Will Obama be assassinated?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Yes
No votes
No
33%
It will at least be attempted
67%

Total votes: 18
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Last night I heard there was another attempt on Obamas' life. Funny because I hadn't heard of the first one. Seems like that would be front page news considering. So my question is this, suppose Obama gets elected, and some weirdo caps him. Will the country be better off or worse then? I've heard rumors that police departments across the country are already gearing up for riots in the event he doesn't get elected!! If that's the case, what will be the state of things if he gets assassinated. The poll my seem macabre but I want to get a real life sense of other peoples thoughts on this.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Will Obama be assassinated?

Post by Foil »

flip wrote:I've heard rumors that police departments across the country are already gearing up for riots in the event he doesn't get elected!!
I don't know about riots, but I personally expect to see demonstrations either way. The emotion he evokes in both his supporters and his opposers is surprisingly powerful.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

It will at least be planned, and I am sure that there will be riots if he doesn't get elected.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I hope not but there will be attempts for sure since this country is full of racists, white supremists, and nazi followers who are allowed breed to hate since they have our laws to protect them.

I don't think there will be riots if Obama loses fairly but messing with the ballots, machines not working, and voter fraud may push people over the edge since they remember the Bush/Gore fiasco.

Bee
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Bet51987 wrote:I don't think there will be riots if Obama loses fairly but messing with the ballots, machines not working, and voter fraud may push people over the edge since they remember the Bush/Gore fiasco.
Unless he does something stupid, he is going to win. If he loses, the only logical reason would be voter fraud.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Somebody slap me in the head really hard, if I ever start using logic like that ^^^^^
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Spidey wrote:Somebody slap me in the head really hard, if I ever start using logic like that ^^^^^
Actually, I find it to be very believable. He is leading in the polls now by 16 points, and unless he screws up or McCain does really good in the next few days, the only excuse in the eyes of many voters is fraud, like the purging of black voters from voter lists. If that happens, there will be at least large protests. Now, if there is a new poll out that shows the race to be close, nothing would happen, but with a 16 point lead, that is the only logical way McCain could win in the eyes of many.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I see, now your qualifing what you said, and then I would have to agree.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Dakatsu wrote:...He is leading in the polls now by 16 points....
Maybe 16 among independents but the over all is getting tight, Zogby, a relatively independent firm has it 4.3 points with a margin of error of 2.9
Gallup has it at 2 points basically a statistical dead heat...
TIPP has it Obama by 4 they are probably one of the best to watch.
If the Bradley effect is a factor then McCain is actually winning by a point or two. It seems to have faded for congressional elections and lower but this is the big game...we don't know how many people will get in touch with their inner racist once they get to the booth.

It's hard to know which poll to trust because many outlets are linked to mainstream media customers and have been known to skew the weighting of the results or the questions in order to produce an outcome they desire. For example if enough republicans buy into the hype that Obama is ahead by double digits and face three hour waiting lines at the polls on the way home from work they may not bother to vote.

McCain is just drafting, waiting to make his move at the bottom of the turn ;)

I predict riots either way. I saw what they did in Detroit when their team won the basketball game, I thought they must have lost judging from the turned over cars and gasoline bombs going off! More deaths if he loses though.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

If the polls are close near election day too, the only thing I would expect is demonstrations from the losing side, not large riots.

Then again, we have nutjobs everywhere, you never know.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Bet51987 wrote:I hope not but there will be attempts for sure since this country is full of racists, Black Panthers, and Nation of Islam followers who are allowed breed to hate since they have our laws to protect them.
Bee
Fixed it for you
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

I'm sure every president has assassination attempts at some time by sheer virtue of their position and the existence of extremists, and we don't hear about most of them.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Dakatsu wrote:Unless he does something stupid, he is going to win. If he loses, the only logical reason would be voter fraud.

ya that's the only reason ANY Democrat loses :roll:
Spidey wrote:Somebody slap me in the head really hard, if I ever start using logic like that ^^^^^
X2
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

woodchip wrote:
Woodchip's edit wrote:...racists, Black Panthers, and Nation of Islam followers...
Fixed it for you
If you have a point woodchip, please make it. Otherwise, take your inane potshots elsewhere.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

woodchip wrote:I hope not but there will be attempts for sure since this country is full of racists, Black Panthers, and Nation of Islam followers who are allowed breed to hate since they have our laws to protect them.
I don't care if you take what I said and change it for your personal use, that's fine with me, but don't keep my name on the header because it's not what I wrote. Keep my name off from now on so I can go back to ignoring you.

One more thing. What a difference between Blue Falcon and the likes of you.

Bee
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

For the 20th time, You Can’t Criticize Black People!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Foil wrote:
woodchip wrote:
Woodchip's edit wrote:...racists, Black Panthers, and Nation of Islam followers...
Fixed it for you
If you have a point woodchip, please make it. Otherwise, take your inane potshots elsewhere.
Oh I think I made point very well indeed. Bet's original post slanted racism as a white based scenario because Obama is considered a negro. I showed otherwise. Obama could be assassinated for reasons other than race. His potential mismanagement of the country for one. Who is to say a black man may not be the one to pull the trigger? A disaffected Asian or a Latino?
I could of made a couple of paragraph dissertation on hate mongering not being the sole purview of extremist whites but I succinctly just changed Bets verbiage instead. If Bet wants to preach reverse racism, don't expect me to stand idly by.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It’s a ★■◆● when you have to explain every little thing… :P
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

flip wrote:Last night I heard there was another attempt on Obamas' life.
I'm not aware of any actual attempts on Obama's life. They did just arrest some skinheads of a plot to kill Obama.

I voted "No" on the poll. I don't think Obama would be assassinated, even if someone did actually try - I think the Secret Service can handle it. Now, will there be folk who want to plot to assassinate a President Obama. Yeah, probably; but there's a large measure of degree to the seriousness with which such threats might be taken. Some people might actually be serious about it, some people might just shoot of their mouths about it.

Yeah, I think it would be a mess if there were an assassination attempt, but I think most Americans would rally around the Presidency and against any such violent acts, regardless of who you voted for, and regardless of who won the office. I would.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I can't seem to get away from politics. >_<

I think you guys are just giving crazy people more ideas. :P
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Jesus Freak »

Neo wrote:I can't seem to get away from politics. >_<