A flub...blooper...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

A flub...blooper...

Post by Nightshade »

A gaff that even Joe Biden would be proud of:
Oops! Obama Supporter Introduces Biden as 'McCain'

Florida resident introduces Joe Biden as John McCain at rally, says he made an honest mistake

Freudian slip or honest mistake?

The Florida resident who introduced Joe Biden at a Tampa, Fla., rally Wednesday got one crucial detail wrong: the Democratic running mate's name.

He called him John, not Joe.

\"Are you ready for the change that we all need?\" Jim Piccillo asked, as he warmed up the Tampa crowd for Biden. \"Then no matter what your party, gender, or race or religion, help me today in welcoming the next vice president of the United States ... John McCain!\"

It's unclear whether anyone in the crowd could hear the flub. Biden greeted the audience and took the stage all the same. He didn't mention it in his speech.

Piccillo later told The Tampa Tribune he didn't even know he had said \"John McCain\" until he heard it on the radio driving home with his girlfriend.

\"I screamed, 'I can't believe I did that,'\" he told the Tribune.

Apparently, Piccillo is a registered Republican who was invited to introduce Biden after he was featured in a New York Times article for crossing over to support the Democratic nominee.

He said he had a \"human moment\" at the Biden rally -- not an attempt at sabotage.

McCain, though, had his own verbal blooper Wednesday. At one point, he mentioned the agenda he had set for \"my fellow prisoners\" when, according to his prepared remarks, he meant to say \"citizens.\"
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/09 ... en-mccain/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

\"My fellow prisoners\" would be more accurate anyway.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Testiculese wrote:"My fellow prisoners" would be more accurate anyway.
True that! It was more like a Freudian slip than a gaff.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Senior moment or Freudian slip? Or just an angry, grumpy old man. Ooooooooooooh, grandpa Simpson! :P

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:Senior moment or Freudian slip? Or just an angry, grumpy old man. Ooooooooooooh, grandpa Simpson! :P

Might be President Grandpa to you in a few months at which point you'll all be praying for his long healthy life !