Furs to become more popular

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Furs to become more popular

Post by woodchip »

All right back to the great Global Warming farce and how you are manipulated:

\"A surreal scientific blunder last week raised a huge question mark about the temperature records that underpin the worldwide alarm over global warming. On Monday, Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), which is run by Al Gore's chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, and is one of four bodies responsible for monitoring global temperatures, announced that last month was the hottest October on record.\"

\"The reason for the freak figures was that scores of temperature records from Russia and elsewhere were not based on October readings at all. Figures from the previous month had simply been carried over and repeated two months running\"

\"GISS claimed to have discovered a new \"hotspot\" in the Arctic - in a month when satellite images were showing Arctic sea-ice recovering so fast from its summer melt that three weeks ago it was 30 per cent more extensive than at the same time last year.\"

\"Yet last week's latest episode is far from the first time Dr Hansen's methodology has been called in question. In 2007 he was forced by Mr Watts and Mr McIntyre to revise his published figures for US surface temperatures, to show that the hottest decade of the 20th century was not the 1990s, as he had claimed, but the 1930s.\"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main ... do1610.xml
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

My take on this whole global warming thing, is similar to my take on the Ten Commandments.

Even if it turns out to be false, in both cases, they are promoting good rules to live by.

So for me, the argument of its existance is mute.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Don't come crying to me when the next ice age comes around \"We could have avoided this by burning more carbon...\". ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

My problem is the making of rules and regulations based on a false premise.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

This thread belongs in E&C, not here.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Indeed.