President Obama and Vice President Palin?!?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

President Obama and Vice President Palin?!?

Post by Will Robinson »

Just when you thought it was going to be safe to watch the results...
Apparently a tie is quite possible and if it happens the House gets to vote on President and the Senate gets to vote on Vice President and in the Senate the current Vice President is the tie breaking vote...
So one scenario has Obama winning in the House and Vice President Cheney casting the tie breaker vote in the Senate in which case he would make Sara Palin Obama's Vice President!!

Lol...we need this to play out! Imagine the quality of comedy TV for the next eight years! Imagine the price of life insurance on both of them for the next eight years!
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

If I remember my history....

Back in the day our government was originally set up so that the winner became the President, and second place became the Vice President.

So if we still played by those rules it would be President Obama and Vice President McCain or Vice Versa. (I'd vote for that ticket over either of the two we have now!!)

If I'm not totally fabricating my U.S. history,(possible), does anyone know why we ended up rejecting that system? It seems more balanced.....
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Conflict of parties, perhaps? I seem to remember there was a time when the prez and VP were different parties, and needless to say, they didn't get along so well.