I want one

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

I want one

Post by ccb056 »

http://www.hgh4us.com/index.asp?PageAct ... &ProdID=49

this would go nicely with the passport 8500
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Car and Driver reviewed a device like that a while back, it said it really didnt do much. Plus, the traffic lights in your area have to be equipped to take signals from a device like this, and there arent that many lights like that.
Wolf on Air
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Wolf on Air »

Americans.
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

http://www.fleet-central.com/af/newspick.cfm?rank=3993 wrote:A recent U.S. Department of Transportation survey showed the devices are in use at 26,500 intersections in 78 cities across the country.
It still would be cool to have one.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I wouldnâ??t want to be the idiot if a Cop finds that in your car.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Ohh God...

Somedays I think I have one of those in my car... every light I pull up to turns green.. it's great.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

some ppl have made these themselves by videotaping ambulences and the weird flashes that come from them, then studying them. i think we may have covered it on zzz a while back (i'm not sure where i remembered it from).

they are illegal :P
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

dont Emergency vehicles come equipped with Light Changers in the Lights and Siren Control panels?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Around here, I see it done by amulances and such all the time. All lights turn red except for their left turning lane, which quickly files out, and the vehicle proceeds forward around everyone. I guess they could turn left too. :P

edit: I don't know if you have different options, but if you pulled the above, you'd stick out like a sore thumb, and probably get some Albuquerque justice.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Kurupt, can witness this... in akron, OH. they have installed sensors above the traffic lights that use "line-of-sight" detectors and small transmitters to change the lights.

Jeff250 wrote:edit: I don't know if you have different options, but if you pulled the above, you'd stick out like a sore thumb, and probably get some Albuquerque justice.
AceCombat wrote:dont Emergency vehicles come equipped with Light Changers in the Lights and Siren Control panels?

what i mean by this, is.. inside the pratol car or emergency vehicle, i belive emergency personnel have a toggle switch or some type of activation switch to toggle a transmitter placed somewere out of sight to others, that will change a light if they see a massive traffic flow and need to stop them quickly.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

That's the most stupid thing.

So - if YOU have one, and *I* have one, and 28 other people have one - how the #$#%$ is traffic meant to get anywhere?

Retarded.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

mobius, aside from my bad habits, why in gods name do you always have to be so fvcking hatred towards everything we post
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

I agree with Mobius. If I ever saw some fool using one I would not hesitate to report it. Think of it as kicking a hacker off my server. ;)
[DWL]Punk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [DWL]Punk »

tattle tale.
Santrix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Santrix »

What I thoguht was funny was in Car and Driver when the reviewer said he took of the IR filter to see if that would help. What a dipstick (no pun intended). He said the flash of light stunned the other drivers.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

In South Fl they had these back in the 80's. they changed the way it worked... it used to make it go green to your direction, now they all just go red. Worked in NY too after I came back in the 80's. All you have to do is flash your headlights(from a distance) at a certain rate and the light will change (except old backwood road lights).

Most emergency vehicles have 1 central white flashing light up on the top of the vehicle. The devices that started this topic are for Police crusiers(sedans)
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

Driver "A" approaches intersection with device turned on. Driver "B" does the same from a perpendicular street. Stoplight starts rapidly changing as it periodically receives signals from both drivers. What this amounts to is one HECK of a big accident, all because drivers a and b wanted to get to where they were going several seconds earlier.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

who gets it?
"driver 8, take a break."
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Liquid Fire, replace these cars with ambulances doing the same thing. I'm sure there's some sort of safeguard in the system for such an event.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

There is a hotfix for that exploit available on the Microsoft Windows for Stoplights Update site.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

LOL!!! Jeff
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

AceCombat wrote:Kurupt, can witness this... in akron, OH. they have installed sensors above the traffic lights that use "line-of-sight" detectors and small transmitters to change the lights.
yes... and while not a bad idea in theory, not so good in the day to day.