Republicans 'caging' again

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Republicans 'caging' again

Post by Tunnelcat »

The other shoe has dropped concerning the ACORN debacle. All the hoopla and McCain/Republican saber rattling was just a preliminary move to start with their now refined 'caging' process. This slime tactic been effectively used since 2000, to dump as many voters from the rosters as possible in battleground states right before the election. Most, if not all, of the removed voters are targeted Democrats in this legally questionable practice.

http://www.freep.com/article/20081017/NEWS15/81017065

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caging_list

http://writechic.wordpress.com/2008/10/ ... r-hate-on/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#27245245

If all else fails, CHEAT!
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It seems fair, since ACORN targets Democrat registrations. Hey if you can’t stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. They are such an obviously biased registering organization, what do you expect?

BTW I have heard some very respectable people saying there is prolly fraud going on there. So I guess those Republicans should just roll over and die, instead of challenging it?

Your partisanship is showing again. :wink:
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Lol! One of your links is Kieth Olbermann!
That is like a republican linking to Rush Limbaugh and expecting you to consider his input as objective!!
If you want to debate the comparison please start with his latest assertion that Joe the plumber was a McCain plant!
Obama walks down a random street in Ohio, picks Joes house and talks to him. Obama picked the day, he picked the city and he picked the house....
So, out of all the houses in America somehow McCain managed to have his plant there and even managed to make sure the plant really lived in the house Obama picked!!!

Hell, if McCain is that good Obama doesn't have a chance to win anything!

I find that Wiki article to be very suspisious also. First the top half is just a quote of Slate.com...hardly objective and more important the Washington Post article that makes up the bottom half, in addition to that source being highly suspect, has some really lame evidence! Supposedly bush thugs have sent emails to the wrong address with \"Caging\" as the subject line?!? Give me a break! Even G.Gordon Liddy knew better than to wear black T shirts with the word BURGLER printed on the back when they broke into the DNC suite at the Watergate hotel!

I think it is much more likely that DNC hacks spoofed those emails and put those obvious redflag subject lines on them to be sure the democrats who received them would be sure to forward them to the proper media outlets...you know...the kind of media outlet who wouldn't say \"Wait a minute here! This sounds kind of fishy, why would these emails have been sent in the first place because whoever planned the effort would already have the list to begin with! Why send it to themselves to the organizations main email address if they already have the lists?!?\"

You drink too much Kool-Aid
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Republicans 'caging' again

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:The other shoe has dropped concerning the ACORN debacle. All the hoopla and McCain/Republican saber rattling was just a preliminary move to start with their now refined 'caging' process. This slime tactic been effectively used since 2000, to dump as many voters from the rosters as possible in battleground states right before the election. Most, if not all, of the removed voters are targeted Democrats in this legally questionable practice.

http://www.freep.com/article/20081017/NEWS15/81017065

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caging_list

http://writechic.wordpress.com/2008/10/ ... r-hate-on/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#27245245

If all else fails, CHEAT!
your naivete is only surpassed by your ignorance
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

tunnelcat, hey ACORN is just a proponent of the Chicago way - vote early and vote often.

So it's no problem at all if a bunch of dead people are voting. So after \"The One\" is elected, can we at least have a cage match between Kieth Olbermann and Paul Begala to see who gets to be the new Propaganda Minister?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So why is it the liberals are so adament about picture I.D. for voting? I mean, how do these people with no I.D. cash their welfare check? Picture I.D. would cure 90% of voter fraud.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

So after \"The One\" is elected, can we at least have a cage match between Kieth Olbermann and Paul Begala to see who gets to be the new Propaganda Minister?
I can't really stand to watch either of them. But I'm glad to see that the scales are becoming more balanced.

The Right wing media has simply gotten to big to be making fun of \"The mainstream media,\" and be taken seriously by just about anyone. (Isn't Fox news currently the highest rated? )

Paul and Kieth still don't hold a candle to Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and Rush Limbaugh at inciting hate within their party. I've heard twice over the past week callers, who passed the call screeners, making the case that Obama is the Antichrist.

.....and I think picture ID voting is a good thing. :P
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gooberman wrote:...I've heard twice over the past week callers, who passed the call screeners, making the case that Obama is the Antichrist.
Which programs and what was the host's reaction to the idea that Obama is the anti-christ?
I've heard lefty supporters say that republicans are the KKK and will burn black churches but I don't think CNN or MSNBC is responsible for their comments....

Regarding Fox being #1, maybe Fox News made it to #1 because the other sources have drifted into left leaning partisanship. If the country is evenly split left and right then Fox would have one half all to themselves while the lefties have to fight for shares of the other half of the viewers.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Gooberman wrote:(Isn't Fox news currently the highest rated? )
Cable news broadcast not network news
Paul and Kieth still don't hold a candle to Sean Hannity,
Hannity is a jacka$$ he tries to maipulate the conversation and brow beats people
Mark Levin,
never heard of him.
and Rush Limbaugh at inciting hate within their party. I've heard twice over the past week callers, who passed the call screeners, making the case that Obama is the Antichrist.
and I've heard many blacks say that a vote for McCain will bring back slavery :roll: there are nut jobs on both sides
.....and I think picture ID voting is a good thing. :P
Agreed. but the left wants to cry voter intimidation. again nut jobs on both sides
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Didn't Chris Matthews say he got all tingly in the pants when he thought about Alfred E Obama? I mean, really, how are you going to expect objective journalism from a network that hires someone like Matthews.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Dont forget Dan Rather and the CNN reporter that actually cried on the air when GW was elected on 2004.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

Will Robinson wrote:
Gooberman wrote:...I've heard twice over the past week callers, who passed the call screeners, making the case that Obama is the Antichrist.
Which programs and what was the host's reaction to the idea that Obama is the anti-christ? ...
Indeed Goob. Somebody could say anything to the screener to get on the air, then deliver the spew that they had originally intended.

And I don't get the "hate-mongering" moniker. Sure, Hannity is a loud-mouth, but I heard him a couple days ago cut some guy off who started to make a racist point related to Obama. Just disconnected him on the spot. If he was a hate monger, he could have just fed off of and further amplified the nutjob's comments - but that is not what happened.
Gandalf Stormcrow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gandalf Stormcrow »

I think Sean Hannity just likes to hear his own voice.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

In my opinion, voter registration fraud does NOT equal voter fraud. Caging is outright fraudulent, crooked and definitely a Carl Rove hallmark and you can be damn sure the right-wing TV press isn't going to report it, except Olbermann of course. And yes, ACORN does target low income people who do tend to be Democrats that are easily disenfranchised and either don't vote, move around a lot, forget or don't have any idea how to register. The ACORN people that were out collecting names made up signatures to get paid, so Mickey Mouse is not going to cast a vote since he doesn't exist in reality. That's where ACORN should change the way they do the sign-up process by getting rid of piece-paid signature gathering and pay their workers by the hour. Besides, give ACORN some credit for flagging suspicious names when they turned them in to the state elections office.

But targeting Democratic voters for purging from the rolls by using spurious reasons like address problems and name misspellings is crooked. I was dropped from the rolls one time because some dip wad dropped ONE 'e' from my first name, since it can be spelled two different ways, and I didn't catch it in time. You can check if you are correctly registered by going here and clicking on 'Are You Registered to Vote' in the right hand red circle:

http://www.votersunite.org/

Speaking of voting fraud, the electronic voting machines are already causing problems for voters in W. Virginia in early voting. Many voters have complained that their votes for Obama or several Democratic candidates are being switched to McCain or Republican candidates and no one seems to be able or care to fix the problem. I haven't heard of the problem occurring yet the other way around, Republican to Democrat. Hmmmmmm, tin hat time?

http://wvgazette.com/News/200810170676
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Oh, so the TV press is \"right wing\" now? Funny how people push the press into whichever wing suits their needs.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

WVNewspaper wrote:Jackson County touch-screens switched votes, 3 residents say

http://wvgazette.com/News/200810170676
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:...Caging is outright fraudulent, crooked and definitely a Carl Rove hallmark and you can be damn sure the right-wing TV press isn't going to report it, except Olbermann of course....
You want to know why isn't reported?
Because, in spite of your allegations of fraud, it is legal!
That's right, l e g a l !

The only time it isn't legal is if you do it based on a particular group, like race. And we all know who likes to play that big nasty race card don't we!

So what is really at stake is all those illegally registered voters signed up by groups like ACORN, which are fraudulent, because they are at risk of being challenged.
Now since ACORN doesn't try to register republicans or people who live outside of the inner city the fraudulent registrations are concentrated in minority areas.
So the question is, did the challenges take place because the fictional people are minority or because they are not really allowed to vote!!!

Like Mickey Mouse, he's black, I'm not sure if he's an African American cartoon mouse but he is black..and ACORN did register him to vote...so is challenging that registration a good defensive move on the part of a political party? Or is it the white devil trying to keep the brother mouse under his boot?

And likewise with thousands of other fraudulent registrations, if they don't really live at the addresses they used to sign up they will have to prove they deserve to be registered in that precinct. They can bring a utility bill or phone bill with their address for example to prove their residence is in that precinct and then they will be allowed to vote. However, if they don't prove they live there the registration will be removed from the rolls.
This is important because ACORN being able to stack thousands of extra fictional voters on the roles can be used in lots of ways.

A polling precinct run by unscrupulous democrats can go in and enter votes for all the fictional registrations....

They can inflate their roll of registered voters to be able to petition a judge at the last minute on election day to hold the polling place open longer than the set hours. This happens a lot in democrat heavy precincts and then they can find a Micky Mouse and get him to vote....'Oh look who I found in the alley in his cardboard house! It's Mickey! Here Mick, have a cigarette and push that button riiggghhhtttt there...that's it'

And the inflated voter roll is used as a figure to justify financial aid to get out the vote in future election cycles and to qualify the precinct for god knows what other programs and funds that are paid for by guys like me who only register once, only vote once and actually pay taxes to enforce rules and laws that apparently democrats don't think should apply and would call me a racist for expecting it!!

So cage this!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:Image
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

lol^

This is one of the reasons to keep the electoral college. It helps to control this, because the vote is based on population conducted by the census, not voter registration. So a state that was going to go Democrat anyway, won’t make much difference. Although a big city can swing a state, so it is still a problem.

National ID card, looking better all the time.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So what is the scope of potential voter fraud? This may be a indication:

\"Ohio Court Ruling Could Impact 200,000 Voters
A reversal by the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati this week threatens to disqualify 200,000 mostly new Ohio voters whose voter information did not match government databases. Republicans are hoping to use these voting records to challenge new voters, many of whom are Democrats. New York Times.\"

I wonder how many of the \"mostly\" democratic voters were registered by Acorn? You know, Acorn, the group that is being investigated in eleven states for voter fraud. The same Acorn that Obama funneled money to while heading the Chicago Annenberg Foundation (money that should of gone to educating inner city children but didn't.) The very same Acorn Obama claims as executive experience on his resume for community organizing. Yeah, it is the sneaking republicans who are trying to throw the vote by verifying a voter is who they claim to be. :roll:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ah Will, vote caging IS illegal because it IS being used almost exclusively against black voters and surprise, most black voters tend to be Democrats and poor. If some white Democrats happen to get caught up in the purge, the more the better, wink, wink. Now people in this social class are more likely to change address because they rent, not own their home. They may move around frequently trying to keep employed and more likely to have address mismatches because they forgot to re-register. Most of these people are citizens that deserve to have their votes count, not nonexistent frauds. I'm willing to bet that a utility bill would not be sufficient proof of address for any poll worker, for fear of, surprise, fraud. And what's wrong with holding the polls open longer. Every American citizen should have the chance to vote and should be accommodated. By the way, who's playing the race card?

http://www.clcblog.org/blog_item-138.html

I don't have my head in the sand CUDA. Both parties are engaging in tactics to win, I have no doubt and I'm not blind to it. I just believe that the ACORN mess is being used as a smoke screen for the caging process. Since this is not being reported in the TV press, I'm just pointing out that this tactic has and is being used by Republicans when an election looks like it's going to be close. But they're sure reporting on the ACORN strife! How about some fair coverage. So who's going to win, the party who registers the most votes or the one that removes the most votes?

Since BOTH sides are involved of some type of fraud, I think this country desperately needs a overhaul of our registration and voting methods and it should be consistent between the states. Spidey might be right that a national ID card might be a solution to stop all the bickering. We sure need something new.

Here is some more voter REGISTRATION fraud that was caught in California, and it's Republican this time, not ACORN. Of course the Republicans are denying this went on.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 2357.story

As for the 'three switched votes' that were reported AlphaDoG, I'm guessing that far more occurred than were noticed. A lot of people don't really pay attention to what they're doing when voting and probably missed it, especially with confusion learning the new electronic voting machines. One time, an accident. Two times, a fluke. Three times or more, statistically relevant. As Homer Simpson demonstrates:

AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Ok I'm sure it's firmware related voter fraud, Thanks Homer!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Sorry for the double post but I got some general error concerning mail codes, and I didn't realize the first post posted.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:Ah Will, vote caging IS illegal because it IS being used almost exclusively against black voters...
Thankfully you aren't a judge because the details matter, law matters and you have ignored both!
Caging is not illegal. This isn't debatable it is written in the books go look for a law that says caging is illegal...you won't find it.

Why would the republican machine want to limit it's efforts to a segment of the population that makes up less than 20 percent of the democrat base?!? Stupid theory!
They go after precincts where democrat voters vote and voter fraud is prevalent...any color democrat voter...therefore they catch more and aren't guilty of any crime.

The fact that the majority of them are turning up as African Americans is only proof that ACORN concentrated it's efforts in their neighborhoods! Go piss and moan at them for throwing the African Americans into the middle of this!

Now on to bigger better faster:
That link of republican voter fraud you posted...LOL!!
I give you ACORN and their multi million dollar fraud machine with over 200,000 potential illegal votes cast in Ohio alone! And they are doing this on that scale in every state that the race is close probably over a million illegal votes, under investigation by the FBI in multiple states, funded to the tune of $800,000 by the Obama campaign alone not to mention all the other government funds they get!!

And you give me one guy!
One republican voter who is swarmed by "seven squad cars and nine police officers"!!!
Acorn is barely even interviewed by the media, Obama's connection to them completely swept under the mainstream media's rug but the fricken swat teams are called out on this one republican who registered himself one time, in his old hometown!!

You probably don't even see how silly that makes your argument either...Lol!

You know what's really much more pathetic though?

Obama can fund ACORN without the press ever looking at it but some random plumber asks Obama a legitimate question but Obama screws the pooch in the answer so the media immediately jumps into the plumbers affairs like the gestapo looking for jews in Poland!!
F^@^ing media kiss my ass!!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

ACORN does concentrate their vote registration efforts in poor areas. Someone needs to help out these people. The Republicans aren't going to do it because they'll never represent these people, they aren't part of their base. But the Democrats know that this is a large block of disenfranchised people that can potentially change the outcome of an election, so the Dems try to register as many as possible and the Repubs remove as many as possible by 'caging', 'slamming' and 'fact checking', all now possible courtesy of the recent HAVA voter law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help_America_Vote_Act

Some more ACORN information since the facts are getting exaggerated here. The only part of this mess that's a little murky is the paid contract connection between Obama and ACORN, I will concede that point. Everything else is being WAY overblown.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/pol ... 70356.html

So you guys laugh off the slammer in California. I seriously doubt that he is as isolated case, come on! The Republican Party has VERY deep monetary pockets and a lot of partisan operatives out there that haven't been caught yet or at least better at it.

But here's an even more damning story on the Republican voter blocking tactics. If you want to call it lefty propaganda, be my guest. I'm sure the right would never admit this stuff anyway, just as the left will never admit their tactics. Alls fair in love and war. One thing I will agree on is that something needs to change with voter law in the U.S. and the HAVA law, that started out being bipartisan effort, was hijacked by the Republicans (they were in power at the time and guess who was one the architects of the HAVA law, Jack Abramoff). NICE! Now look at the mess we have! We need to keep partisanship out of the elections process, it's poisoning everything and dividing our country.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/st ... k_the_vote
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Tunnelcat as usual you seek out links that sugar coat the Obama involvement. For example your link to support the complaint that the accounting of his work with ACORN is \"overblown\" says he only worked in court with them on a motor voter case..
Bullcrap!
I've already posted a copy of the court docket that clearly lists him as one of the attorneys who sued CitiBank to get them to make numerous high risk mortgage loans to people who don't qualify for the loan!!
You know, the same loans that his cronies at Fanny and Freddy lied about and sold them as something they weren't and helped us into the financial mess we're in right now!!
Obama has been working with numerous branches of ACORN and their kind for years! Why the hell do you think he won't release any of the records of his work with them?
But you go right on seeking out only that which supports your agenda. Don't let the truth bother you one little bit, you certainly haven't so far....
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Aren't you sugar coating what the Repulicans are doing? They and McCain aren't clean either. I guess it comes down to who has the most dirt under the rug. But I'll bite here since I really don't have any agenda, as you seem to think. I've voted Republican many times in the past when I thought that it was the best choice, but in my opinion, not this time. I'm afraid haven't had a lot of time lately to read ALL the postings, so can you give me the ACORN link you're referring to? I must have missed it.