googled them and was pleasantly surprised at what I read. Turns out Lian Li makes the case but Rocketfish puts their name on it. Seems the comments I read, everyone was happy with purchasing it.

I suspect this case would be subtle enough for Testi except for the large size. No subtlety there :wink:
Anyway, thanks again for your ideas.